The OFFICIAL Akai MPC Renaissance Thread
Old 6th October 2012
Banned

No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.

To keep this short..use whichever drum machine you like. I hear everything you said. But until there is another company that makes a better sampling drum machine...I am sticking with MPCs.
Old 6th October 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.

To keep this short..use whichever drum machine you like. I hear everything you said. But until there is another company that makes a better sampling drum machine...I am sticking with MPCs.

Maschine??

well i think they are equal
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am trying to stay away from the Ren vs currently sold competing products as these types of threads are the reason why only one MPC Ren thread is permitted in this forum.

However, the build quality of the Ren is really good. It was built to the spec of a hardware MPC not your average plastic controller. It is solid with a nice weight to it. It has the best feeling data wheel/encoder than any MPC released in the past decade.

The only thing I would have changed about the Ren are the height and the size of some buttons. In this aspect, the Ren is like a miniature MPC 3000. I would have opted for buttons the exact same size and feel of the 3000. This would most likely make the Ren a little larger though.
Funny you say that, I've never owned a 3k but used it plenty, I like the size of the buttons.
Old 6th October 2012
Gear addict

Hi MPC stut'z, there is something i don't really get about the "vintage mode" :
In the manual:

"Click on the VINTAGE MODE button of your MPC Renaissance to toggle between the different audio quality emulations. This works only if the MPC Renaissance is set up as the audio output in the Preferences. You can choose to emulate the particular sonic qualities of the MPC3000, the MPC60, Other and of course no emulation (no LED will be lit)".

Doest it mean no vintage mode using my main audio interface?
Does it mean the vintage mode is applied just before the D/A conversion of the MPC main out, not in the DAW?
If yes, let's say i use 2 computers, one dedicated to the MPC so i use the MPC sound card.
I've finished a track, and i'm willing to mix the track so want to bounce 8 tracks from my MPC renaissance (kick, hat...) with the " MPC60 vintage mode", how do i do that with only 2 analog outs??

Cheers

Isma
Old 6th October 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Anyone can go over to the MPC Forums to get honest feedback from 'actual' MPC Ren users
Well right now they're say it's buggy. Let's see what v1.1 brings.
Old 6th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Called 3 Guitar Centers 2 Sam Ash in NC today....

Sam Ash didn't even have them in stock...

Both Guitar Centers did and they will not put a floor model out.

The manager @ one of the Sam Ash said they absolutely will not be putting the a floor model for the Ren out once they DO stock it.

wtf?
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

Updated OS is essential obviously.Many bugs to sort out.Too many customers complaining id imagine.Has anyone got the time to troubleshoot gear nowadays?
Old 7th October 2012
Gear addict

[QUOTE=Jahrome;8331363]No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.

To keep this short..use whichever drum machine you like. I hear everything you said. But until there is another company that makes a better sampling drum machine...I am sticking with MPCs.[/QUOTE

I apologize i assumed by the amount of passion you put into answering questions and assistance on the Ren here and as you say other forums you worked for the company. i dont follow threads i simply was reading this one and added my input. My intelligence that you questioned wont allow akai to do this to me again, thats why myself and some other will wait. You sound genuine, i dont believe you are one of those guys defending an incomplete product to justify or feel better about your purchace as some folks are. Thanks for all your help and im sure akai thanks you too. I do believe there's light at the end of the tunnel for the Ren. I hope im not considered a troll because i have objections, I own a mpc 2000xl, 2500, 4000 and a s950 to go with my sp1200 so i cannot be a akai hater.
Old 7th October 2012
Gear interested

well on akai forums JAH brags about being on the Akai MPC Ren Quality Assurance/Testing team.

Coupled with the fact that he got his first REN for FREE for beta testing

Then one could easily assume he has indded been PAID in kind....unless you pay to be a beta tester JAH? Did you buy the prototype REN from akai?
Old 7th October 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano517
I apologize i assumed by the amount of passion you put into answering questions and assistance on the Ren here and as you say other forums you worked for the company.
We are cool. I just have to quickly address untruths as we have certain individuals who frequent these threads to spread mis-information (some of them have already been warned by Forum moderators). Unlike them, I use my time in the forums to assist other forum members/MPC users. We have plenty of forum members that provide the same type of assistance/support for their favorite products. It spite of the assistance some of use provide, we have to fight off trolls whose sole purpose is to disrupt these threads in any way they can.

You have every right to feel the way you want about Akai and choose the best product for your music production.
Old 7th October 2012
Gear interested

interesting you omitting that you have yourself been called out quite a few times for spreading mistruths about the NI product

You cant have it both ways JAH

You work for akai, even though as you say you are not an Employee or receive a Salary.

To be honest. most of any trollism you encounter, you bring upon yourself
Old 7th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma View Post
In the manual:

"Click on the VINTAGE MODE button of your MPC Renaissance to toggle between the different audio quality emulations. This works only if the MPC Renaissance is set up as the audio output in the Preferences. You can choose to emulate the particular sonic qualities of the MPC3000, the MPC60, Other and of course no emulation (no LED will be lit)".

Does it mean the vintage mode is applied just before the D/A conversion of the MPC main out, not in the DAW?
If yes, let's say i use 2 computers, one dedicated to the MPC so i use the MPC sound card.
I've finished a track, and i'm willing to mix the track so want to bounce 8 tracks from my MPC renaissance (kick, hat...) with the " MPC60 vintage mode", how do i do that with only 2 analog outs??

Cheers

Isma
lol none of the vintage mode questions will be answered....

any of the questions would be consumers find important about the Ren get trivialized by the corporate shills here.

Also, on the MPC forums...it still gets trivialized. At one point any thread asking about vintage mode was getting locked.

Guys like Jahrome have been reduced to rhetoric such as (to paraphrase) - "I don't think Vintage Mode is important....let's talk about workflow"....

So, how can you call yourself a supporter of a certain product when you want to cherry pick discussion on it's features???
Old 7th October 2012
Banned

I never participate in any thread related to how something sounds. Those topics are too subjective.

I am always willing to talk about workflow.
Old 7th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma View Post
In the manual:

Cheers

Isma
Quote:
I never participate in any thread related to how something sounds. Those topics are too subjective.

I am always willing to talk about workflow.
Doesn't look like he is asking how it sounds at all, to me...

Sounds like he is asking pretty detailed issues on how it is implemented.
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Said by you on mpc forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH
He is just upset because forum members are reporting their issues here and I am helping them out. He'll have to get use to it. :nod:

Gertrude, I am on the Akai MPC Ren Quality Assurance/Testing team. If you need some help with your Ren, I will even make time to help you out.
Old 7th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs_Won View Post
Doesn't look like he is asking how it sounds at all, to me...

Sounds like he is asking pretty detailed issues on how it is implemented.
True, i don't really understand the implementation, especially for recording..
Will i need to use the ren stereo out? if yes it means that i can't bounce 8 tracks simultaneously with the vintage mode.
The main reasons i'm looking at the Renaissance are the MPC swing and the possibility to get a 12bit sounding box (with the vintage mode) together with the software/computer advantages.

If the vintage mode is that limited, i'll just go for an old MPC 60 with the scsi option...
Old 7th October 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH
He is just upset because forum members are reporting their issues here and I am helping them out. He'll have to get use to it. :nod:

Gertrude, I am on the Akai MPC Ren Quality Assurance/Testing team. If you need some help with your Ren, I will even make time to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
Said by you on mpc forums

So where is the confusion?
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

I'm not confused. To me your interests lie in the company you are affiliated with Akai. That's cool with me. But you at times are seemingly vague about your relationship with Akai. The reason I quoted you and left it at that was because seemed to be the most definitive answer from you i have seen. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion out of nowhere that I was confused.
Old 7th October 2012
Gear maniac

There's a thin line between working for a company and working on a company's behalf. If you perform a task for the company and received goods or cash as compensation in return or as a result you have worked for the company - even if you are not a permanent employee.
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Is it possible to resample a pad through external gear?
Old 8th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
We are cool. I just have to quickly address untruths as we have certain individuals who frequent these threads to spread mis-information (some of them have already been warned by Forum moderators). Unlike them, I use my time in the forums to assist other forum members/MPC users. We have plenty of forum members that provide the same type of assistance/support for their favorite products. It spite of the assistance some of use provide, we have to fight off trolls whose sole purpose is to disrupt these threads in any way they can.

You have every right to feel the way you want about Akai and choose the best product for your music production.
respect, thanks
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
Is it possible to resample a pad through external gear?

Yes. You can play samples on the pads, with the analog outs routing thru external gear, feeding back into the Ren while in sample record mode.

D
Old 8th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Yes. You can play samples on the pads, with the analog outs routing thru external gear, feeding back into the Ren while in sample record mode.

D
so you can only do it in sample record mode?
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

Quote:
so you can only do it in sample record mode?
I don't believe the Ren has direct record mode. Is this what you are asking?

D
Old 8th October 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
I don't believe the Ren has direct record mode. Is this what you are asking?

D
yes, sorry lol
Old 8th October 2012
Dor
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes, sorry lol
All good. I haven't really done a ton of sampling into the Ren so my workflow isn't down in that regard. I'll spend some time this week sampling some stuff into it directly from the SP, 3k and tables. Will be interesting to see what kind of headroom we're dealing with.

D
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

D
Thanks a lot.
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Head

Hello,
is it possible to craete Multisample Instruments with the MPC-R ?
So that we can create polyphon playable instruments as it is possiblw with
Maschine?

How about Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation, e.g if I add a VST insert effect on one Pad which has a high latency, will all other sounds be shifted ?

Thank you for your time !
Old 8th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daslicht View Post
Hello,
is it possible to craete Multisample Instruments with the MPC-R ?
So that we can create polyphon playable instruments as it is possiblw with
Maschine?

How about Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation, e.g if I add a VST insert effect on one Pad which has a high latency, will all other sounds be shifted ?

Thank you for your time !
Why do you care if the REN can do all this? If you have NI-M doing things like back flipping, making you coffee while doing 10 billion things use that make music and $ be happy.
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

What if there are things he can't accomplish in other products and things he likes. He's possibly on the fence about switching but needs to make sure he doesn't leave behind some features?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search