Login / Register

The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
TonyBelmont
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012

The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread

Welcome to the official thread for Maschine. This is the ONLY place to discuss any and all Maschine related topics in this forum.

Here are the rules:

All discussions about Maschine must take place here.

Please do not start a thread outside of this one to discuss it, or you will receive an infraction or be banned.

We have placed an indefinite moratorium on any "video" threads about these products. That means no more posting of videos about these products, or linking to videos on Youtube or other sites from today forward. (i.e. no more celebrity using "x" machine videos, demonstrations of features, etc).

All demonstration videos in regards to these from beta testers, users, product endorsers and any "others" are from this day forward against the forum rules and posting of such videos will result in infractions or banning.

Anyone who tries to bring any negativity or anything other than positive discussions to the above threads will be suspended from posting in any threads indefinitely. We are aware of certain people, and what they are doing or have done in the past.. Some of them have already been banned, others have been, or are in the process of being contacted for their participation and behaviors.

Enjoy!
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Head

sweet! thanks Tony!

Anyone gotten MKII yet?
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear maniac

the 1.8 update is so sweet
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez View Post
Damn skippy. Helps me out alot!
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear nut

Does anyone experience random pitch-bending or drops in sample speed?
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez View Post
I haven't updated my maschine yet. What's new in the update?
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear addict

I want to upgrade to the white one but I have no reason to buy a new one. The old one works fine (I have the OG f1/f2 joint, got it february 2009). i'll wait to see what they do for Maschine 2. The new version of the software is dope. The new saturator modes sound awesome, and the timestretch was very well done by NI.

There are quite a bugs though.
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Head

Scooped up a Mikro for cheap on eBay recently since everyone is going crazy about the MkII. Really digging it so far, but integration with Logic is not the easiest.. :(
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
I want to upgrade to the white one but I have no reason to buy a new one. The old one works fine (I have the OG f1/f2 joint, got it february 2009). i'll wait to see what they do for Maschine 2. The new version of the software is dope. The new saturator modes sound awesome, and the timestretch was very well done by NI.

I'm updating when I get home then... Is it free? Time stretch will make my life a whole lot easier. The main thing I was missing from when I used Ableton and an mpc
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post

I also have a version 1 controller its been to hell and back I will probably get a mk2 in white to match my room and just keep the old one in my backpack. I'm patiently waiting for MK2 feedback.
2nd October 2012
Old 2nd October 2012
Gear nut

I'm in the market for a beat making tool I can integrate with my computer. Now I make beats on iPad apps like BeatMaker 2 and NanoStudio, with a few iPad synths like Animoog, Sunrizer, Alchemy, and ThumbJam, and bounce to my laptop running REAPER to mix and spice up. I'm trying to build a music production station built around my computer. Making beats with the iPad is cool, but I miss working in a desktop environment with VST's. The reason I moved on to iPad is cause I love being hands on with my music. I wasn't feeling the mouse and keyboard anymore. Maschine looks like it'll fit my needs perfectly. Is it true I can do everything from the screens on the Maschine controller? How often does mouse clicking come into play?
3rd October 2012
Old 3rd October 2012
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to stilts27 Send a message via Yahoo to stilts27
Since the 1.8 upgrade has anyone experienced any hardware crashes/bugs?
3rd October 2012
Old 3rd October 2012
Gear nut

4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Floyd da King View Post
not me ..
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
Lives for gear

I just got mk2 (it's the first one I've owned). I've had a few crashes in Pro Tools but nothing seemingly hardware related, pitch bends or drops in sample speeds.

I was wondering, is anyone using it with Pro Tools? If so, what is your workflow? It seems like you lose a lot of the functionality of Maschine when you use it as a plug-in. The whole flow of the program seems lost to me when you are forced to use the Pro Tools transport....
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
Gear Head

read the readme file, it includes alot information about compatability
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
Gear nut

Damn the Maschine is cool but out of no where my sample speed drops or it records random pitchbending. I need a super tech their answers are off.
4th October 2012
Old 4th October 2012
Gear nut

Very rude Tech support over at Native Instruments
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Gear maniac

So anyone get the new maschine mk2 and tested out the pads I hear their amazing.

https://soundcloud.com/monkeynerd222/no-sight-required-beat_tape
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Gear addict

Pads are excellent. The new pads are no more sensitive than the old ones on a new unit. That's not a bad thing because the old ones where perfect for sensitivity and triggering. No miss-triggers or double triggers unless you have a used beat up one or worn/dirty sensors. What is better is the velocity response. The old one did not scale right on soft velocities so you had to use the hard 1 velocity setting for more dynamic scaling. Now you can leave it on linear and it scales right. The pads have a soft smooth surface like the ones on the Mikro so it has a different feel.

The white one looks real sharp. The pictures on the box and NI sight do not do it justice. Some of the led colors really pop with the look. Just turn off the pads auto color so you don't get that ugly mismatch rainbow effect across the pads. I leave the groups on auto though. The buttons feel really nice and much better than the old. The surface of them has a nice feel and the click is more sure. The labels on the white stand out more so it's easy to see what you are doing. The data wheel gives a more sure adjustment for swing and tempo. It's supposed to increment by 1 db at a time for volume but that is not working right with the release version. The data wheel is also great for browsing. There you can easily scroll the browser list 1 increment at a time and load by pushing the wheel. This is more comfortable imo. The new screen is nice too but I wish they would have made a tilt screen because the angle still sucks. I hate needing to hunch over to see the unit. The stand is an option but that's too expensive for what it is imo.
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Gear addict

Really don't know what to do. I have the mk 2 white version just sitting in the box right now. I don't know whether to return it and get the Ren.
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

^^^ The only way you will know what product is right for you is by using them both. Your going to have to open that box.
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Gear maniac

Watch the videos and study the workflow for both.
6th October 2012
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Floyd da King View Post
Very rude Tech support over at Native Instruments
Very rude. Even on the forum.+1

Sent from my SPH-D710
10th October 2012
Old 10th October 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopre View Post
Really don't know what to do. I have the mk 2 white version just sitting in the box right now. I don't know whether to return it and get the Ren.
You got the white version? All preferences aside though, you can't go wrong with maschine. MPC Ren is good for taking up space.
10th October 2012
Old 10th October 2012
Gear addict

I take back some of my comments above on the sensitivity. On the MK2 if I just barely brush the pads they will trigger. This is with sensitivity at 96. I used to lightly position my fingers on the pads before triggering and now I can't do that unless I turn down the sensitivity.
12th October 2012
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopre View Post

I just copped a MK1 Mikro (practically brand new for only $100 ), and what i've found is the Maschine platform has more in common with an MPC and Ableton w/LPC than they have different. Pick one and just get to work.

Of course each have some advantages/disadvantage but they are slight when it come down to just making a beat. example: Maschine really needs a good soundcard and powerful computer to shine. While Hardware is immediate and just plain works. Ableton w/LPC is more flexible and better for live performances. The most valuble thing (and biggest difference IMO) with Maschine is the sounds in stock library and expansions. So much work was put into those that it feel almost like cheating.

Check me out:
https://soundcloud.com/disgomusic
www.cooloutmusic.com
12th October 2012
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear

Oh...one more Maschine related thought I had:

I know Native Instruments would never do it (because it undermines new hardware sales), but shouldn't it be possible for the MK1 controller pads to do same multi-color thing as the MK2 with some type of firmware upgrade?

The top 8 already turn from orange to blue for groups which means they're RGB right?
12th October 2012
Old 12th October 2012
Banned

Why is the mk2 599$? Damn son! I got the Mk1, and the difference between the two aren't that big of a deal.

Colors on the pads, I could give a dam about
The scroll wheel is whatever, not important
Screen color.. I can see just fine on the old one.

Everybody gets the 1.8 upgrade..and gets the licence to massive and a free download.

N.I tryna tax on this maschine.. To me, its no better than MK1.. unless fashion for your gear is important (colors, and what not)
12th October 2012
Old 12th October 2012
Gear addict

Trying to tax? The MK2 is the same price as the MK1 was before it was put on clearance. It's just a refresh of the original and not meant to be an XL or higher end model. That's why it's called a mark 2.

The original Maschine hardware is not capable of all the colors. It was not designed for it and does not have the physical ability.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search