Is it worthwhile to get a professional soundclick page made?
Old 28th December 2012
  #1
Gear maniac
 

Thread Starter
Is it worthwhile to get a professional soundclick page made?

Wanna start attempting to sell beats on soundclick and i'm wondering if it's worth it to pay someone to create a fancy page for me

Or just create a free page myself?
Old 28th December 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 

worth it if you want a little extra side cash, but I would recommend getting your own website built.
Old 28th December 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 
drethe5th's Avatar
 

every professional, properly used promotional tool is a good thing.

Go for it, however find a good price that makes sense. Having a $500 design isnt worth it, if over a few months you dont have clients or make profit.

Getting your own website is important too. Its a seperate identity controller by you. You can have it built to integrate to your social network sites as well.

Posted via mobile device.
Old 28th December 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 
CJ Mastering's Avatar
 

Sure, but having your own domain on your own website is even better. but if you already have that, then the soundclick page is just icing on the cake

CJ
Old 28th December 2012
  #5
Gear addict
 
d1rdyd's Avatar
 

I would suggest soundcloud
Old 29th December 2012
  #6
www.KevWestBeats.com
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
I would suggest soundcloud
why not both?
Old 29th December 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
raffael77's Avatar
 

Try bandcamp
Old 29th December 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 
JC Biffro's Avatar
 

Definitely.
Old 29th December 2012
  #9
Gear addict
 
d1rdyd's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
why not both?
Soundcloud has completely over shadowed soundclick in ALL aspects IMO. The layout is so neat
Old 29th December 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Tommycash's Avatar
 

If i were u, I would get a webpage done by a professional and then do the soundclick/soundcloud myself
Old 30th December 2012
  #11
www.KevWestBeats.com
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
Soundcloud has completely over shadowed soundclick in ALL aspects IMO. The layout is so neat
again why not both? Having a soundcloud doesn't disqualify or even hurt you from having a Soundclick lol.
Old 30th December 2012
  #12
Gear addict
 
d1rdyd's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
again why not both? Having a soundcloud doesn't disqualify or even hurt you from having a Soundclick lol.
True I have both as well. Soundcloud just seems to bring more customers and have a better user experience
Old 11th January 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 

i have soundcloud and i plan to do soundclick. from there i hope to bring customers/fans and use my site to feed off the new fans. joining a site with tons of people already on it helps instead of getting almost no one to your brand new site.
Old 11th January 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

Create your own website, it's not as difficult, daunting or expensive as many people think.
Have an 'About Me' section, tell a story, be more than a beat in a typical and or boring layout.

By all means, link to your sound cloud account YouTube account, twitter even sound click and have them link back. Make it clear that the site is where you do business.

Be interesting..... soundcloud is a vanilla music hosting service that is about straight no frills music (and a bit of a circle jerk at times) but you can provide links in your profile to your website, twitter etc.

Sound click can be customized to the point were you're just another pretty soundclick page looking for that PayPal lease.

It's up to you and no one thing is going to guarantee success .... but I would rather have a well prepared, concise resume than thinking 'my music speaks for me" there are tens of thousands of brilliant and talented beat makers out there thinking the same thing. Never underestimate professionalism and where it can get you. It's one thing many people lack.
Old 11th January 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Create your own website, it's not as difficult, daunting or expensive as many people think.
Have an 'About Me' section, tell a story, be more than a beat in a typical and or boring layout.

By all means, link to your sound cloud account YouTube account, twitter even sound click and have them link back. Make it clear that the site is where you do business.

Be interesting..... soundcloud is a vanilla music hosting service that is about straight no frills music (and a bit of a circle jerk at times) but you can provide links in your profile to your website, twitter etc.

Sound click can be customized to the point were you're just another pretty soundclick page looking for that PayPal lease.

It's up to you and no one thing is going to guarantee success .... but I would rather have a well prepared, concise resume than thinking 'my music speaks for me" there are tens of thousands of brilliant and talented beat makers out there thinking the same thing. Never underestimate professionalism and where it can get you. It's one thing many people lack.
I say start with soundclick. Then use a zinsta player on your website. Using the zinsta player you can add tracks using a soundclick track id generating plays for soundclick while people are just listening on your site.
Old 11th January 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesp View Post
I say start with soundclick. Then use a zinsta player on your website. Using the zinsta player you can add tracks using a soundclick track id generating plays for soundclick while people are just listening on your site.
Good thinking. I can't say I'm one for having a cart on my website, but this is merely a personal preference and this could work for others. Zinsta looks well thought out.
Old 18th January 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
JC Biffro's Avatar
 

Some good tips in here.

Like others have said, I'd try and exhaust every possible channel available to you whether it be your own Website, as well as SoundClick, SoundCloud, BandCamp etc.
Old 18th January 2013
  #18
Gear maniac
 
grouchee's Avatar
 

Is it safe to assume before putting your music on here you get it copy written? I always hear a tag and people music which just identifies the producer but what are the measure everyone takes to secure thier beats?
Old 18th January 2013
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Bender412's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchee View Post
Is it safe to assume before putting your music on here you get it copy written? I always hear a tag and people music which just identifies the producer but what are the measure everyone takes to secure thier beats?
Its called "copyrighted," and yes I think it's a good idea to register a copyright for your music.
Old 18th January 2013
  #20
Gear interested
 

i didn't even know soundclick still existed
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Versatile255 / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
5
AlexLakis / Music Computers
4
kellyr52 / High end
8

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.