NI spamming?
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

NI spamming?

wsup with NI?

lately they're spamming A LOT!

used to love them but the spamming is getting out of hand imo, i get 'offers' on the daily sometimes.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Second link, from the bottom of every letter
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
Second link, from the bottom of every letter
that's not the point sherlock.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
that's not the point sherlock.
And what is? Newsletters and Action sale infos aren't spam letters. And you subscribed to it. If you don't like it you can always unsubscribe. I don't have any problems with receiving info from them..
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
And what is? Newsletters and Action sale infos aren't spam letters. And you subscribed to it. If you don't like it you can always unsubscribe. I don't have any problems with receiving info from them..
again, that's not the point.

there's a difference between informing prospects / clients and spamming them daily.

it is all part of a companies identity.

almost daily 'offers' will eventually irritate the @#$@ out of your contacts leading to less sales and brand fracture, they seem desperate. it's not 1999.

a monthly newsletter would do.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
wsup with NI?

lately they're spamming A LOT!

used to love them but the spamming is getting out of hand imo, i get 'offers' on the daily sometimes.
Yeah _ I agree...I've been put off a few companies by their spam. The 'unsubscribe' button doesn't always work.

The result is that otherwise good companies will not be able to communicate valuable information to customers.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Yeah _ I agree...I've been put off a few companies by their spam. The 'unsubscribe' button doesn't always work.

The result is that otherwise good companies will not be able to communicate valuable information to customers.
i know but i think lately NI changed their strategy on this.
normally i would get a mail every now and then, which is fine.

i'd like them to bundle these offers and put them out monthly and communicate update downloads of the NI apps i own whenever.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah - I noticed a geenral change about 6 months ago...as the recession hit it seemed like they were trying to wring water from a dry sponge. I like an email update once per month but it annoys me when I have to delete junk email and I associate that with the company and their products.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear addict

thing with ni is u get alot of comms and about the latest sound pack and the latest vintage compressor plugin.

but no info on the shit that u actually wanna know namely wassup with maschine what new features are comming and when is the update out
Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

it is tax time here in the US... therefore... there is money to be made... plus... they have come out with a new effect package, komplete sale, 1000 follows of the maschine on facebook, etc...

you call it spamming... NI calls it marketing...

p.s. take yourself off the mailing list... it is that simple...
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBlakey View Post
it is tax time here in the US... therefore... there is money to be made... plus... they have come out with a new effect package, komplete sale, 1000 follows of the maschine on facebook, etc...

you call it spamming... NI calls it marketing...

p.s. take yourself off the mailing list... it is that simple...
done but that wasn't my point at all like i said twice already lol.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
done but that wasn't my point at all like i said twice already lol.
it just appears that you are complaining/wasting your time about something that has a pretty simple solution...

again... NI thinks they are marketing their products and not spamming "you"!!!
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
it just appears that you are complaining/wasting your time about something that has a pretty simple solution...

No he was just noticing a new trend with NI mailing strategy that irritated him. He already explained it 3 Times jeeze!!!

I noticed too btw, it became on par with the odd sample pack companies. I put it in my spam, cuz I still wanna see what's new from time to time

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's not that straightforward - what if the recipient wants email but at reasonable intervals (monthly instead of weekly)?
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear
---
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

or just update notifications for products you own?
can that be specified? or do you get all or nothing?
Old 6th February 2013
Gear maniac

I know its not your point but I unsubscribed a long time ago. It's really as easy as that. Not to mention if you frequent the net you will hear about the big deals through word of mouth. Those emails usually aren't worth me opening every other day they send them.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

i unsubscribed already, indeed wasn't my point but nevermind.

Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
No he was just noticing a new trend with NI mailing strategy that irritated him. He already explained it 3 Times jeeze!!!
again... there is a simple solution to problem...

marketing is marketing... new trend with NI mailing strategy or not... the solution is still simple!!! cancel you subscription!!!

Quote:
It's not that straightforward - what if the recipient wants email but at reasonable intervals (monthly instead of weekly)?
it is straightforward... cancel you subscription... and from time to time/on regular intervals go directly to the NI website and see what is going on...

we are not talking about calculus here!!! but a company sending you more e-mails than you want...
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
they seem desperate.
I get the same feeling. Just remember Maschine fanboys are pretty rabid.
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ton splash View Post
I get the same feeling. Just remember Maschine fanboys are pretty rabid.
Yeah right.. (no i don't own Maschine)
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
again... there is a simple solution to problem...

marketing is marketing... new trend with NI mailing strategy or not... the solution is still simple!!! cancel you subscription!!!
some customers want to hear news lolll! but they were just overdoing it. My solution is treat them like spam, and check your spam box from time to time
Old 8th February 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Maybe its me but I am not getting that many emails from them. If I remember right isn't there a way to set how frequently they send their emails out. I might get one or two a month. I generally like seeing when new stuff comes out
Old 8th February 2013
Brb
Gear addict

Ni don't even spam
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah - I noticed a geenral change about 6 months ago ... I like an email update once per month but it annoys me when I have to delete junk email and I associate that with the company and their products.
+1
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalle View Post
+1
By coincidence I've just received (another) 'thank you' email from Wikipedia, to whom I donated just a few weeks ago - in smallish print about 3/4 in I was informed that they were increasing promotional/fundraising emails to a few a year.

I decided to unsubscribe and it's very unlikely that Wikipedia will ever get another penny from me.

Quote:
...it is straightforward... cancel you subscription... and from time to time/on regular intervals go directly to the NI website and see what is going on...

we are not talking about calculus here!!! but a company sending you more e-mails than you want...
A company is sending more emails than you want...it's not rocket science...someone at NI should wise up and realise they will lose customers that have taken time and resources to get onto the mailing list and also it will damage the company's standing/reputation...someone needs to tell them that. Besides which it's rude to hassle people with something they haven't requested.
Old 8th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
A company is sending more emails than you want...it's not rocket science...someone at NI should wise up and realise they will lose customers that have taken time and resources to get onto the mailing list and also it will damage the company's standing/reputation...someone needs to tell them that. Besides which it's rude to hassle people with something they haven't requested.
this sounds crazy... because NI sends out "too" many emails... and if they create a product that an individuals likes... because of the abundance of emails... they are not going to buy it?

sit back and think about that... it sounds crazy!!!

Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
this sounds crazy... because NI sends out "too" many emails... and if they create a product that an individuals likes... because of the abundance of emails... they are not going to buy it?

sit back and think about that... it sounds crazy!!!

It's only crazy if one takes the view that the customer should conform to the company.
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

I don't mind NI emails, good deals most of the time when I read what they sent to my inbox.
Old 8th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
It's only crazy if one takes the view that the customer should conform to the company.
NO!!! it crazy to not buy a product "you" like from a company because they send you too many emails... that is crazy...

especially when there is the ability to cancel the emails!!!

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search