is this supposed to be a kick drum? (young jeezy - r.i.p.)
beat you down
Thread Starter
#1
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
is this supposed to be a kick drum? (young jeezy - r.i.p.)

#2
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #2
Gear addict
 
MIDIMobster's Avatar
it's like a drum and low synth at the same time..lol I just noticed how this beat is only made up of like 5 sounds in total as well
#3
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

Synth and then a low 808 with no punch?
Quote
1
beat you down
Thread Starter
#4
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
i guess the me accidentally muted all tracks labeled 'attack....'.
#5
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #5
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
i guess the me accidentally muted all tracks labeled 'attack....'.
This track is terrible. People really need to stop mixing on Beats by Dre and laptop speakers.
Quote
1
#6
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

yup
#7
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #7
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
yup
I don't see how the low end is going to knock in the club. It barely knocks on my own sub.
#8
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

I can't blast atm but sounds low in the mix a little. Should feel it in the club... just won't be punching the chest.
beat you down
Thread Starter
#9
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
won't knock at all just have looooow floppy woofs.
Quote
1
DAH
#10
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #10
DAH
Lives for gear
 
DAH's Avatar
 

Or I Pee makes up for the knock)
#11
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #11
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
won't knock at all just have looooow floppy woofs.
Lyrics should be more along the line of "R.I.P., track's full of mud. Don't volume up cos kick's got no thud."

All I hear is low rumbly mess.

Sounds like they just HP'd the whole drum chain just for the lulz, used an 808 as synth and then added another synth on top. Midway through, thought shit, we have no kick then added some random 808 mess underneath from Souljaboy's drum library.
Quote
2
#12
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #12
Banned
 

Terrible track, terrible vocal. This ranks right up there (er, down there?) with that "Laughin to the Bank" track.
#13
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #13
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by isawsasquatch View Post
Terrible track, terrible vocal. This ranks right up there (er, down there?) with that "Laughin to the Bank" track.
The whole Cheif Keef record is a mess.
#14
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #14
Banned
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omzz888 View Post
The whole Cheif Keef record is a mess.


You made it through a whole record of that shit?!?
#15
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawsasquatch View Post
Terrible track, terrible vocal. This ranks right up there (er, down there?) with that "Laughin to the Bank" track.
I disagree.
I don't think "Laugin to the Bank" will ever be touched!! lol

And I think this another Mustard track. All his beats are 5 sounds or less.
#16
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #16
Gear maniac
 
DJ TEKNIK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by isawsasquatch View Post


You made it through a whole record of that shit?!?
I downloaded it and put on CD Man I lost in so many levels
#17
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #17
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj teknik View Post
i downloaded it and put on cd Man i lost in so many levels
r.i.p. cd-r.
Quote
2
#18
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #18
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 

it's like a track with no kickdrum, and a helicopter flying over your house
#19
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #19
Lives for gear
 
skillz335's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omzz888 View Post
This track is terrible. People really need to stop mixing on Beats by Dre and laptop speakers.
that and, rap artists just need to just pay for beats instead of thinking they can make them. thank solja boy for this shit.
#20
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #20
Gear nut
 
leviathansounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz335 View Post
that and, rap artists just need to just pay for beats instead of thinking they can make them. thank solja boy for this shit.
ACTUALLY, this beat is made by a producer who doesn't rap, his whole career was built on making beats for Y.G. I don't think he's anything special, but he's def not a rapper trying to make beats. Check his rep.
Quote
1
#21
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #21
Gear nut
 
leviathansounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle View Post
I disagree.
I don't think "Laugin to the Bank" will ever be touched!! lol

And I think this another Mustard track. All his beats are 5 sounds or less.
Yup, it's a Mustard track
Quote
1
#22
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #22
www.KevWestBeats.com
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Beat is softer than toilet paper
#23
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #23
Gear nut
 
leviathansounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Beat is softer than toilet paper
The majority of his beats are garbage IMHO. Nothing special going on.
#24
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #24
www.KevWestBeats.com
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathansounds View Post
The majority of his beats are garbage IMHO. Nothing special going on.
that's subjective. I dont think the beat is bad just soft. cats these days place too much emphasis on pretty ass melodies.
#25
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #25
Gear nut
 
Omzz888's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Beat is softer than toilet paper
Actually, come to think of it, my fart earlier today rumbled harder than this record.
Quote
1
#26
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #26
Gear nut
 
leviathansounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
that's subjective. I dont think the beat is bad just soft. cats these days place too much emphasis on pretty ass melodies.
Yeah I know it's subjective, hence the reason I put IMHO. Which means "In My Honest Opinion." I respect the cat though, and there's a few beats of his that I think are quite decent .
beat you down
Thread Starter
#27
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #27
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
i don't care if it was made with just 5 sounds.
imo a track without kicks CAN be nice, this just sounds like they want it to have kicks but couldn't get them to knock.

i worry about my mixes then this sh!t is on vevo lol.
#28
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
imo a track without kicks CAN be nice, this just sounds like they want it to have kicks but couldn't get them to knock.
Yeah exactly, while I dont know about the couldn't get it to knock, it sounds like a creative choice but the track definitely sounds like it was built around a kick punching in and sounds somewhat lacking without it imo
beat you down
Thread Starter
#29
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Yeah exactly, while I dont know about the couldn't get it to knock, it sounds like a creative choice but the track definitely sounds like it was built around a kick punching in and sounds somewhat lacking without it imo
they should be able indeed, actually i'm sure.
what i mean is, their creative choice doesn't convince me.
#30
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
  #30
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

ha! true, there is enough room in the track for a sledgehammer to knock.

Instead Im kind of listening , waiting for the drop.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Shizampah / So much gear, so little time!
9
beingmf / So much gear, so little time!
40
Kenny Gioia / So much gear, so little time!
9

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.