Cool...Software made it so you can have extremely complex beats...BUT...
recknotechno
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

Cool...Software made it so you can have extremely complex beats...BUT...

rap still sounds mediocre...monotous...cranked out. I was having a conversation about this with a friend of mine 6 years ago during the advent of computer music and he assured me that computers would take out the monoteny. But beats still sound cranked out. I know what you are going to say...they leave room for the vocals. I don't think so. Electro producers have vocals sometimes and it don't sound cranked. Why is that?
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Edm sound like crap...why is that?

gtfoh
recknotechno
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

it may sound like crap but it isn't repetitive and its the most popular genre in the world. They use the same instruments.
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

recknotechno
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillJams View Post
Definitely changed it up fam. Nice Tracks. I just wrote a blog post on this very thing today!
Tired of the same sounding beats? get unique,original beats

I'm trying to be as well rounded musically as I can. There are 10 million trap producers. More supply than demand lol! Try something else!!!
you coming with some fire my dood. Sometimes i feel you try too much to sound like timbo and you even acknowlege that by your title but its good. Mix is tight. Some of the tracks make me feel wierd which is not bad. Kinda too busy to rap on not bad though. I could see kelly rowland on it. Have some restraint though some time you sound a little disjointed.
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by recknotechno View Post
it may sound like crap but it isn't repetitive and its the most popular genre in the world. They use the same instruments.
edm not repetitive? LOL...

but yea sorry it's not allowed to feed the trolls, I have to leave.
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

Thanks for the input fam! You flow?
Hobbs_Won
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Hobbs_Won

obvious troll is obvious
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
rap still sounds mediocre...monotous...cranked out. I was having a conversation about this with a friend of mine 6 years ago during the advent of computer music and he assured me that computers would take out the monoteny. But beats still sound cranked out. I know what you are going to say...they leave room for the vocals. I don't think so. Electro producers have vocals sometimes and it don't sound cranked. Why is that?
because it's apples and oranges.
listen to some bomb squad.

and btw... computers will never take out or put anything into music.
recknotechno
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

i don't really like bomb squad
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear maniac

If u dont make beats on hardware ur a wanna be
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
i don't really like bomb squad
U dont have to like, but theres a lot to learn. A Lot of classic material was inspired by bomb squad productions....not to mention created by as well.....Hank Shocklee is a Monster....he was doin BBD beats at the same time as Nation of Millions....ridiculous.....and without a PC!

Less is more!
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Banned

The reason rap/hip hop beats arent as complex as other genres is because the basis of this genre rests on primarily the vocal performance. I love house and trance bit most of the lyrics are very simple; a girl saying some generic shit.

They are different genres and both have their good songs and bad songs. It's all in preference. I love a Bmw m3 but i'm not gonna say its not good cause I cant go offroading with it and I can't haul my furniture in it. And I'm not going to complain about the Suv not going 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
everyone needs to quit comparing themselves to what someone else is doing. Just do what you like and quit complaining.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search