Login / Register

The OFFICIAL Akai MPC Renaissance Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Gear interested

well on akai forums JAH brags about being on the Akai MPC Ren Quality Assurance/Testing team.

Coupled with the fact that he got his first REN for FREE for beta testing

Then one could easily assume he has indded been PAID in kind....unless you pay to be a beta tester JAH? Did you buy the prototype REN from akai?
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Gear interested

interesting you omitting that you have yourself been called out quite a few times for spreading mistruths about the NI product

You cant have it both ways JAH

You work for akai, even though as you say you are not an Employee or receive a Salary.

To be honest. most of any trollism you encounter, you bring upon yourself
Hobbs_Won
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma View Post
Hi MPC stut'z, there is something i don't really get about the "vintage mode" :
In the manual:

"Click on the VINTAGE MODE button of your MPC Renaissance to toggle between the different audio quality emulations. This works only if the MPC Renaissance is set up as the audio output in the Preferences. You can choose to emulate the particular sonic qualities of the MPC3000, the MPC60, Other and of course no emulation (no LED will be lit)".

Doest it mean no vintage mode using my main audio interface?
Does it mean the vintage mode is applied just before the D/A conversion of the MPC main out, not in the DAW?
If yes, let's say i use 2 computers, one dedicated to the MPC so i use the MPC sound card.
I've finished a track, and i'm willing to mix the track so want to bounce 8 tracks from my MPC renaissance (kick, hat...) with the " MPC60 vintage mode", how do i do that with only 2 analog outs??

Cheers

Isma
lol none of the vintage mode questions will be answered....

any of the questions would be consumers find important about the Ren get trivialized by the corporate shills here.

Also, on the MPC forums...it still gets trivialized. At one point any thread asking about vintage mode was getting locked.

Guys like Jahrome have been reduced to rhetoric such as (to paraphrase) - "I don't think Vintage Mode is important....let's talk about workflow"....

So, how can you call yourself a supporter of a certain product when you want to cherry pick discussion on it's features???
Hobbs_Won
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma View Post
Hi MPC stut'z, there is something i don't really get about the "vintage mode" :
In the manual:

"Click on the VINTAGE MODE button of your MPC Renaissance to toggle between the different audio quality emulations. This works only if the MPC Renaissance is set up as the audio output in the Preferences. You can choose to emulate the particular sonic qualities of the MPC3000, the MPC60, Other and of course no emulation (no LED will be lit)".

Doest it mean no vintage mode using my main audio interface?
Does it mean the vintage mode is applied just before the D/A conversion of the MPC main out, not in the DAW?
If yes, let's say i use 2 computers, one dedicated to the MPC so i use the MPC sound card.
I've finished a track, and i'm willing to mix the track so want to bounce 8 tracks from my MPC renaissance (kick, hat...) with the " MPC60 vintage mode", how do i do that with only 2 analog outs??

Cheers

Isma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
I never participate in any thread related to how something sounds. Those topics are too subjective.

I am always willing to talk about workflow.
Doesn't look like he is asking how it sounds at all, to me...

Sounds like he is asking pretty detailed issues on how it is implemented.
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.
Said by you on mpc forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH
He is just upset because forum members are reporting their issues here and I am helping them out. He'll have to get use to it. :nod:

Gertrude, I am on the Akai MPC Ren Quality Assurance/Testing team. If you need some help with your Ren, I will even make time to help you out.
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs_Won View Post
Doesn't look like he is asking how it sounds at all, to me...

Sounds like he is asking pretty detailed issues on how it is implemented.
True, i don't really understand the implementation, especially for recording..
Will i need to use the ren stereo out? if yes it means that i can't bounce 8 tracks simultaneously with the vintage mode.
The main reasons i'm looking at the Renaissance are the MPC swing and the possibility to get a 12bit sounding box (with the vintage mode) together with the software/computer advantages.

If the vintage mode is that limited, i'll just go for an old MPC 60 with the scsi option...
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

I'm not confused. To me your interests lie in the company you are affiliated with Akai. That's cool with me. But you at times are seemingly vague about your relationship with Akai. The reason I quoted you and left it at that was because seemed to be the most definitive answer from you i have seen. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion out of nowhere that I was confused.
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Gear maniac

There's a thin line between working for a company and working on a company's behalf. If you perform a task for the company and received goods or cash as compensation in return or as a result you have worked for the company - even if you are not a permanent employee.
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Is it possible to resample a pad through external gear?
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
We are cool. I just have to quickly address untruths as we have certain individuals who frequent these threads to spread mis-information (some of them have already been warned by Forum moderators). Unlike them, I use my time in the forums to assist other forum members/MPC users. We have plenty of forum members that provide the same type of assistance/support for their favorite products. It spite of the assistance some of use provide, we have to fight off trolls whose sole purpose is to disrupt these threads in any way they can.

You have every right to feel the way you want about Akai and choose the best product for your music production.
respect, thanks
Dor
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
Is it possible to resample a pad through external gear?

Yes. You can play samples on the pads, with the analog outs routing thru external gear, feeding back into the Ren while in sample record mode.

D

Follow me @boomspot
Hobbs_Won
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Yes. You can play samples on the pads, with the analog outs routing thru external gear, feeding back into the Ren while in sample record mode.

D
so you can only do it in sample record mode?
Dor
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
so you can only do it in sample record mode?
I don't believe the Ren has direct record mode. Is this what you are asking?

D
Hobbs_Won
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
I don't believe the Ren has direct record mode. Is this what you are asking?

D
yes, sorry lol
Dor
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
yes, sorry lol
All good. I haven't really done a ton of sampling into the Ren so my workflow isn't down in that regard. I'll spend some time this week sampling some stuff into it directly from the SP, 3k and tables. Will be interesting to see what kind of headroom we're dealing with.

D
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

D
Thanks a lot.
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Head

Hello,
is it possible to craete Multisample Instruments with the MPC-R ?
So that we can create polyphon playable instruments as it is possiblw with
Maschine?

How about Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation, e.g if I add a VST insert effect on one Pad which has a high latency, will all other sounds be shifted ?

Thank you for your time !
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daslicht View Post
Hello,
is it possible to craete Multisample Instruments with the MPC-R ?
So that we can create polyphon playable instruments as it is possiblw with
Maschine?

How about Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation, e.g if I add a VST insert effect on one Pad which has a high latency, will all other sounds be shifted ?

Thank you for your time !
Why do you care if the REN can do all this? If you have NI-M doing things like back flipping, making you coffee while doing 10 billion things use that make music and $ be happy.
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

What if there are things he can't accomplish in other products and things he likes. He's possibly on the fence about switching but needs to make sure he doesn't leave behind some features?
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Head

Ah this thread....how it has grown...and become what I thought it would become.

To answer the question regarding the vintage mode implementation, in order to get the vintage mode sound on your separate tracks, you'd have to track them in the way you would a traditional MPC. It's not possible to export multitracks with the vintage imprinted on them, unless you do some sort of recording your samples coming out of the MPC Ren's main outs and back into the inputs using the vintage mode to capture what it does to said samples.
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAKEMADBEATS View Post
Ah this thread....how it has grown...and become what I thought it would become.

To answer the question regarding the vintage mode implementation, in order to get the vintage mode sound on your separate tracks, you'd have to track them in the way you would a traditional MPC. It's not possible to export multitracks with the vintage imprinted on them, unless you do some sort of recording your samples coming out of the MPC Ren's main outs and back into the inputs using the vintage mode to capture what it does to said samples.
I'll probably just go for an MPC 60 then...

Thanx a lot for your answer,

8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
Why do you care if the REN can do all this? If you have NI-M doing things like back flipping, making you coffee while doing 10 billion things use that make music and $ be happy.
what a useless answer...

I don't have Maschine but I've tried it intensively some weeks.

Anyone who own a MPC-R like to answer my questions, please.
Hobbs_Won
8th October 2012
Old 8th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

So....

3 more stores (2 Sam Ash and 1 GC)

None have floor models of the AKAI Ren.... and the Edison, NJ Sam Ash has confirmed they will be putting a floor model out but not initially. The rep says he will demo it for me WITHOUT the software. Like anybody cares...

They do have the Maschine MKII out already though...

Is this something that can possibly be coming down from AKAI?? Because it's really starting to look like they are targeting the MPC niche who don't mind being paid beta testers and really don't care much about anyone outside that target.

If you search around YouTube you will see a few videos that have very mixed reviews. The bugs and crashes are almost common knowledge by now. How can somebody like Jahrome blatantly deny this?
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daslicht View Post
what a useless answer...

I don't have Maschine but I've tried it intensively some weeks.

Anyone who own a MPC-R like to answer my questions, please.

I do have a REN LOL I heard about this bugs, that bug, it has this that, done have this that but you know what i got it anyways. If you need to know about the REN get one simple because if they have what you want in it they might not have implement it the way you want. I can tell you this if you are use to a MPC 4000 you will get along with the REN easy.
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
What if there are things he can't accomplish in other products and things he likes. He's possibly on the fence about switching but needs to make sure he doesn't leave behind some features?

LOL I make hands onn decision can't relate to someone on a forum tell me to buy anything. Imagine if i did, i would not have the REN now would i? the forums members are saying i am not getting the REN is bug central. What can i say! i am banging out tracks daily and the REN paid for it self with in two day of buying it.
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

if any piece of gear is going to inspire you for whatever reason to get behind it and put the work in I feel that should be the most important thing to consider. I'm on maschine myself but have used so much gear over the years I know at the end of the day It's ones own vision, inspiration, and journey that make the music. Just like when clients see protools and are confident due to thinking that it's the best for whatever reason, the mpc name has the same legitimacy that inspires the same trust and that is something tangible on a psychological level that you can't dismiss.
Hobbs_Won
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Would you stop your madness and blatantly misleading people.

The MPC Forums has a OS 1.0 bug thread...and you know this. I validated or rejected nearly every issue reported in that thread. Not only that...I help MPC Ren users daily on how to operate it and answer questions. As an MPC user, this is my purpose.

You on the other have spent the past 9+ months hating on this product. It's as if this is your mission in life. If you are not interested in the Ren, have doubts about Akai, or any other negative view...then don't buy it and leave the thread to those that are interested. I can't believe you are pissed off that the Ren is the most sought after new product and forum members enjoy using it. Since acquiring the Ren, I used my other MPCs and Maschine a lot less.
Why are none of the major chains putting it on the floor??

Seriously...10 stores....and counting..

Yes or no question....is this possibly something that is coming down from AKAI?

It's one thing to say "If you don't want it...leave it alone"

But now you are saying "if you have doubts about it...leave it alone"

WTF?? LOL is that how a company stands behind their product?

Even if you aren't on their payroll...you have made yourself an extension of their marketing whether you agree with it or not.
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
I do have a REN LOL I heard about this bugs, that bug, it has this that, done have this that but you know what i got it anyways. If you need to know about the REN get one simple because if they have what you want in it they might not have implement it the way you want. I can tell you this if you are use to a MPC 4000 you will get along with the REN easy.

Could you (or any other MPC-R beta tester) please forget your ego for a few seconds and simply answer my questions?
A)
is it possible to create Multisample Instruments with the MPC-R ?
So that we can create polyphon playable instruments?
Or is it at least possible to play one pad as instrument ?

B)
How about Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation?
e.g if I add a VST insert effect on one Pad which has a high latency,
will all other sounds be shifted ?
Peace
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Would you stop your madness and blatantly misleading people.

The MPC Forums has a OS 1.0 bug thread...and you know this. I validated or rejected nearly every issue reported in that thread. Not only that...I help MPC Ren users daily on how to operate it and answer questions. As an MPC user, this is my purpose.

You on the other have spent the past 9+ months hating on this product. It's as if this is your mission in life. If you are not interested in the Ren, have doubts about Akai, or any other negative view...then don't buy it and leave the thread to those that are interested. I can't believe you are pissed off that the Ren is the most sought after new product and forum members enjoy using it. Since acquiring the Ren, I used my other MPCs and Maschine a lot less.
And why did you quote me?
9th October 2012
Old 9th October 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
1. Yes. The MPC Ren has key group instrument programs. Each program has up to 128 key groups with 4 velocity layers per key group. When a Keygroup Program is assigned to a track, the 16 pads in Pad Banks A-H can be used to play the key group program. These programs can be polyphonic or monophonic.

2. There is no plugin delay compensation.
Thank you !
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search