Login / Register

The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

I think I would use recycle for this and export as wave (thats how I used to do it in the old days of complication)
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Well going ghetto but sliced the sample in maschine then trigger the pads individually recording into the mpc. Tgen adusting the start and end points.

Probably ebd up buying slicex soon I reckon too to remedy this but I enjoy chopping more in maschine.
9th January 2013
Old 9th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterism View Post
Well going ghetto but sliced the sample in maschine then trigger the pads individually recording into the mpc. Tgen adusting the start and end points.

Probably ebd up buying slicex soon I reckon too to remedy this but I enjoy chopping more in maschine.
NI User Forums - View Single Post - Exporting slices - Mikro
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Gear interested

Maschine + Live

Hi GS,
long time lurker on these forums just made an account, ive seen a few threads around here regarding using maschine+live thought everyone intrested should check this out

How to Control Ableton Live with Maschine - YouTube

its full ableton control with maschine + mikro MK1+2
been using it with my mikro mk2 and have been having a blast figuring it all out, clip/scene triggering, volume/pan control, navigation, xfade assigning and control, ive been messing with it for about 10mins and have been having a blast figuring it all out, also love the full use of the RGB pads in mk2.

for any ableton users with maschine wanting to use maschine for triggering ect should defs check this out, have not tried using the maschine vst in ableton with this yet but i am sure its possible
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterism View Post
quick question how do I export the slices in maschine as wav?. chopped a sample up but need to export them individually for the mpc to use.
Easy! Press sampling edit and press truncate (button 2). Tap the pad for the next slice and press the truncate again. Repeat for each pad in the group that has a slice. You have to tap each pad slice first but you can execute really fast. Go to group menu and save group with samples.
Done.
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Geek View Post
Easy! Press sampling edit and press truncate (button 2). Tap the pad for the next slice and press the truncate again. Repeat for each pad in the group that has a slice. You have to tap each pad slice first but you can execute really fast. Go to group menu and save group with samples.
Done.
Bit different on the mikro but worked a treat

Also can anyone help me out and explain this, goto pad 1 and record a sample, slice it up and apply to group.

however, in say example group a I apply it to, how come the sliced sample is on sound 1 and not for example for each slice on each sound layer?.
12th February 2013
Old 12th February 2013
Gear interested

Cant change Logic tempo with Maschine on as a Plugin

Hey guys ... does anyway know to rectify this?

I have Maschine 1.8.2 working in Logic as a plug in and i thought it was supposed slave to Logics tempo but when i try
and change tempo in Logic i get this message "Multiple tempo events detected" and the tempo wont change...

Its a real pain - any thoughts?

cheers!
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

Question:

Did one of these Maschine updates merge 1.5 sounds and instruments into same category?

I got the latest update
27th March 2013
Old 27th March 2013
Gear interested

is it logical for me to buy Maschine for the purpose of helping make beats with the use of Cubase or Studio One??
alq
28th March 2013
Old 28th March 2013
alq
Gear Head

Does Maschine make sense in a House music production (not DJing or Live performing) environment?
In other words: what else is there?

alq.
29th March 2013
Old 29th March 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by alq View Post
Does Maschine make sense in a House music production (not DJing or Live performing) environment?
In other words: what else is there?

alq.

There is a tonne of stuff to do with Maschine.

Last edited by Dichotomos; 29th March 2013 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: wrong link
alq
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
alq
Gear Head

Well, thanks, good video.
But actually the only thing he is showing off, is also about 95% drum sequence programming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomos View Post
There is a tonne of stuff to do with Maschine.

6th April 2013
Old 6th April 2013
Gear interested

That setup is sweet for maschine. But it would be a serious pain trying to program so many variations. It would be sweet if he just shared his setup with us. Nothing is that easy though. Have any of you guys tried this.

Also I seen a vid to trigger different groups with midi clips in live. The process involved using setup midi batch which u get by right clicking on the group track in maschine but when I did this it was not there. Anyone no bout this or another way that I can set maschine up so its triggered by midi clips in ableton live.
7th April 2013
Old 7th April 2013
Gear nut

Ok, its time for a real questions:

1. I got 3 instances of Maschine loaded in Cubase 7 via VST instrument rack (each one is in own track). Now, when i try to switch between them and change sounds it always play only 1 instance of Maschine being opened first. Any idea how to switch between in a right way?

2. My first Scene is 2 bars and second one is 4 bars. I did it because i want my Cubase to start not from zero but from bar 3.
Now, if my first scene in empty and second starts with a note placed first on a grid in a loop mode set from bar 3 to 7 Maschine always skips first note. Try it. Any solution?

3. Last one is simple. I can not find out how to mute individual notes. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
8th April 2013
Old 8th April 2013
Lives for gear

1)Shift+RTFM= Instance hint its also written on every maschine controller

3) Pads or recorded notes Please clarify
8th April 2013
Old 8th April 2013
Gear nut

3. Is about recorded notes.
2. This point is very annoing to me currently. Need emergency help)
1. Thanks.
But why its not switching automatically when you click corresponfing track?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com App
11th April 2013
Old 11th April 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Floyd da King View Post
Does anyone experience random pitch-bending or drops in sample speed?
No..Not at all.
12th April 2013
Old 12th April 2013
Gear interested

Your Losing Your Mind!

All I know is that I have learned a lot using Maschine Mikro..... I just need help using my Akai Miniak... I want to be able to transfer those sounds to the Mikro..... I do this connecting the Minak to my comp how?????
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthologySound View Post
All I know is that I have learned a lot using Maschine Mikro..... I just need help using my Akai Miniak... I want to be able to transfer those sounds to the Mikro..... I do this connecting the Minak to my comp how?????
audio interface
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Welcome to the official thread for Maschine. This is the ONLY place to discuss any and all Maschine related topics in this forum.

Here are the rules:

All discussions about Maschine must take place here.

Please do not start a thread outside of this one to discuss it, or you will receive an infraction or be banned.

We have placed an indefinite moratorium on any "video" threads about these products. That means no more posting of videos about these products, or linking to videos on Youtube or other sites from today forward. (i.e. no more celebrity using "x" machine videos, demonstrations of features, etc).

All demonstration videos in regards to these from beta testers, users, product endorsers and any "others" are from this day forward against the forum rules and posting of such videos will result in infractions or banning.

Anyone who tries to bring any negativity or anything other than positive discussions to the above threads will be suspended from posting in any threads indefinitely. We are aware of certain people, and what they are doing or have done in the past.. Some of them have already been banned, others have been, or are in the process of being contacted for their participation and behaviors.

Enjoy!
I'm sorry, and I'm SURE this isn't what you meant... But the phrasing you've used makes it sound as if critique and/or complaint regarding the Maschine hardware/software will earn me infractions up to banning from this forum. Again, maybe you simply meant the random attacks and flaming that go on in these threads, and if that is the case, I applaud that decision.

Am I allowed to criticize the MIDI imementation(for example) as long as I do so in a neutral and non-personal manner? Please clarify, as I value this forum and would hate to be tossed due to ignorance!

Hardware: Korg Polysix, Korg Microkorg, Korg Monotribe, Korg MS-20mini, DSI Prophet 08, Roland Alpha Juno 1, Waldorf Blofeld, Moog Slim Phatty, Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra

Software: Propellerhead Reason 7, Ableton Live 9 Suite, Nuendo 4, NI Maschine

Softies: uHE Diva, ACE, NI Massive, Razor, FM8, Korg Legacy Collection, OP-X Pro II, Morgana, Kontakt, Arturia Prophet V, MinimoogV, Jupiter V, Arp2600V, CS-80V, Emulator X
27th April 2013
Old 27th April 2013
Gear Head

Just finished a DIY maschine stand.. Was so happy with the outcome I felt I had to share with the world...
27th April 2013
Old 27th April 2013
Gear Head

Attached Thumbnails
The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread-image.jpg  
27th April 2013
Old 27th April 2013
Gear Head

Did my best to make sure it sits as snug as possible..
Attached Thumbnails
27th April 2013
Old 27th April 2013
Gear Head

After using a little wood finish and black paint.... (Although now I'm kinda wishing that didn't paint it cause that wood looks was really nice). And sorry for the one picture per post. Doing this from my phone and it doesn't let me attach multiple attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
1st May 2013
Old 1st May 2013
Gear Head

Will I be able to run the maschine and its software smooth on my computer I have an i5 with 8 gigs ram windows 8, also how are the stock sounds that come with maschine? I am coming from a motif es8 so I am primarily used to realistic orchestral sounds and the synths are precompressed for the most part.
4th May 2013
Old 4th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J North View Post
After using a little wood finish and black paint.... (Although now I'm kinda wishing that didn't paint it cause that wood looks was really nice). And sorry for the one picture per post. Doing this from my phone and it doesn't let me attach multiple attachments.
Looks really great! Well done.
5th May 2013
Old 5th May 2013
Lives for gear

hey guys

im a bit of a mschine noob, i was wondering if theres a way to save maschine in my ableton default template and have it keep its routings?

I have a master maschine track doing sends only, then 4 audio tracks, each one taking audio from a group in maschine, then in maschine i set each group to send to that channel. no problems.

The issue is, i close the project, open a new one, all routings are gone...

If i save the project with a name, keeps all routings...

Any way around this? i really dont want to be setting routing every time i start fresh, interested in how people are dealing with this?
6th May 2013
Old 6th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J North View Post
that looks really sharp, man! NICE WORK!
MBR
7th May 2013
Old 7th May 2013
MBR
Gear Head

Nice table rack! I might have to try that out myself...

I love my Maschine MK2

You can really Jam on the thing out of the box -

Heres a video of me one handing on it on my balcony the other day! All original samples (although the stock ones are pretty tight too)

8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
hey guys

im a bit of a mschine noob, i was wondering if theres a way to save maschine in my ableton default template and have it keep its routings?

I have a master maschine track doing sends only, then 4 audio tracks, each one taking audio from a group in maschine, then in maschine i set each group to send to that channel. no problems.

The issue is, i close the project, open a new one, all routings are gone...

If i save the project with a name, keeps all routings...

Any way around this? i really dont want to be setting routing every time i start fresh, interested in how people are dealing with this?
Yeah you totally can. Just get everything set up the way you want it to look when you launch Live, and press [command + ,] to bring up preferences. Under the "files" tab, I believe, there is a button to save current live set as default.

I use two external synths, some midi controllers, Maschine, and a bunch of keyboard shortcuts that make my life easier (dedicated buttons for metronome on, tap tempo, transport controls, stop all clips, etc), so I really tweaked out on making a good default set.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search