Mixing vocals with sample vocals
New Reply
Subscribe
Rightstar
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear Head

Mixing vocals with sample vocals

Hi People, the other night I quickly put an idea together, the problem I have is the main part is a vocal sample. My question is when the rapper goes over the beat what will be the best method for no clash

I tried to create a verse part for the rapper to breath but when I muted the main sample it did not sound right.

Anyway here is the link so you can get the idea, thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated.

Doors - [prod.by rightstar] - YouTube

Thank you @rightstar_m2m
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
E_V_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightstar View Post
Hi People, the other night I quickly put an idea together, the problem I have is the main part is a vocal sample. My question is when the rapper goes over the beat what will be the best method for no clash

I tried to create a verse part for the rapper to breath but when I muted the main sample it did not sound right.

Anyway here is the link so you can get the idea, thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated.

Thank you @rightstar_m2m
My $.02 but I would mix the vocal sample like a backing vocal...... or a bit 'thinner (more eq cut). Sort of like you do with two instruments in the same range.
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Banned

Man take that sh$t out of there. Find something else to fill the middle of the arrangement. It should sound fine without the vocal sample. What you are trying to do is extremely prone to becoming a cluttered mess.
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightstar View Post

Thank you @rightstar_m2m
i would probably put steep resonant hi-pass and lo-pass filters. I think thats what theyre called, when they have a pointy little boosts around the cutoff "wall". To get that trippy telephone sound. Im obviously self taught lol.

Maybe also 1176 plug in with super high ratio. And then maybe some phaser or flanger.

Sent from my Droid
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Lives for gear

I d dip 2k all the way down on the sample.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search