Login / Register

How to make these vocals sit in this mix..HELP!!
New Reply
Subscribe
iAmJaidon
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

How to make these vocals sit in this mix..HELP!!

thanks guys im gonna try some of these teqhniques!
iAmJaidon
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

hmm nothin?? i thought it would at least be some typical comments that arent aimed at helping my situation by now lol..
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to B.A.S.E
What are you not sure about your mix ? What you are not sure about is usually what is problematic...

I will let you know what I think the problems are afterwards.
iAmJaidon
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

feel the vocals arent sitting quite right... there either to over the top of the mix or if i turn them down there not quite in there enough
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

If you have the waves v-comp slap that on it..if you UAD you can try the UAD precision limiter...gentle acoustic setting something similar. If you have the new UAD shadow hills comp that can help give some heft and eveness.
L.
iAmJaidon
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo View Post
If you have the waves v-comp slap that on it..if you UAD you can try the UAD precision limiter...gentle acoustic setting something similar. If you have the new UAD shadow hills comp that can help give some heft and eveness.
L.
thanks i'll try that v-comp any particualr settings i should try?
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to B.A.S.E
Ok as far as I am concerned, you might have highpassed your vocals too sharply... and/or boosted the high frequencies a bit too much..

Have some kind of high freq buildup...

It is fighting for space with your brass, a bit of your snare, the bell (or it's delay) and a few synths...
If you highpass a little less your vocals, it might bring them a little more forward. (but then again, depends how much space you have in the lower part of the spectrum)

I would say that you were 90% there.. it's just that you have a lot of things going in that track (which is quite nice btw). .
iAmJaidon
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.S.E View Post
Ok as far as I am concerned, you might have highpassed your vocals too sharply... and/or boosted the high frequencies a bit too much..

Have some kind of high freq buildup...

It is fighting for space with your brass, a bit of your snare, the bell (or it's delay) and a few synths...
If you highpass a little less your vocals, it might bring them a little more forward. (but then again, depends how much space you have in the lower part of the spectrum)

I would say that you were 90% there.. it's just that you have a lot of things going in that track (which is quite nice btw). .
Thanks bro preciate that... ok so maybe i should cut sum of the high freq in the brass and synths or the vocals... imma try all of it and see where it goes
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear nut

I would grab an equalizer and tweak the mids until you get a tighter balance, also try a de-esser technique for presence control. maybe that helps, don't need to compress things that much to make em sit right.

If you can't get a de-esser to work in the 1.7k to 4 k area...then do a side chain de-esser thing...over emphasizing that area in duplicated track going to the sidechain bus.

hope that helps. Good luck
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search