Bought any vst's lately?
Old 14th March 2013
Gear addict

Bought any vst's lately?

What have guys bought software wise where you feel you have gotten your money's worth. I'm just looking for some new stuff. I have exhausted gladiator lol. I was looking at getting the following in the near future:
1. Komplete 9 Ultimate (update)
2. Halionsonic ($100 update)
3. Korg Legacy Collection-$200

I'm disappointed with my Total Workstation Bundle purchase from months ago. Another thing, Komplete is good, but I find myself using more third party vsts more (Gladiator etc).
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

IK Multimedia Sampletron was a steal.
Old 14th March 2013
Gear addict

Man... I need to get Kontakt... but everybody says I should just get Komplete but I know I'm not going to use half the stuff in Komplete... so I keep putting it off.

All you guys with Komplete.... how many other products in Komplete do you use?
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

anyone use: U-He Diva

when it first came out there were some CPU issues. Is it still a CPU hog?
Old 14th March 2013
Gear maniac

I got iZotope IRIS + Ozone few months ago.. I'm tellin you IRIS is some next level shit.. ultimate in making unique sounds limitless possibilities. Dope stock library too, but if you get it there's soooo much you can do with it. Highly recommend it. It's my second favorite VST ever aside from Omnisphere. Omnispheres library is just soo beastly. Sidebar: Sylenth is very dope for the price and good for sparking creativity if you wanna lay down somethin quick. Nexus wasn't as great as its hyped up to be, but that Hollywood expansion is pretty tuff for brass/string it goes hard.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

I use sylenth 1 and a SHIT LOAD of presets from everywhere.. most professional sounding stuff i've come across.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

uad shmc
uad k-stereo
uad la2a collection
ubk clariphonic was the last one
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
IK Multimedia Sampletron was a steal.
I love that plugin....dusty, wonky goodness.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Just preordered arturia minilab midi controller which comes along with the new analog lab software w/ 5k sounds hybrid! other than that I have dedicated my time to learning synthesis and really taking advantage of the stuff I do have
Old 14th March 2013
wreckingstuff

Got the IK Miroslav because they have a stupid cheapness promotion on. Dislike the download/authorisation process, and the gui is a bit fiddly, but it sounds nice. Sampletron tempting, you guys who have it, do you find yourselves using it alot?
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

I use Sampletron alot...you either love it or you hate it. If you like dusty, warbly sounding organs and strings....you will love it.

Deliciously lo-fi
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

no, i'm in the process of downsizing.
Old 14th March 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post

Diva's CPU might not be a problem when you consider that it is now multithread and you can set it to preview mode to work and HQ to render. The CPU use is way down from when it first released.

Don't overlook Lush-101 though guys. It is a very versatile synth. Yes the CPU use can be difficult if you push it too hard. But for normal use not alot worse than Diva. It is top shelf quality. Recommend you demo it and see if it suits you.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
I use Sampletron alot...you either love it or you hate it. If you like dusty, warbly sounding organs and strings....you will love it.

Deliciously lo-fi
Yeah, this. The patches are ugly as sin, in the right way. Soloing the patches may put people off too, but once they're in the mix ........

Also some of those lo fi strings under a hiquality pristine string is get it just right.. great for the blends too.

Old 14th March 2013
wreckingstuff

Cool, like what I'm reading, downloading it now, just in time, promo ends tomorrow. I got the Miroslav because it was also dirt cheap and I'm more impressed by it than I thought I might be, so I'm looking forward to playing with this.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

yup. same interface That's IK.

Be prepared to be underwhelmed at first.... and then it will hopefully grow on you. It should fill some tonal gaps at the very least.

Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Recently Vahalla Vintage Verb and Neo Soul Keys (Rhodes).

Sampletron is a great plugin. You can find some great loops, kicks and snares in there too. I like to really twist that stuff up tho, it is easy to use the obvious stuff that any one else will use now especially that they are giving it away to everyone.

Feature-wise I don't believe you can exhuast Gladiator, but sound-wise it has the tendency to have it's own timbre which can start to colorize tracks in a too familiar way.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Waves CLA Effects single.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingstuff View Post
Cool, like what I'm reading, downloading it now, just in time, promo ends tomorrow. I got the Miroslav because it was also dirt cheap and I'm more impressed by it than I thought I might be, so I'm looking forward to playing with this.
Are you guys talking Philharmonik? I've been using that since forever! i cant believe its $32...its still a go to for me

Sent from my Nexus 4
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
Recently Vahalla Vintage Verb
Oh how could I forget this!

This is plug is so FTW!! It's my go to verb. Truly amazing bang for the buck... $50!? Whattttttt
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

in the 'divine' setting it can give you some trouble if you have many instances or a lot of other plugins open. But generally if your cpu is relatively fast/powerful it works pretty decent.
Old 15th March 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:

You should have told me you were looking fam. I sold my copy today. Diva is dope but I don't feel like I need it or that I use it regularly enough to really keep it around. I am downsizing my virtual synth collection. Already sold Operator, Sylenth 1, and Diva. Now if I could get someone to buy my copies of Guitar Rig and Kontakt.
Old 15th March 2013
Banned

Quote:

Before you pretty much couldn't use it. Now, you can use it depending on what preset you are playing. Its still very CPU intensive. You can check out sound examples on their website.

I recently got rayblaster from tone2. It sounds good. I like what tone2 make. I held off on buying Komplete b/c I already have fm8, massive, guitar rig, and some kontakt stuff. Ultimate 9 seems to have a bunch of filler bullshit that I will probably never use. I do think that having a variety of vst's from a variety of developers is better for creativity.

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

Everything by Fabfilter.
Everything by Slate Digital.

Worth every red cent.
Old 15th March 2013
Gear Head

Voxengo Gliss EQ
Old 15th March 2013
Banned

I don't think OP was talking about effects.
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Well, VST is an fx plugin..

the vsti designation is for instruments...even though he mentioned instruments. But I digress...no distinction was really made.
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Sonar X-2 Producer Expanded ( all that is included with Sonar X-2)
OP-X PRO-II
December I got East West Symphonic Platinum Plus for 1/2 off on sale
February I got Arturia "The Laboratory 61 key"
March got Arturia V Collection 3 & Komplete8 (Installing now)

Not going to be on the forums a lot, going to be reading manuals, getting the know this stuff and layin' down tracks. YEE HAAA!
Old 16th March 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R View Post
Everything by Fabfilter.
Everything by Slate Digital.

Worth every red cent.
Pro-Q
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Head

Soundtoys stuff
Lush 101
Saurus
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search