Need some Quick & Easy Ableton Help
New Reply
Subscribe
Aplaudible
30th June 2013
Old 30th June 2013
Gear Head

Need some Quick & Easy Ableton Help

Hello all Hip Hop Producers/Engineers. Thanks for the help ahead of time if I receive it

So check it. I want to start using ableton to sample songs because I really dig the system it has and I am kind of tired of wavosaur because I have been using it for over 4 years now....HOWEVER

I want to use the warping scheme it has set up. I basically attuned the track to the right BPM myself by putting the first 2 warp markers down seperating 2 bars making it 120ish something BPM....

I put down other warp markers in that sample area [the preview area where we put markers etc]....so that I have about 10 other samples...but HOW do you export just the slices you did under the warp markers into separate wav files outside of the program? The only option available to me is "export to midi track" which I tried but it just basically put them on some sort of MPC device and that's not what I want...any help is HUGELY appreciated
Aplaudible
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear Head

K I figured it out.....actually insanely simple lol anyways here's what you do in case someone else gets stumped

Load wav/song/segment into ableton...when you click on it go to the "sample preview" area where the warp etc buttons are....

There's a small bar above that area...Move it until 1 bar from the song is correctly aligned to "1 bar" in the preview. The BPM will then change whether you go left or right depending upon the songs correct BPM

Then adjust the BPM at the top of the screen at the left....then voila You just click and drag down what samples you want since the song will have all its bars structured correctly at that point [unless the musicians/artist etc ****ed up their bars playing at some point in the song which does happen]
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search