Pete Rock & Joey Bada$$ collab
SeriousPancakes
Thread Starter
#1
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #1
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 540

Thread Starter
Pete Rock & Joey Bada$$ collab

What do you guys think? His track with DJ Premier was pretty good but I think this may be some heat.

#2
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #2
Gear nut
 
DESERT_HEAD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 112

excited. good to see young new rappers that actually have good taste in hip hop
#3
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,217

good shhh

joey really is bad ass imo

hopefully pr pulls out some old disks.
#4
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

He is really overrated but it's a cool song.
#5
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #5
Gear Head
 
Jawnson's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Landgraaf (The Netherlands)

I'm excited to hear the final product!
#6
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 4,671

Pete Rock

!!!
#7
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #7
Gear nut
 
DESERT_HEAD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
He is really overrated but it's a cool song.
look hes no nas, pun or tupac. but hes a young kid with good flow and alot of potential and good taste in beats. thats why i enjoy him
Quote
1
#8
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERT_HEAD View Post
look hes no nas, pun or tupac. but hes a young kid with good flow and alot of potential and good taste in beats. thats why i enjoy him

The rappers you came up are overrated as well specially Nas and for shure 2Pac (most overrated one)

The reason i call someone overrated is a fact he/she is hyped by certain industry people. Let say some people are helping him just like Kendrik Lamar or ASAP Rocky
Quote
1
#9
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,217

dude you suffer from back packer nostalgia. nas overrated? lol

joey b a would be dope no matter what era or industry condition.

here you have pete rock and a young dude who likes that 90's stuff, still you naggin'

you know wild style was a shitty movie pimpin' hip hop culture right?
shit like that started what you down on all the time.

who are there so called greats you talk about anyway?

who enlightened you?

all the pioneers talked about was girls money cars drugs as well.

Quote
1
#10
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Vanilla_Dutches's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
The rappers you came up are overrated as well specially Nas and for shure 2Pac (most overrated one)

The reason i call someone overrated is a fact he/she is hyped by certain industry people. Let say some people are helping him just like Kendrik Lamar or ASAP Rocky
So everybody should strive to stay broke making music?
#11
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
So everybody should strive to stay broke making music?

Money destroyed the quality of music and that's not an fact but a given.

What's wrong making good quality music and make a livin' out of it but not like million's of dollars to sell your soul to be a prostitute for your label and make an big profit out of you.

It's your own life. You can have a solid base of money but alot of money makes you greedy and have fake fans.
Quote
1
#12
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #12
Gear interested
 
Dustymentals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
Money destroyed the quality of music and that's not an fact but a given.

What's wrong making good quality music and make a livin' out of it but not like million's of dollars to sell your soul to be a prostitute for your label and make an big profit out of you.

It's your own life. You can have a solid base of money but alot of money makes you greedy and have fake fans.
Whats a "fake fan" exactly?

And how does having alot of money make you greedy?
#13
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #13
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle

Still though,nas overrated? The fact that a 19-20 year old could write the lyrics on "Illmatic" is a miracle. I still listen to "who's world..." In disbelief ,knowing that such a young kid wrote that shit. Can't really call pac overrated either..his music has connected with,and had a deeper emotional impact on more people than any mc in history,and this possibly could have been said even before he died. I've only heard a couple badass joints but he sounds pretty dope.
Quote
1
#14
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Vanilla_Dutches's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
Money destroyed the quality of music and that's not an fact but a given.

What's wrong making good quality music and make a livin' out of it but not like million's of dollars to sell your soul to be a prostitute for your label and make an big profit out of you.

It's your own life. You can have a solid base of money but alot of money makes you greedy and have fake fans.
The problem is...it's not really like that anymore.

You have Artist A who just makes his music how he sees fit...is having fun with it or doing it to get pu**y, like most rappers in the 80's and 90's were.

They develop a grass roots following, still making THEIR music.

They go to labels with millions of fans with complete albums, ready to be marketed.

At this point, what? They get a 360 deal for touring and distro.

So what does this mean? That the labels are not really developing and cultivating these artists anymore. They are getting a much more organic product as opposed to a manufactured one like previous eras.

So why blame corporatism? Because what you are seeing being marketed today is MUCH more what the people are asking for as opposed to what is being pumped down their throats. Corporate America is just the vehicle to get this stuff to a wider base. And they still manage to eat off of it.

Seems your anger is misguided. It's the fans that are the "industry" now.
#15
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

I ment fake friends instead of fake fans.
wreckingstuff
#16
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #16
wreckingstuff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I think Joey Bada$$ is the real deal, what I can't understand is Freddie Gibbs.
#17
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
The problem is...it's not really like that anymore.

You have Artist A who just makes his music how he sees fit...is having fun with it or doing it to get pu**y, like most rappers in the 80's and 90's were.

They develop a grass roots following, still making THEIR music.

They go to labels with millions of fans with complete albums, ready to be marketed.

At this point, what? They get a 360 deal for touring and distro.

So what does this mean? That the labels are not really developing and cultivating these artists anymore. They are getting a much more organic product as opposed to a manufactured one like previous eras.

So why blame corporatism? Because what you are seeing being marketed today is MUCH more what the people are asking for as opposed to what is being pumped down their throats. Corporate America is just the vehicle to get this stuff to a wider base. And they still manage to eat off of it.

Seems your anger is misguided. It's the fans that are the "industry" now.
If that's not the problems these days why are so called hiphop heads like Wayne, Kanye or Drake still at the mainstream level and not Joey Badass or any non mainstream artist. It's all about the money hoe (not aimed at you).

Corporatism has been there for ages.
#18
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #18
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

I think to many of you guys/girls are to ignorant to see the thruth about corporate sytem we life in.

The reason most people don't understand is because they don't think. This is why corporatism still happen. This is the main reason to manipulate people and specially the ignorant/naïve youth.

That is also the reason GS won't allow duscussions about the music industry. Nuff Said!!
wreckingstuff
#19
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #19
wreckingstuff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Surely there is no need to do the 'defender of the real' thing in this thread, the dude is working with Pete Rock.
#20
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #20
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingstuff View Post
Surely there is no need to do the 'defender of the real' thing in this thread, the dude is working with Pete Rock.
So what!
#21
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Vanilla_Dutches's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,391

The fact is, if there was no such thing as Capitalism, or money at that, you would still find a reason to bitch about more people not liking the music you listen to than people who do.
SeriousPancakes
Thread Starter
#22
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #22
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 540

Thread Starter
Oh yeah, the industry is definitely evil in regards to hip hop. I've been in the office where I've heard some stuff that would make people's heads turn (let's just say racist is an understatement) and it goes much deeper than money. There is a reason hip hop is not played on the radio and contemporary 'urban' music is all about sex, drugs, and crime.
#23
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #23
Gear nut
 
DESERT_HEAD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
The rappers you came up are overrated as well specially Nas and for shure 2Pac (most overrated one)

The reason i call someone overrated is a fact he/she is hyped by certain industry people. Let say some people are helping him just like Kendrik Lamar or ASAP Rocky

thats cool.to each their own. nas is def not overrated alot of people will back me on that. i never liked tupac's music to be honest but he was an amazing music artist. i would really like to know though, who your personal greats are?
#24
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
I think to many of you guys/girls are to ignorant to see the thruth about corporate sytem we life in.

The reason most people don't understand is because they don't think. This is why corporatism still happen. This is the main reason to manipulate people and specially the ignorant/naïve youth.

That is also the reason GS won't allow duscussions about the music industry. Nuff Said!!
i'm pretty sure you mean well but you also talk a whole lot of trash dude.
like i asked before...
you have your little wild style avatar, you call nas and joey b a overrated. who do you listen to then?

#25
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #25
Gear addict
 
TheOxmyn's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Y O N K E R S, N Y
Posts: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
The rappers you came up are overrated as well specially Nas
Quote
1
#26
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 4,671

Joey is all good and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.

1999 was no hype, thats a real deal example of how you put together a mixtape. The kids flow, track selection, attitude & style is on point. I'll admit that I don't know much about the rest of the Pro Era camp, but good on this kid.

Working with Preem, Pete Rock ..... lucky

It's cool to see many of these new kids coming through going back to the boom bap instead of the next dubstep hip hop, boom trap producer. Refreshing.
JLF
#27
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #27
JLF
Gear interested
 
JLF's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2

First post
I am an 90's head and Joey has major fire, add Pete Rock and you have a dope combination. Wasn't feeling that first beat Pete dropped but the track Joey used sounds good.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a
#28
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #28
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: jefferson city, mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingstuff View Post
I think Joey Bada$$ is the real deal, what I can't understand is Freddie Gibbs.
Gibbs is a throwback too, gangsta rapper with actual flow like they were expected to have at first.
#29
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Deventer
Posts: 500

#30
24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
  #30
Gear nut
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 View Post
Money destroyed the quality of music and that's not an fact but a given.

What's wrong making good quality music and make a livin' out of it but not like million's of dollars to sell your soul to be a prostitute for your label and make an big profit out of you.

It's your own life. You can have a solid base of money but alot of money makes you greedy and have fake fans.


dope links though
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
darwin / So much gear, so little time!
7
joaquin / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
29
Seek / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
14
flipmodea / High end
10
Remoteness / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
19

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.