Official Boi1da Kit Vol. 2
New Reply
Subscribe
King Of World
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear maniac

Official Boi1da Kit Vol. 2

Thought I'd share this since nobody on here has. Boi1da came through and blessed us with the best christmas present ever; the vol. 2 to his official drum kit. The first one started a lot of careers so ya...I'd check it out if you haven't.

The kit contains sounds he used to craft hit singles, such as “Headlines” by Drake, “Trust” by Nas, “Not Afraid” by Eminem, “All I know” by The Game, "Bill Gates" by Lil Wayne and more.

JazzFeezy & Boi-1da Present: The Boi-1da Sound Kit Vol. 2 | Boi-1da.net
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to B.A.S.E
The first kit had some pretty good stuff so definitely checking this one out.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
I downloaded it a few days ago but still haven't tried it yet. The original pack had a ton of clipped samples. I expect to have them here too
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

if I remember correctly the last 1 he released the files were clipping like 80% of the time. That being said if anyone DL's this and hears some good percussion (as in unique, non-808's) post ITT because I can never have enough.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

bout to check it now. thanks
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear nut

why does everybody rave about these kits when all the kickdrums are distorted and in the red?and what did they do to them to make them sound good in the official releases
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

because they work ?

The clipping is not always that annoying...
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
I downloaded it a few days ago but still haven't tried it yet. The original pack had a ton of clipped samples. I expect to have them here too
I remember reading somewhere he said he doesn't fear distortion.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
what a brave man!

lol

is there a difference between distortion and clipping? Or is clipping essentially distortion?? I use distortion on a lot of things, but it's usually either subtle and smooth or overtly harsh (on purpose). Never clipping though...

updates on this pack anyways?
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
I've heard that more than once. Heard Just Blaze say it too which goes back to if it sounds good it is good and I believe that works for a mixed record but not a source sound. It doesn't give enough flexibility at least not for me and how I want to work but I'll let a drum sound go into the red if it sounds the way I want it to sound sure just not at the source. That's my beef with his kit the source doesn't leave much room for changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
what a brave man!

lol

is there a difference between distortion and clipping? Or is clipping essentially distortion?? I use distortion on a lot of things, but it's usually either subtle and smooth or overtly harsh (on purpose). Never clipping though...

updates on this pack anyways?
Digitial clipping is a form of distortion so yes but not all distortion is bad. People love distortion on guitars for example.
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear addict

I've made a few beats using his last kit. The distortion wasn't much of a problem. When you add other elements it sort of masked it.
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear maniac

Any nerd complaining about a sound barely clipping needs to stop actin like a ungrateful ho. Like for real... it's not ALL about that it's a bout the sonics and how it sounds in the real world in the end and how ur music makes ppl feel when the hear it...aint no average music listener concerned w a sound that was clipping, matter fact even avid listeners dnt care if it sounds dope. These are sounds used to make the biggest hits from Drake, Lil Wayne to Eminem.....the clipping is so easily fixed w a simple adjusting of a knob or even adding a compressor for that matter its ******** that u even brought it up.. and FYI I know a shitload of "big name" producers who used and still use his first kit and who used it in songs that started their careers.

Sidebar - heres the video where he says he don't give a damn about drums distorting lol Boi1Da Showcase - YouTube
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of World View Post
snip
....no need to get so emotional over it.

Some people, I know this may sound strange - have different tastes - just because you don't care if your music is clipping doesn't mean other people don't care either. I don't like clipping - sounds like complete shit to me. Some people also aren't concerned with imitating what happens to be on the billboard charts.

Thanks for the share though I'm sure people will find it helpful in their productions.

31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any nerd complaining about a sound barely clipping needs to stop actin like a ungrateful ho. Like for real... it's not ALL about that it's a bout the sonics and how it sounds in the real world in the end and how ur music makes ppl feel when the hear it...aint no average music listener concerned w a sound that was clipping, matter fact even avid listeners dnt care if it sounds dope. These are sounds used to make the biggest hits from Drake, Lil Wayne to Eminem.....the clipping is so easily fixed w a simple adjusting of a knob or even adding a compressor for that matter its ******** that u even brought it up.. and FYI I know a shitload of "big name" producers who used and still use his first kit and who used it in songs that started their careers.

Sidebar - heres the video where he says he don't give a damn about drums distorting lol Boi1Da Showcase - YouTube
Actually you can't fix clipping once it is part of the sound. You can turn it down but all you are doing is turning down a everything, the sound is already clipped. Volume or compression doesn't effect clipping.
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks for sharing OP
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:
Any nerd complaining about a sound barely clipping needs to stop actin like a ungrateful ho.
lmfao because people don't already have enough drum kits. Its not like free kits are out there in abundance I think we have the right to be picky.
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Banned

best free kit i've heard without a doubt.
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
Lives for gear

within a millisecond of being a fraction too late.
King Of World
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
lmfao because people don't already have enough drum kits. Its not like free kits are out there in abundance I think we have the right to be picky.
Yea.. you just proved exactly why you should NOT be picky when it comes to an artist of the caliber of Boi1da releasing the sounds he's used to make millions of dollars/sales for FREE. In the over saturated generation of the internet where 9/10 of the kits are straight trash on the internet, I'm grateful and get mad excited when I find a kit up to my standards cuz I am picky too. To each his own.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear interested

His first kit was really amazing. I'm sure his second won't be disappointing at all. This is not some shady company trying to sell something on the net. This is a real producer with a real intention.

www.BeatmakerTutorials.com
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

kind of disappointed
Boi-1da is that dude for real but these all sound like typical 808s lol

Thanks for the gift wonda!
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:
Yea.. you just proved exactly why you should NOT be picky when it comes to an artist of the caliber of Boi1da releasing the sounds he's used to make millions of dollars/sales for FREE. In the over saturated generation of the internet where 9/10 of the kits are straight trash on the internet, I'm grateful and get mad excited when I find a kit up to my standards cuz I am picky too. To each his own.
why get excited for boi1da's left overs? the drums didn't sound like this when he made the track so its just going to get reprocessed over the new song and generationed again with the distortion in it. My personal feeling is forget free kits in the first place and buy something of quality in the first place. He's a dope producer but free or not these are still his left overs from songs he produced. If he gave us the separate layers he used for these drums my feelings might be different but those are probably clipped to high hell too.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

You can honestly make music with everything clipped or not... In electro some of the drums that are used can be even way more clipping than this. This is just mild and gets masked easily.

In any case, used to be advocate of purity in everything, but I realized that in hiphop, even dirty works at times.. so if there is a little bit of clipping but the feel is there.. I don't care.

Some other records might require clean, unprocessed drums, or I might want to go from scratch..

But as far as I am concerned, I myself clip my drums quite a often (not as much as he does though) so I don't really mind. Drums have already been put to good use.

And to answer the question posted before, this kit is similar to his first one. Although I found that the first pack was more useable but it had also more sounds in it.

I don't mind left overs, people have been using left over breaks and drums in the open for I dunno how much time. It's consistency lol.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
why get excited for boi1da's left overs? the drums didn't sound like this when he made the track so its just going to get reprocessed over the new song and generationed again with the distortion in it. My personal feeling is forget free kits in the first place and buy something of quality in the first place. He's a dope producer but free or not these are still his left overs from songs he produced. If he gave us the separate layers he used for these drums my feelings might be different but those are probably clipped to high hell too.
The kit has useable drums for me. And the drum layers are separated.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
What paid kits would you recommend then? I bought !llmind's blap kit vol2 recently and Im not sure if something is better when You pay for it. Latelty I found my favourite kick in SHD free drumkit.
King Of World
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
k this is the last time I'm gna respond, cuz it's not worth arguing. he did give all the layers to the drums, as he did in the last one too.............and they are exactly how they sound in each song including the million $$ hits. it's funny how you call them "leftovers"... welcome to hip hop bud, this is a genre that originated and thrives off of "leftovers" from samples.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

the kiks in the first kit sucked some serious ass...I dont care about boi1da and how many hits he done with those shit sounds...I have nothing against him and I wish him the best but his sounds sucked...I m not even checking that pack.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel View Post
the kiks in the first kit sucked some serious ass...I dont care about boi1da and how many hits he done with those shit sounds...I have nothing against him and I wish him the best but his sounds sucked...I m not even checking that pack.
kool bruh. no1currr
King Of World
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
Thanks for sharing OP
np
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmano View Post
What paid kits would you recommend then? I bought !llmind's blap kit vol2 recently and Im not sure if something is better when You pay for it. Latelty I found my favourite kick in SHD free drumkit.
Honestly my favorite drums aren't one shot kits in general. I use Addictive Drums a lot. I like Illmind's kits. Gold Baby's Urban Cookbook, Khyrsis' kit is dope, sounds in hd, croup kits, I have more but those are the only ones I really mess with and 90% of what I have been doing in the past couple years have been multisampled kits. Addictive Drums, Disco School for Reason, Reason Drum Kits, ect
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search