Any cubase users here?
Old 19th November 2012
Gear addict

Any cubase users here?

Just seeing if their any cubase users here? It's interesting that I don't see a lot of urban producers using it? I see fl studio, ren/maschine, Pro Tools or Logic. Was wondering how do you like it at this point? Anddo you feel steinberg has gotten better since yamaha bought them? Is their target audience you think film composers?
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

I have pro tools but use cubase. It is not marketed towards post (that's reserved for nuendo). I have worked a lot in pt over the years but I can go way faster in cubase and I prefer the workflow and organization options. All in all its a preference as to how you like to work and how your brain makes sense of data
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleys100 View Post
I have pro tools but use cubase. It is not marketed towards post (that's reserved for nuendo). I have worked a lot in pt over the years but I can go way faster in cubase and I prefer the workflow and organization options. All in all its a preference as to how you like to work and how your brain makes sense of data
+1 for same
actually my copy of PT was free (my friend finally decided that logic was better than PT in ever way and gave it to me on permanent borrow) ... I really tried to like it ... maybe I just need much much much more experience with it
Old 19th November 2012
Gear addict

Guess I'm an urban producer though I go from trap to ambient production in a heart beat. Been using Cubase since 3. I also use protools in pro sessions. Dabbled with just about every other daw and I like reaper and logic
Old 19th November 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopre View Post
Just seeing if their any cubase users here? It's interesting that I don't see a lot of urban producers using it? I see fl studio, ren/maschine, Pro Tools or Logic. Was wondering how do you like it at this point? Anddo you feel steinberg has gotten better since yamaha bought them? Is their target audience you think film composers?

I love Cubase been using it since Atari Days and always will.
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

it's always been my favorite and first choice of sequencers, though i think presonus' studio one is shaping up to be a really great competitor.
Old 19th November 2012
I've used Cubase since 2005 and I really like it. Right now I have 5.5 but I'm going to update to the 7 as soon as it comes out. I also use Ableton Live but mostly for live performance and djing. Live is also amazing program but I know Cubase in and out so I don't have to think I just do music. Also Cubase is much more versatile program and it has a lot of great features that Live doesn't have (and vice versa of course).
Old 19th November 2012
Gear interested

ive used cubase for about a year now and i love it, can somone please rate my mix linked below, i have a very low end vocal chain ( MXL v63m into mdx2600 comp. into presonus vsl 22) and i want to know what you guys think of my mix. this is over a two track instrumental.

http://soundcloud.com/truegrindstudios/slam-rought-mix-2
Old 20th November 2012
Deleted User #106149

Cubase since the VST32 Score days. So glad I didn't switch to Logic or PT full time when they were at their peak - - long long time ago!
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Owen View Post
I love Cubase been using it since Atari Days and always will.
What this man said.
i know it and love it! that said, i mix OTB
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search