Login / Register
 
The OFFICIAL Akai MPC Renaissance Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
#31
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #31
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
yeah I think I may be passing on the Ren for a while.
so far no PT integration and buggy.
kinda looks like the "first release blues" from everyone so far.
The bugs is not stoping me are anyone on youtube from banging out beats. Do people still use protools lol but if you need to just export the wav files. Bugs is just a part of life now so i just find ways around them and move onn.
__________________
The big boys use whatever is available to make money while some stand around talking about I can not use that is not PRO!
Dor
#32
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #32
Dor
Lives for gear
 
Dor's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,796
My Recordings/Credits

Dor is offline
Work is being done with the 1.0 release. Can't deny there are issues that need to be addressed in the forthcoming software update tho. I am looking fwd to PT integration (export as individual tracks is ok as a work around) and 3rd party VST/AU bug fixes & optimization.

D
__________________
Dor
www.boomspot.com

Follow me @boomspot
#33
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #33
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Work is being done with the 1.0 release. Can't deny there are issues that need to be addressed in the forthcoming software update tho. I am looking fwd to PT integration (export as individual tracks is ok as a work around) and 3rd party VST/AU bug fixes & optimization.

D
I agree with you but like you said work is being done and that what i got the REN for. The more nerdy things they put in the REN more problems will come with them. People have to realize they can't have it all like 5 thousand added features, 1 million filters, 2 million VST popping, 2 billion reverbs and so inn you get the point. Yes i understand you got some software that are more stable then some but it took a long time for that and in that time of instability people where using them.
#34
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #34
Gear addict
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 322

delano517 is offline
I will be giving akai about 9 months to a year to see how many updates they release before i make the purchase. they never supported the 2500 software updates properly so i really have to see if things changed. Sorry to say but companies with new products like this use early buyers as crash dummies. Im not surprised! All the beta testers couldnt see this?
#35
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #35
Gear addict
 
djloekee27's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 380

Send a message via AIM to djloekee27 Send a message via Yahoo to djloekee27
djloekee27 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by delano517 View Post
I will be giving akai about 9 months to a year to see how many updates they release before i make the purchase. they never supported the 2500 software updates properly so i really have to see if things changed. Sorry to say but companies with new products like this use early buyers as crash dummies. Im not surprised! All the beta testers couldnt see this?
I used to work for a Dell authorized reseller to government and educational offices only (former IBM executive); and the CEO of the company told me once that beta testers will never catch all the bugs because once you release the product, the end user will start using the product in ways that the beta testers never thought about during the beta testing stage.

I have heard many people tell me not to buy a product that is less than a year old. They have told me this from everything to when a car gets redesigned every 3 or 5 years to new versions of pc/mac software.

I too want to know if Akai will release a RTAS version. I have the VST to RTAS wrapper but people tell me that VSTs are not stable in the wrapper. I want to eliminate every possible scenario that I can that will cause Pro Tools to crash. Even if it means visiting America during my vacation so I can bring my custom built quadcore desktop back to Korea instead of using my Samsung dualcore laptop instead of using the money to go on vacation in S.E. Asia.
#36
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 645

DirtyMan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
First release blues are mostly coming from those that never touched the Ren. As far as the 2500...one of the best drum machines you can buy. The only product I would choose over an MPC 2500 would be another MPC.
People who spent hard earned money are complaining.
Akai has been less than stellar with software updates over the years. Fact.
the Ren has flaws that is also a fact now you denying them isn't helping.
I'm trying not to be a Dick but some of us want to see this product grow into something that deserves purchase and our criteria and expectations are not being met yet.
#37
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #37
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles ,Ca.
Posts: 10,367

RoundBadge is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
The bugs is not stoping me are anyone on youtube from banging out beats. Do people still use protools lol but if you need to just export the wav files. Bugs is just a part of life now so i just find ways around them and move onn.
I'm not exactly bangin out beats lol but doing sound design and need a stable version that works fluidly in Pro tools.
exporting/importing waves is time consuming and kills the workflow..especially when you have to do quick revisions for a tv show overnight.

gonna wait on this one.
#38
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #38
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
I'm not exactly bangin out beats lol but doing sound design and need a stable version that works fluidly in Pro tools.
exporting/importing waves is time consuming and kills the workflow..especially when you have to do quick revisions for a tv show overnight.

gonna wait on this one.
I feel you on that but sound design on a MPC? This is what i am talking about the MPC is not a nerd box it is a music production centre. I also do sound designing but would never you a MPC for that. I use ESX24 in logic-Pro you using protools Kontakt should be fine. Did you say protools lol the amount off bugs that thing have and you talking about MPC bugs lol.
#39
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
  #39
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
People who spent hard earned money are complaining.
Akai has been less than stellar with software updates over the years. Fact.
the Ren has flaws that is also a fact now you denying them isn't helping.
I'm trying not to be a Dick but some of us want to see this product grow into something that deserves purchase and our criteria and expectations are not being met yet.
All company move on to new hardware leaving bugs in them even NI.
#40
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #40
Lives for gear
 
halfguard's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: south fla
Posts: 1,212

halfguard is offline
Jahrome, is akai done making hardware mpc's? looks like the 1000 is all you can get. id love to get a 2500
#41
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #41
Gear maniac
 
E-Maddox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 261

E-Maddox is offline
Quote:
They are not complaining.
Oh yes they are.
#42
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #42
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 279

knobsmcgee is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
First release blues are mostly coming from those that never touched the Ren.
Multiple pages of bug reports and complaints from owners/forced beta testers at mpc forums says otherwise.
#43
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #43
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles ,Ca.
Posts: 10,367

RoundBadge is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
I feel you on that but sound design on a MPC? This is what i am talking about the MPC is not a nerd box it is a music production centre. I also do sound designing but would never you a MPC for that. I use ESX24 in logic-Pro you using protools Kontakt should be fine. Did you say protools lol the amount off bugs that thing have and you talking about MPC bugs lol.
Huh?
I've used mpc's for years.had many Akai samplers.
its just another tool in the arsenal for music production.
I'm running PT 10 HD and it's rock solid.
#44
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 645

DirtyMan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
All company move on to new hardware leaving bugs in them even NI.
It should be noted I am not comparing the Ren to other products in this thread. In my experience Akai is horrible worse than other companies with updates and I'm hoping they will be better with Ren but believe we have to be loud for this to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
I talk to Ren users every day. They are not complaining. They acknowledge short comings which is expected in V1.0 in any software product. You have obviously not use any new software based upon your comments. As it was already pointed out...Maschine 1.8 has bugs and this product as been out for 3 years. As I stated earlier, most forum members complaining about the Ren have never touched it to include most people in this thread and the NI Maschine thread....fact.

I have no idea what you are here for. But I am here for the advancement of the MPC line like I have been for the past 15 yrs. I have verified every single bug reported in the MPC Forums and sent them directly to developers. Not only have I acknowledge any issue, I have helped MPC Ren users on a daily basis to get around actual issues, clear up functions that were misunderstood, etc. You are disingenuous to imply otherwise.
People are complaining. Just because you say they are not doesn't make that true.
I have not used new software really? My computers ML as a os logic Live pt komplete 8 omnisphere trilian and a boat load of other current software with latest updates.
Why am I here. Because I am interested in Akais new products but will not make a purchase out of some sort of blind loyalty I need tools that work for me as they are and not me working for them. So I am trying to keep on top of developments and trying to make it know that there are mpc users that would like to see some changes/additions made so their needs are met and they can be a happy user and not a paying beta tester so to speak. That being said i don't expect perfect from version 1 software but there are some glaring commissions and peculiar issues that have kept me on the "wait to buy side of the fence"
Your defensiveness is laughable this is not your child its a tool box just like a ratchet set and if I bought a new craftsmen set that they chose to omit 10mm and 12mm sockets it would defiantly would not fit my needs and I'd be on a tool forum with the same position I have here.
Quote
1
#45
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #45
Gear addict
 
djloekee27's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 380

Send a message via AIM to djloekee27 Send a message via Yahoo to djloekee27
djloekee27 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
It should be noted I am not comparing the Ren to other products in this thread. In my experience Akai is horrible worse than other companies with updates and I'm hoping they will be better with Ren but believe we have to be loud for this to happen.

People are complaining. Just because you say they are not doesn't make that true.
I have not used new software really? My computers ML as a os logic Live pt komplete 8 omnisphere trilian and a boat load of other current software with latest updates.
Why am I here. Because I am interested in Akais new products but will not make a purchase out of some sort of blind loyalty I need tools that work for me as they are and not me working for them. So I am trying to keep on top of developments and trying to make it know that there are mpc users that would like to see some changes/additions made so their needs are met and they can be a happy user and not a paying beta tester so to speak. That being said i don't expect perfect from version 1 software but there are some glaring commissions and peculiar issues that have kept me on the "wait to buy side of the fence"
Your defensiveness is laughable this is not your child its a tool box just like a ratchet set and if I bought a new craftsmen set that they chose to omit 10mm and 12mm sockets it would defiantly would not fit my needs and I'd be on a tool forum with the same position I have here.
I agree. I really wanted a Tempest but I didn't like what I was seeing. Basically, I wanted a TR-808 but didn't want a 20-30 year old drum machine without midi. And the Tempest is more like my Virus KB than an TR-808. In other words easy to tweak drum sounds.

But the MPC Ren. looks like something that I would enjoy more than a Tempest. And this is coming from a guy who wanted a TR-808 and not a MPC 2000, 3000, 4000, 2500, ect. like other hip hop producers. But the MPC Ren. certainly changed my attitude towards AKAI and their MPC's.

But I also feel like Dirtyman when there are things missing that I want added like RTAS support which is a major thing that is missing from a major company such as AKAI. It's find to use the VST-RTAS wrapper for my other plugins but those are small boutique companies compared to AKAI.

As it is now, I have nothing to do drums on since I took Reason out of my workflow because I hate having to rewire it into Pro Tools. It was fine when I did everything in Reason but now that I have a Virus I want everything to work inside Pro Tools without using rewire. Something I am hoping the MPC Ren. would accomplish.

But it's this glaring ommission of RTAS support (or the new plugin format that replaces RTAS) that makes people think "Why AKAI?" Especially since they want the Ren. to be used in major studios which are already running Pro Tools. It's just that if Ren. won't work in my workflow than I might as well buy another hardware or software sampler since I don't like Structure Free; and the only other soft-sampler I like that I don't own yet is MOTU BPM.

But I would rather spend money on a software/hardware combo than a all software combo and I really am waiting on bugs to be fixed and RTAS support to be added.

And no I didn't think it would be bug free from the start. My custom built quadcore desktop has XP Pro on it still because Win7 had just came it and I wanted them to fix all bugs first (at give them a year to fix all the major bugs). Then I moved to Korea, left my desktop behind and bought a laptop that came with Win7.

So, I am like other people. I really want to buy the MPC Ren. but there are just some things that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on a MPC Ren. instead of a TR-808 or buying my friend's ASR-10 that he left with me when he moved back to the states (he told me it needs it's outputs replaced).
Quote
1
#46
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #46
Lives for gear
 
O'Ryan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 777

O'Ryan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by djloekee27 View Post
I agree. I really wanted a Tempest but I didn't like what I was seeing. Basically, I wanted a TR-808 but didn't want a 20-30 year old drum machine without midi. And the Tempest is more like my Virus KB than an TR-808. In other words easy to tweak drum sounds.

But the MPC Ren. looks like something that I would enjoy more than a Tempest. And this is coming from a guy who wanted a TR-808 and not a MPC 2000, 3000, 4000, 2500, ect. like other hip hop producers. But the MPC Ren. certainly changed my attitude towards AKAI and their MPC's.

But I also feel like Dirtyman when there are things missing that I want added like RTAS support which is a major thing that is missing from a major company such as AKAI. It's find to use the VST-RTAS wrapper for my other plugins but those are small boutique companies compared to AKAI.

As it is now, I have nothing to do drums on since I took Reason out of my workflow because I hate having to rewire it into Pro Tools. It was fine when I did everything in Reason but now that I have a Virus I want everything to work inside Pro Tools without using rewire. Something I am hoping the MPC Ren. would accomplish.

But it's this glaring ommission of RTAS support (or the new plugin format that replaces RTAS) that makes people think "Why AKAI?" Especially since they want the Ren. to be used in major studios which are already running Pro Tools. It's just that if Ren. won't work in my workflow than I might as well buy another hardware or software sampler since I don't like Structure Free; and the only other soft-sampler I like that I don't own yet is MOTU BPM.

But I would rather spend money on a software/hardware combo than a all software combo and I really am waiting on bugs to be fixed and RTAS support to be added.

And no I didn't think it would be bug free from the start. My custom built quadcore desktop has XP Pro on it still because Win7 had just came it and I wanted them to fix all bugs first (at give them a year to fix all the major bugs). Then I moved to Korea, left my desktop behind and bought a laptop that came with Win7.

So, I am like other people. I really want to buy the MPC Ren. but there are just some things that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on a MPC Ren. instead of a TR-808 or buying my friend's ASR-10 that he left with me when he moved back to the states (he told me it needs it's outputs replaced).
Honestly, Nothing should stop you from buying the Ren. Its solid machine that will get better. Yes, I do remember Akai lied to me and told me they were gonna constantly update the system, But this one seems like they're ready to compete. Half of the bugs out there are found by people who never really used an MPC. The other Half should even have made the software.

There are some simple functions that should have been a no brainer IE: Naming Prgms/Trks can only be done via software, But yet we were able to do so on legacy models with ease.

Trust me AKAI wont drop the ball on this one.
#47
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #47
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 645

DirtyMan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
Honestly, Nothing should stop you from buying the Ren. Its solid machine that will get better. Yes, I do remember Akai lied to me and told me they were gonna constantly update the system, But this one seems like they're ready to compete. Half of the bugs out there are found by people who never really used an MPC. The other Half should even have made the software.

There are some simple functions that should have been a no brainer IE: Naming Prgms/Trks can only be done via software, But yet we were able to do so on legacy models with ease.

Trust me AKAI wont drop the ball on this one.
No offense or disrespect intended but you realize you just basically said "Akai has a bad history with dropping support and the Ren has ommited features available in older mpcs people should buy this one now" Sorry but that's bad advice I think the best advice is. Don't buy a Ren untill it has matured into the device the purchaser wants.
"Half of the bugs out there are found by people who never really used an MPC" This will be a lot of potential user base people who liked the idea but needed computer integration. Many of the people I talk to using competitors Hardware/Software solutions never owned hardware and come from a "in the box" workflow and want to add the speed and ease of integration these new hybrid products. Their input shouldn't be dismissed because more and more us old people that used hardware "back in the day" are becoming less the norm. All that being said the new producers find some imaginative ways to do things sometimes things that couldn't be done on old legacy hardware and I can see them doing stuff a old mpc centric beta tester or user might not think of and some of these non conventional ways might bring out flaws a guy like myself would never notice but it could really be a buzzkill for them.
Quote
1
#48
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #48
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Wait lol for what? the new mac pro, the new UAD, the new Apogee, protools 11, logicPro X and so onn to be bug free or stable man! you will be waiting for ever. I get what you guys are saying but i am over that waiting game. I am using the REN and learning new things everyday yes it got bugs just like all my other equipments but i don't give a ****. I came to a realization that if i should wait i will never buy anything at all. Software and hardware will never be stable enough for me to feel confident about any company at all. Music to me now is work no love left all i see is the $ sign just like all these companies can't beet them join them.
#49
5th October 2012
Old 5th October 2012
  #49
Lives for gear
 
O'Ryan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 777

O'Ryan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
No offense or disrespect intended but you realize you just basically said "Akai has a bad history with dropping support and the Ren has ommited features available in older mpcs people should buy this one now" Sorry but that's bad advice I think the best advice is. Don't buy a Ren untill it has matured into the device the purchaser wants.
"Half of the bugs out there are found by people who never really used an MPC" This will be a lot of potential user base people who liked the idea but needed computer integration. Many of the people I talk to using competitors Hardware/Software solutions never owned hardware and come from a "in the box" workflow and want to add the speed and ease of integration these new hybrid products. Their input shouldn't be dismissed because more and more us old people that used hardware "back in the day" are becoming less the norm. All that being said the new producers find some imaginative ways to do things sometimes things that couldn't be done on old legacy hardware and I can see them doing stuff a old mpc centric beta tester or user might not think of and some of these non conventional ways might bring out flaws a guy like myself would never notice but it could really be a buzzkill for them.
Ok then, I guess wait.
#50
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #50
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: London
Posts: 163

kraznet is offline
Hi Jahrome,

How would you compare the build quality of the Ren vs Maschine? The Ren looks like a real solid peice of kit.

Regards
Kraznet
__________________
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials :
www.youtube.com/kraznet
Dor
#51
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #51
Dor
Lives for gear
 
Dor's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,796
My Recordings/Credits

Dor is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post
How would you compare the build quality of the Ren vs Maschine? The Ren looks like a real solid peice of kit.
There's no comparison in the build quality (i've only used Maschine v1). The Ren is as solid (or better than) as any mpc I've ever owned.

D
#52
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #52
Gear addict
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 305

TitaniumG is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
There's no comparison in the build quality (i've only used Maschine v1). The Ren is as solid (or better than) as any mpc I've ever owned.

D

+1
#53
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #53
Gear addict
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 322

delano517 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
Like-wise. Just because you say they are doesn't make it true. Anyone can go over to the MPC Forums to get honest feedback from 'actual' MPC Ren users not the trolls that have already been banned and warned here. And actual Ren users here are telling you the same thing.

And if you personally feel the Ren is not worth it, don't buy it and find a product that works for you. No harm...no foul.

Half the 'bugs' reported in the forum were from individuals that never used an MPC before or haven't used one in a long time. So I educated them on how the Ren is intended to work. The confirmed bugs have been repeated numerous times....like the same problem with 3rd party plugins.

The Ren is missing some features that some legacy MPCs have (you do know there are many products that can't do everything a legacy MPC can do). But the Ren does numerous things no hardware MPC can accomplish as well as competing products. And that is the selling point. I own some of the best hardware MPCs that Akai has ever created (MPC 2500, MPC 3000, and MPC 4000). If I could only have 1 MPC, I would choose the Ren hands down.

As far as Akai and their software updates...you can stop there. Because at the end of the day, MPCs (regardless of their flaws) are still the premier sampling drum machine line. All other companies discontinued competing products.
I understand what you are saying but i do disagree with the software update part. If someone cheats you out of money you will be hesitant to trust them again until they redeems themselves. All im saying is with their known history of not listening to their customers you have no choice but to proceed with caution. Personally think I should not have had to go to an JJos when akai should have listened from day 1 to their users. They should have been more in tune with their customers. I know you are paid by them but right is right and wrong is wrong and certain points cant or shouldnt be defended until they have regained trust on the issue. I think there will be updates but im not biting til i see that they have changed. No disrespect you have been very helpful. I never listen too much to people because most times user errors are committed by lack of reading the manuel. Use it long enough to find out if a bug or is it you.
#54
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #54
Gear Head
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30

david Crates is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.

To keep this short..use whichever drum machine you like. I hear everything you said. But until there is another company that makes a better sampling drum machine...I am sticking with MPCs.

Maschine??

well i think they are equal
#55
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #55
Lives for gear
 
O'Ryan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 777

O'Ryan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
I am trying to stay away from the Ren vs currently sold competing products as these types of threads are the reason why only one MPC Ren thread is permitted in this forum.

However, the build quality of the Ren is really good. It was built to the spec of a hardware MPC not your average plastic controller. It is solid with a nice weight to it. It has the best feeling data wheel/encoder than any MPC released in the past decade.

The only thing I would have changed about the Ren are the height and the size of some buttons. In this aspect, the Ren is like a miniature MPC 3000. I would have opted for buttons the exact same size and feel of the 3000. This would most likely make the Ren a little larger though.
Funny you say that, I've never owned a 3k but used it plenty, I like the size of the buttons.
#56
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #56
Gear addict
 
isma's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 387

isma is offline
Hi MPC stut'z, there is something i don't really get about the "vintage mode" :
In the manual:


"Click on the VINTAGE MODE button of your MPC Renaissance to toggle between the different audio quality emulations. This works only if the MPC Renaissance is set up as the audio output in the Preferences. You can choose to emulate the particular sonic qualities of the MPC3000, the MPC60, Other and of course no emulation (no LED will be lit)".

Doest it mean no vintage mode using my main audio interface?
Does it mean the vintage mode is applied just before the D/A conversion of the MPC main out, not in the DAW?
If yes, let's say i use 2 computers, one dedicated to the MPC so i use the MPC sound card.
I've finished a track, and i'm willing to mix the track so want to bounce 8 tracks from my MPC renaissance (kick, hat...) with the " MPC60 vintage mode", how do i do that with only 2 analog outs??

Cheers

Isma
#57
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #57
Gear maniac
 
E-Maddox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 261

E-Maddox is offline
Quote:
Anyone can go over to the MPC Forums to get honest feedback from 'actual' MPC Ren users
Well right now they're say it's buggy. Let's see what v1.1 brings.
Hobbs_Won
#58
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #58
Hobbs_Won
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Called 3 Guitar Centers 2 Sam Ash in NC today....

Sam Ash didn't even have them in stock...

Both Guitar Centers did and they will not put a floor model out.

The manager @ one of the Sam Ash said they absolutely will not be putting the a floor model for the Ren out once they DO stock it.

wtf?
#59
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
  #59
Lives for gear
 
Goa-Dubs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,049

Goa-Dubs is offline
Updated OS is essential obviously.Many bugs to sort out.Too many customers complaining id imagine.Has anyone got the time to troubleshoot gear nowadays?
#60
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
  #60
Gear addict
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 322

delano517 is offline
[QUOTE=Jahrome;8331363]No disrespect? Dude....you are hearing spreading lies. If you are intelligent and spent any amount of time in these forums you know very well I am not employed or paid by Akai.

To keep this short..use whichever drum machine you like. I hear everything you said. But until there is another company that makes a better sampling drum machine...I am sticking with MPCs.[/QUOTE


I apologize i assumed by the amount of passion you put into answering questions and assistance on the Ren here and as you say other forums you worked for the company. i dont follow threads i simply was reading this one and added my input. My intelligence that you questioned wont allow akai to do this to me again, thats why myself and some other will wait. You sound genuine, i dont believe you are one of those guys defending an incomplete product to justify or feel better about your purchace as some folks are. Thanks for all your help and im sure akai thanks you too. I do believe there's light at the end of the tunnel for the Ren. I hope im not considered a troll because i have objections, I own a mpc 2000xl, 2500, 4000 and a s950 to go with my sp1200 so i cannot be a akai hater.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Chaylon / So much gear, so little time!
39
TheMIG / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
13
Straight / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
43
Dante310 / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
2
Farshad / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
8

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.