Some things I can do in Reason with the Redrum or the NN19/NNXT/NN-Nano. There I can assign the velocity to (in no particular order):
- sample start (increase/decrease start time - I use this a lot especially on claps with long applause samples)
- pitch bend rate (increase/decrease bend time)
- filter env (increase/decreas amount)
- filter decay (increase/decrease decay time)
- amp ( aka volume - pretty standard)
- amp attack (increase/decrease amp attack time)
- tone (increase/decrease "treble")
- filter frequency (increase/decrease filter cut off)
- pitch (increase/decrease pitch withou bend)
I think that should be most of them.
Of course you could process your file in different manners, load them into your sampler and assign different velocity zones to them matching your playstyle.
"We urge all brothers and sisters of the underground to create and transmit their tones and frequencies no matter how so called primitive their equipment may be. Transmit these tones and wreak havoc on the programmers!
Long live the underground..."