The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
12th November 2012
Old 12th November 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about....for your information, the 'idiot' you refer to is an MPC forum moderator that has been harassing me for years and talking sh!t about Numark MPCs. Then he goes out and buy a Ren for $1700 and don't know how to use it. So I took the opportunity to clown him. It was justified to give him a dose of his own medicine.

Then you took my statement completely out of context from another forum and brought it here. I am sure this forum doesn't need drama from another forum.

Stop worrying about me. Do you even own any of the products we discuss here? Focus further comments on these products.

* Note - anyone spending all their time talking about products they don't own looks silly.
As much B.S. as jah talk, he has managed to stay pretty diplomatic about shit, so i give him that.
TonyBelmont
12th November 2012
Old 12th November 2012

Keep the BS from other forums off of GS!

Anyone who wants to further perpetuate drama from mpc forums on here will be banned permanently.
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
15th November 2012
Old 15th November 2012
Gear interested

I've recently been moving towards using electronic drums in my band. I've got a korg nano pad that we've been using to play drum samples, but feel it's time we upgraded. As we're pretty keen about it, we're looking to skip any in between stages - akai mpd 26 etc. - and go straight to something with more functionality. I have looked into the Akai mpd 32, and compared it against the Apc40, but felt the former lacked the looping/controller functions of the latter (given the lit pads if anything). The Apc, on the other hand, lacked the drum pads as it's 'own discreet instrument' element, serving primarily as a controller, and for studio production. I felt a middle ground would be ideal, which is where MASCHINE came in.

I suppose my question is which of the multiple versions of MASCHINE would suit me best? I noticed there doesn't seem to have been any mention on the thread of the Mikro versions?

Money is a factor; I aim to spend ideally less than £200 (on ebay), but am willing to be persuaded I needn't spend as much, or the opposite. Essentially, if you'll excuse the rather mundane example, I'd like to achieve a Jamie xx style performance (of the band The xx), but with greater live loop making functionality. If that makes sense. Note also that, I am new to production in general, and really a shoegazer-pedal-lover with a desire to venture into a more electronic sound. I've started a three-piece with the nano pads, guitar/vocals, and a synth. Any help would be massively appreciated. The MASCHINE looks great, I'm pretty bloody excited.
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

1.8.2 update now available

The free MASCHINE 1.8.2 update is now available for download. The update contains a number of improvements that make working with MASCHINE even more straightforward and intuitive, including:

Optimized sample start and sample end editing
‘Duplicate’ function now identical in MASCHINE MIKRO and MASCHINE controllers
The 1.5.3 update for the Controller Editor, improving the stability of all MASCHINE templates for TRAKTOR PRO, Mackie Control, and Ableton Live 8. Caution:
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

Brb
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Brb
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTA_ONE View Post
Lol this is just like all the people on here

"Yea I bought it but I like the mp better"
"I didn't know it can do that"
"I didn't know it can do this"
"I didn't know it can do that"

Dudes don't even try to learn maschine then bash it

Dude dint even know who how to cut off a sample with another then apologized to ni LOL
Brb
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Brb
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTA_ONE View Post
This guy is like a tolerable version of jah in the fact that he buys gear he doesn't even use. But the heatmakerz actually make beats
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Gear addict

i just seen a video with this ghastly thing in it with britney spears and that annoying black dude, its clearly an advertisement for machine, how low can NI go these days, song is total crap too!
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirix View Post
i just seen a video with this ghastly thing in it with britney spears and that annoying black dude, its clearly an advertisement for machine, how low can NI go these days, song is total crap too!
To which song are you referring?
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
To which song are you referring?
The Will I Am and Brittany Spears track. It's full of product of placement, but I am not sure why empirix is all upsept.
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Head

thats how promotion works?
this shit like :" the Ren has an sound/groove that can't be made with any other tool."
it's just dumb
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear Head

dude I'm honest don#t think that the Ren is a bad tool or anything like that it's very nice that there are 2 Products than can be compared so both Ni and Akai need to keep their stuff fresh.
but i compared alot Maschine/Battery, different MPCs/Maschine and Battery or just as audio file in the daw. and it was all the time the same or verynear to each other...
Brb
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Brb
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Yeah maybe.Thought i detected some more snap and crisp tho.
That's the sound of shitty d/a converters
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
I aint your ..... softboy.Put your specs back on and see you have been using a cheap controller made by teen tweekers NI.At least akai have the blueprints and experience available to copy/redevelope.Check the vids/unit for yourself and hear.The sound just pops out.If you cant hear it carry on doing what you do.And stfu
Experience in Software?
Sure...
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Lives for gear

Once again All daws except maybe Paris sound like ones and zeros what you think you hear is placebo based on hype and expectations..
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Lives for gear

You guys are going to get this resource locked
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post
Once again All daws except maybe Paris sound like ones and zeros what you think you hear is placebo based on hype and expectations..
TRUTH!!!
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Lives for gear

Sure..carry on (that placebo pill is pretty strong tho)
Brb
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Brb
Gear addict

Lay off the Molly's
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear Head

I seriously don't know what is going on in this thread. It is like it was run over by bunch of a teenager girls bashing each other K-pop idols. Why do other people give so much crap if someone is using Maschine or MPC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1and0 View Post
I suppose my question is which of the multiple versions of MASCHINE would suit me best? I noticed there doesn't seem to have been any mention on the thread of the Mikro versions?
If money is objection then Mikro is perfectly fine and frankly pretty amazing deal if you can get the first version without the christmas lights ~ 200 bucks.
The software is exactly the same in all versions and the controllers are basically two way USB "midi" pad controllers. So every version will be able to do exactly the same.
With full version of controller you don't have to touch mouse almost at all - everything can be clearly done from the controller.
With Mikro you would need to use the mouse - while most functions can be also accessed from mikro, it is far more elaborate with multiple key pushes. Not to mention that you have to remember how to do it in first place. The full maschine controller is self explanatory.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
I seriously don't know what is going on in this thread. It is like it was run over by bunch of a teenager girls bashing each other K-pop idols. Why do other people give so much crap if someone is using Maschine or MPC?
Its an in joke.Dont worry........
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

Does anybody know how the swing works in Maschine? There's 3 spots to add swing, Master, Group, and Sound.

My question is are they cumulative meaning if master 13%/group 7%/sound 5% = 25% total swing (This is what i think is going on) or does it default to the highest setting (using the same example above) = 13% total swing.
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak View Post
Does anybody know how the swing works in Maschine? There's 3 spots to add swing, Master, Group, and Sound.

My question is are they cumulative meaning if master 13%/group 7%/sound 5% = 25% total swing (This is what i think is going on) or does it default to the highest setting (using the same example above) = 13% total swing.
Great Question!!! I was actually thinking the same thing recently. Is it really cumulative or does it just default to the highest setting?! Anyone care to shed some light on the topic?!
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear addict

ive been using maschine for a bit now, and im wondering if i am ever going to turn my mpc on again. ive heard people say this before, and now i'm saying it.... so!.... it guilts me a bit because i love my mpc, but the cohesion of all my softsynths with maschine really is incredible. and for someone who works all in the box like my self it is the perfect piece of kit hands down. as far as mk1 vs mk2 go's, i think mk2 blows mk1 out of the water. ive had both. mk2 color coding is super nice. until your actually using it you dont realize how nice it is to have. screen has better build/components. buttons, and pads have a better feel to them. more solid usb connection. love the one big knob. ok i guess im finished.

7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak View Post

Nobody know?
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

quick question how do I export the slices in maschine as wav?. chopped a sample up but need to export them individually for the mpc to use.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterism View Post
quick question how do I export the slices in maschine as wav?. chopped a sample up but need to export them individually for the mpc to use.
Not possible, although it would be a great feature. I guess NI figures that you should be sequencing in Maschine so no need to export slices.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
Not possible, although it would be a great feature. I guess NI figures that you should be sequencing in Maschine so no need to export slices.
Really?, tried looking up for it but seriously that isn't a option?.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterism View Post
Really?, tried looking up for it but seriously that isn't a option?.
No sir, before I sold my mpc I was in need of this option because I despise chopping on an mpc.
8th January 2013
Old 8th January 2013
Gear interested

I actually just spent a half hour trying to figure this out on the Maschine, but theres no way. Your just gonna have to throw them into Audacity or whatever pre-Maschine program you use and just make the cuts by ear and with visuals. Then Export each one individually with the export selection option. It seems tedious but in actuality it doesn't take very long at all.

Remember, the better and more efficient the set up is. The easier the arrangement and mixing will be.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search