DaMutt
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear interested

Connecting with musicians

Hello,

I'm new to this site.

A brief background on me

I started rapping at 13 (battling free styling) and got pretty good at it. I moved to beat production as a secondary thing just to have stuff to rap off of and used to freestyle with my friends.

Wound up getting heavy into martial arts before getting serious about music.

Stopped rapping but kept producing as a hobby on FL and the quality was poor

Kind of dropped off the music thing during college but always came back periodically

Always had a great love for music which I think always got me coming back

Last year it kind of hit me that I'm sick of the 9-5 prescription career and want to make a living off this

So I got serious

got an iMac, abletonlive, and a few midi controllers to start

I've been working on improving my production and generating unused content for half a year now (every day) and really I'm just ready to hear voices on my work (singing, rapping, whatever)

I'm not charging for now because I want to generate a portfolio

Found this site googling some production questions I had and I think the site is great.

So

how can I connect with some vocalists to record for free over my beats?

thanks for all with the patience to read through this.
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear addict

We'v done the same thing at the beginning. Just putting out free instrumentals to artist and labels for a lil self promo getting in the industry.

Usually its pretty easy, today everybody is networking via twitter/facebook or whatever. Just write them a quick message including the word "free" in any phrase and they get hooked.

Be sure you only write to promocing and talented acts so you dont have to be ashamed when the productions sounds shitty and is cruising all over the web. You surely dont wanna be known for bad sounds from the very beginning.
DaMutt
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbechristos View Post
We'v done the same thing at the beginning. Just putting out free instrumentals to artist and labels for a lil self promo getting in the industry.

Usually its pretty easy, today everybody is networking via twitter/facebook or whatever. Just write them a quick message including the word "free" in any phrase and they get hooked.

Be sure you only write to promocing and talented acts so you dont have to be ashamed when the productions sounds shitty and is cruising all over the web. You surely dont wanna be known for bad sounds from the very beginning.
thanks- any artists on this site to be aware of?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search