Interesting snap/clap/snares...
New Reply
Subscribe
SWAN808
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Interesting snap/clap/snares...

Can anyone suggest a good sample pack for modern interesting claps/snaps sounds you might find on more experimental beats music?
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

add some delays,reverbs, filters to the ones you surely already have... try layering too... it can make the old sound new...
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear nut

18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

sample from interesting records
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good sample pack for modern interesting claps/snaps sounds you might find on more experimental beats music?
we live in a day and age where if you type in drum kit in this thing called google you could come up with thousands if not millions of different kits...also samp from tracks, tweak n make ur own.
KT1
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Swan ..in short no. The best beat music samples are off vinyl and then layered with noise and or other type of sounds. For those interesting samples you need to dig.
Or you could just bell me and head over sift through my hd. Hope all is.good buddy.

Sent from my HTC Desire S
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Saw this SWAN a while back on gearslutz
CLAP PACK DELUXE: ultimate claps sample library

PEACE

MORDICUS
KT1
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORDICUS View Post
Saw this SWAN a while back on gearslutz
CLAP PACK DELUXE: ultimate claps sample library

PEACE

MORDICUS
I dont think Swan is looking for a pack like this, although i may be wrong. I understand he is looking for the types of sounds that are used in 'BEAT music' a la Flylo / Lapalux etc. These sounds are interesting in that they have a texture - crackle/strange attacks /Found sound type vibes.

There are no packs for this! Well none i know of. That being said probably plenty to use within ones own sound design.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Gear addict

Just BE CREATIVE. Put the "experimental" part in experimental beat music.

Record stuff yourself. Be it on your laptop's mic, cellphone, camera, cheap dictaphone, whatever. Go around, find or make some interesting clatter, and layer that stuff. I do not understand this idea that percussion sounds can only come from a drum machine or a record or a sample pack. The cheapest of sound recorders can capture raw sounds fantastically. Just do some processing like EQ and compression, maybe some saturation, and you're good to go. Sooo much more gratifying, and really not difficult by any means.

This world where all sounds come from sample packs blows me away. Just about everyone with a computer and a recording program has more than enough tools to put together some wild and unique sounds, yet people want others to just make those sounds for them. I hope people are at least manipulating these sample packs.

I once made some location based beats where I went to a particular place, say a busy cross street, recorded about a minute's worth of audio on a shitty digital camera (just ripped the audio from the video), and then took sounds from that recording to create a drum kit. If there was a low boom, there's my kick. If there's a higher crack, there's my snare. Something even more high pitched, there's a hi hat. And so on. Feel free to even pitch stuff up and down. Do whatever you want, just keep experimenting.

Take this approach a step further by maybe layering that lower boom with a sub sound, or layer your snare-ish sound with an actual clap, whatever, and there you have some unique sounds to be proud of. Really not hard to do. Maybe it'll turn out you have sounds interesting enough for others to want to rip them for a sample pack.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search