New Reply
Subscribe
tdot
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for beer

Modding your MPC

Anyone else do it?
I know it's completely pointless, and I actually destroyed an MPC while doing it (ripped a trace off the PCB ahhhhhh), but in the end it looks nice

http://tdotshack.net/IMG_20130120_024942.jpg
http://tdotshack.net/IMG_20130120_024955.jpg

yes I know camera sucks, play/bank leds are white, rec/overdub/undo (which were red) are purple, the rest are blue - the slider is chrome painted plastic and the wheel is actual chrome.

edit: replaced images with a link because they were ****ing HUGE
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

Cool, not pointless. Looks Dope! and regardless of what people say... that actually matters in many cases! lol
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear addict

I've only repaired some knobs when I had the 1K and installed fatter blue pads to the 500. Like in primary school, with the mpc's you don't wanna mess with the older ones..
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear addict

that XL is actually very cool, tdot
tdot
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Cool, not pointless. Looks Dope! and regardless of what people say... that actually matters in many cases! lol
That's kinda true, 80% of why I prefer the MPC over a computer is workflow, and if it looks dope it may influence you to want to work with it even more Now it also matches most of the rest of my studio (the artist mix, patchbays, ferrofish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsquash View Post
I've only repaired some knobs when I had the 1K and installed fatter blue pads to the 500. Like in primary school, with the mpc's you don't wanna mess with the older ones..
Yeah if I got a 3000 I wouldn't touch it (too expensive and classic), but the 2KXL's are cheap as hell now. The 2nd one I bought just for the main control board I destroyed was only $325 (and now I have a second 8 out board!), but the encoder and slide were broken so I had to swap those as well.

It was fun looking inside them, the main boards of them were different, it looked like my original one was newer, and they both had a few chips that were slightly different. My original one had a PCM69A D/A and the new one I got had a PCM69B D/A which is strange because the new one seems older ... and funny enough, my original one had all PCM69B D/A's on the 8out board, and the new one had all PCM69A D/A's on the 8out board ... I can't find any differences on the two on the net, but I'm just going to assume 'B' is the newer one and that they may have slightly improved it.
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

I put in a CF drive and maxed out the ram in my MPC3000.
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACKPIPE View Post
I put in a CF drive and maxed out the ram in my MPC3000.
ok ok, that I would do .... no modifying its circuits though, unless something was broken
one day I'll get a 3000 (low on my priority list now, I already got a 2KXL, which works perfectly fine), I'll just get the LE so its already the right color
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search