I need help creating sounds.
New Reply
Subscribe
kizzybeatz
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear maniac

I need help creating sounds.

Okay so I am seriously tired of using presets and I wanna start creating my own sounds. (Mostly arps,leads and pads.) The vst's that I mostly use are Slyenth 85% of the time and stuff from komplete 8 and i also have omnisphere. Thes plugins have a shit load of presets but i wanna make my own sounds so... i was wondering of there were any good tutorials. I checked alot on youtube and also if u know a vst that has more creation options please say so.

Thanks alot guys

~Kizzy~

Sent from my LG-P705g
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzybeatz View Post
Okay so I am seriously tired of using presets and I wanna start creating my own sounds. (Mostly arps,leads and pads.) The vst's that I mostly use are Slyenth 85% of the time and stuff from komplete 8 and i also have omnisphere. Thes plugins have a shit load of presets but i wanna make my own sounds so... i was wondering of there were any good tutorials. I checked alot on youtube and also if u know a vst that has more creation options please say so.

Thanks alot guys

~Kizzy~

Sent from my LG-P705g

Zebra 2 is best for designing your own sounds. Its gonna take some time to learn it but the quality of the sound and the satisfaction of making your own sounds is worth it.
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
Zebra 2 is best for designing your own sounds. Its gonna take some time to learn it but the quality of the sound and the satisfaction of making your own sounds is worth it.
Thanks ill check it out.

Sent from my LG-P705g
kizzybeatz
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear maniac

Yo zebra takes a shit load of cpu..

Sent from my LG-P705g
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
Why? I would argue that there is no best synth to make sounds on personally and to learn how to make sounds on the stuff he has. Massive and Sylenth are great tools for making sounds on. Sylenth is a power house and could very easily be your everything synth for making sounds.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest

kizzybeatz
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Why? I would argue that there is no best synth to make sounds on personally and to learn how to make sounds on the stuff he has. Massive and Sylenth are great tools for making sounds on. Sylenth is a power house and could very easily be your everything synth for making sounds.
Thanks haha i personaly love sylenth and could not live without it. Ill check the vids u posted tmrw when i get up.

Sent from my LG-P705g
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Yo zebra takes a shit load of cpu..

Sent from my LG-P705g
Not on mine. Maybe you shoudl change the number of voices?
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
I know Diva is like Zebra. And some patches on Diva (especially those with long reverb tails or pad sounds) will overload my CPU. 8 core mac pro.

Pretty crazy.
I just had four instances of Zebra open and didn't even break 300 mb of memory. I won't say it wont take a lot if your demanding a lot. But for general sound design that shouldn't be an issue, seeing that its capable of so much with just one osc. Diva.. I know shes a beast I'm waiting until I upgrade for her
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:
Thanks haha i personaly love sylenth and could not live without it. Ill check the vids u posted tmrw when i get up.

Sent from my LG-P705g
I have to admit I only bought Sylenth to do tutorials for it once I learned it on YouTube. Then I realized that A) there are already 10,000 of them already out there and B) Sylenth is amazing for a VA synth and it is slowly becoming my most things synth. I bought Diva the same say with the intention of it being my everything synth and I use Sylenth so much more.
kizzybeatz
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear maniac

Ive tried diva and i dont like it much and also maybe its cuz i was making a pad that it was killin my cpu lol.

Sent from my LG-P705g
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear maniac

Forget buying new synths. Read these tutorials here and you will have the knowledge to create any sound imaginable. Especially the Sound On Sound magazines "Synth Secrets" series.

Sound Synthesis Education // Synth.tk
kizzybeatz
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear maniac

Cool thanks alot!

Sent from my LG-P705g
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Quote:
Ive tried diva and i dont like it much and also maybe its cuz i was making a pad that it was killin my cpu lol.

Sent from my LG-P705g
yeah u have to have a really nice PC to run Diva. I agree with the guy who said you don't need a new synth to make sounds on the techniques haven't changed much since the 80s
kizzybeatz
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear maniac

Yea i agree gonna learn zebra a lil and imma try to learn sylenth inside out.

Sent from my LG-P705g
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search