chicitybeats
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear maniac

D### tape stop

I use studio one and I love it, I am not a pro tools user but I record mainly rap and hip hop and the "tape stop" effect in pro tools every body ask me for it. Is there a plug in I can use to create those exact effect because every body ask about them and I have effectrit (wrong spelling I know) and it doesnt do it exactly, I really dont see the big difference in studio one and pro tools I really dont want to record in studio one and hire a engineer to do tape stops on pro tools. Please help!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Hey man,

Find DBlue Tape stop. It's one of a few freebies out there but is the easiest and most straight forward. Throw it on the Master bus (or wherever) and automate in S1.

You may want to check out Dblue Glitch also.. it has tapestop and a host of other usable tricks.
chicitybeats
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear maniac

Good looking ill try it in the morning!!

Sent from my SGH-T989
KT1
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
KT1
Lives for gear

You don't need a plug in. Envelope with pitch moving downwards over a short time is the same effect.

Sent from my HTC Desire S
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

What dayl said...I use studio one and thats how I do tape stops...
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Hey man,

Find DBlue Tape stop. It's one of a few freebies out there but is the easiest and most straight forward. Throw it on the Master bus (or wherever) and automate in S1.

You may want to check out Dblue Glitch also.. it has tapestop and a host of other usable tricks.
thx
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Gear maniac

theres one that comes stock with Protools, its called Vari-fi it does tapestop and speed up, the reverse effect
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Citi View Post
theres one that comes stock with Protools, its called Vari-fi it does tapestop and speed up, the reverse effect
He said he doesn't use PT and wants to find one that is *like* the one in PT.
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT1 View Post
You don't need a plug in. Envelope with pitch moving downwards over a short time is the same effect.
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, I don't think that's correct. Automating pitch alone wouldn't slow it down. I believe you would also have to automate the tempo, using something like Elastic Audio mode in PT.
KT1
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, I don't think that's correct. Automating pitch alone wouldn't slow it down. I believe you would also have to automate the tempo, using something like Elastic Audio mode in PT.
Actually you have understood correctly. If the envelope is short enough it will give you the effect in question. Try it. Just pitch. If you need a bot more you can also automate the bpm in line with pitch automation.

Sent from my HTC Desire S
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT1 View Post
...If the envelope is short enough it will give you the effect in question...
Well, it would have to be REAL short, and even then it would only give the illusion of the same effect. But if the OP is truly going for a tape/record stop sound, I don't think he would be satisfied just automating a pitch shift.
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Gear maniac

Damn wish you had logic its super easy you just put cross fade on and set it to pitch slow down setting
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search