25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFFG View Post
I just got mk2 (it's the first one I've owned). I've had a few crashes in Pro Tools but nothing seemingly hardware related, pitch bends or drops in sample speeds.

I was wondering, is anyone using it with Pro Tools? If so, what is your workflow? It seems like you lose a lot of the functionality of Maschine when you use it as a plug-in. The whole flow of the program seems lost to me when you are forced to use the Pro Tools transport....
Make sure your audio routing/sample rate settings are set up properly.

Make sure you use it as an input on an instrument track and route audio from there. Also, you can make stuff in standalone (drums, parts of a track or whole tracks even) save the project and open it up in pro tools afterwards thats what I usually do, and add external stuff afterwards via pro tools.
26th October 2012
Old 26th October 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to s12512
1 more request for maschine: kinda wish the controller had more buttons and less pages to scroll thru. And maybe a dedicated drum mapping mode where you woundnt have to keep moving the root note to the sound.

Ok bye!!

http://www.Twitter.com/kevin3001
26th October 2012
Old 26th October 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by s12512 View Post
1 more request for maschine: Kinda wish the controller had more buttons and less pages to scroll thru. And maybe a dedicated drum mapping mode where you woundnt have to keep moving the root note to the sound.

Ok bye!!
your right
2nd November 2012
Old 2nd November 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

right when we figure this out .. here come abelton live push lol
Brb
3rd November 2012
Old 3rd November 2012
Brb
Gear maniac

A push and maschine combo would be deadly

Make the main beat with maschine as a plug in and use push for its scale pad function, finish the rest in live.
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
Gear maniac

Mike Gao "Notice the Maschine in front of my couch instead of my computer. It really allows you to separate yourself from the computer, and it’s great to leave your computer and relax on the couch while still making beats. I may be biased, because this summer, I worked on some new features for the Maschine as part of the Native Instruments R&D team. I don’t want to say anything and get in trouble, but the Maschine MkII update is only the tip of the iceberg of all the cool shit that Native is plotting for the Maschine.

The pads and velocity mapping are some of the best I’ve felt, and I can pretty much guarantee anyone who gets an MPC Renaissance instead will regret it after they see the kind of stuff that Native is cooking up." DJ TechTools

Interesting....
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
Gear addict

Sold my maschine after a few months, got the ren last week. Much more happy , instant progress , inspiration and sound improvement. I was originally an mpc user before going itb though. No hate on the maschine just not for me. It's not the tools anyway it's the user...
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
Lives for gear

I think the tough think with maschine is that so many people know the mpc workflow. Why learn this when i already know that. That said im still undecided.
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
I EAT VINYL FOR DINNER

thank you Jahrome for helping me with my therapy.. and imo i think the only thing akai had to do with abelton push was the pads .. and the only good thing about the ren is the sequencer from 1980s .. with that being said . this is a ni maschine thread . so i will not respond to you any more unless you have something helpful to add .. its pretty said that the only thing i have ever learned from you is how not to be a troll like you .. smdh
Brb
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
Brb
Gear maniac

All the Ren is good for is playing old beats made on hardware mpcs lol
4th November 2012
Old 4th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brb View Post
All the Ren is good for is playing old beats made on hardware mpcs lol
That doesn't even load all formats yet, maybe after more updates.
5th November 2012
Old 5th November 2012
Banned

Cubase/Maschine Related.. Can you help a bro out?

I figured out how to get the MIDI from the maschine into cubase using it as a vst via sound batch midi setup... I got two questions/problems if you can help a bro out.

1. After I record my drums in a midi track in cubase, and have the midi registering/all the above in cubase, how do I transfer the exact loop/drum track and sounds/samples to audio so I can burn it to a cd?

2. In the same mode.. (Maschine/Cubase -MIDI).. When I enter "PAD MODE" and "KEYBOARD" to play different pitches with a snare, or a kick, it doesnt play back the different pitches I recorded, it only plays the "original/stock" sample, or the "not pitched/ not alterd sample".. How do I get the (keyboard/pad mode) to record as midi, and playback the samples in "pad/keyboard" mode, as midi..?

Thanks brothers.
6th November 2012
Old 6th November 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
No product on the planet loads all Akai MPC formats. The Ren is the most capable MPC (or any drum machine) in this regard. You will see another update soon which improves upon this.

On another note, I tried out Maschine's MKII controller for the first time. I am curious to see how those pads will hold up now that they have MPC styled tact-switches. One of the tact switches on the display model 'sounded' as if it was wearing out already. I don't feel the MKII controller is worth it if you already own the MKI. I won't be upgrading my MKI until an MKIII controller is released.

Ableton Push controller looks very similar to Maschine. I see Push attracting a lot of actual and potential Maschine user's.
I wouldn't call a new Midi Controller a upgrade the software changes are for all users so i don't think any MKI owner needs to get a MKII
6th November 2012
Old 6th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
No product on the planet loads all Akai MPC formats. The Ren is the most capable MPC (or any drum machine) in this regard. You will see another update soon which improves upon this.
It doesn't load MPC 2500 Akai OS produced songs. Hopefully Akai gets that worked out.
Brb
7th November 2012
Old 7th November 2012
Brb
Gear maniac

Atleast maschine was a new exiting idea,

Push and the Ren are based on old shit... What's really that new?
7th November 2012
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

As a maschine user I'm really interested in what push can add to my workflow. I have no intentions of replacing maschine just add to it
9th November 2012
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

you make music!?!!!!!
9th November 2012
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

Aight, I am running maschine in 64bit mode and I am getting a weird sound coming from maschine. It sounds like digital clipping an the CPU in maschine spikes but doesn't peak when it happens. Does anyone know if this annoying issue is a windows problem? Any remedies? I have a MacBook that I could use instead but due to a space issue I would rather not. Thanks for any help.
9th November 2012
Old 9th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
There are plenty of products that are new ideas. Doesn't mean I want to make music with them.

I would much rather have a modernized, legendary old idea.

Akai is working on ensuring the Ren can load legacy MPC formats. MPC Tutor's review indicates MPC 1000, 2500, and 5000 files load properly in the Ren.
Wrong part of the forum Jahrome. Do you know how to DJ or spin records? You check their new mixer the Z1 Kontrol mixer. How do you think akai's audio interfaces compare to NI's jahrome? Don't hear any complaints about Maschine 1.8 crashing.
10th November 2012
Old 10th November 2012
Banned

Quote:
I have no need for an NI or Akai audio interface. I currently use a UAD interface and will perhaps splurge on an Apogee interface.

I don't need to look for user review of 1.8 as I actually own Maschine..but I don't use it that much as it still doesn't have the features I need. There are plenty of Maschine users that feel the same way. Look no further than the Feature Suggestion threads in the NI Forum.
You in the wrong thread son! I noticed you been staying out the akai mpc ren thread ever since they put you on blast for dissing a mpc ren user in the other forum. Stop it five, you ain't fooling nobody.
10th November 2012
Old 10th November 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
I have no need for an NI or Akai audio interface. I currently use a UAD interface and will perhaps splurge on an Apogee interface.

I don't need to look for user review of 1.8 as I actually own Maschine..but I don't use it that much as it still doesn't have the features I need. There are plenty of Maschine users that feel the same way. Look no further than the Feature Suggestion threads in the NI Forum.

Sent from my PC36100
10th November 2012
Old 10th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Staying out of the MPC Ren thread has nothing to do with someone putting me on blast silly. Look again...I still post there. The rules of this forum limit what we can discuss or display...so I post less frequently. I still post in the MPC Forums where I diss that 'MPC Ren' user you are referring to whenever I get a chance.

Getting back to Maschine....1.8 and the MKII controller...they are not being met with the excitement NI anticipated. MKIII controller and 2.0 next?
Isn't the MPC Ren and big flop?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Gearslutz App
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012

what is a maschine thread doing here? there's nothing hiphop about the maschine get it the hell out of here.

MPC forever. maschine = fake.
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

same reason there are exactly zero ren threads in the electronic music forum i quess
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewingstuff View Post
same reason there are exactly zero ren threads in the electronic music forum i quess
different people really. sampler users = cool people, synthesiser users = geeks
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

alrighty then
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
spending all their time talking about products
you......don't..........say
11th November 2012
Old 11th November 2012

Quote:
Are you here just viewing stuff? Or are you an actual Maschine/Ren owner?
me? well no, not the latter, I was just joking around though dont take offense, I'm getting off this thread now.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search