Login / Register

PLEASE READ ---->>> In Regards to Maschine and MPC Renn Threads and YouTube Threads
Closed
Subscribe
TonyBelmont
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012

PLEASE READ ---->>> In Regards to Maschine and MPC Renn Threads and YouTube Threads

Here are the rules regarding threads about the MPC Renn and Maschine.

Due to an overwhelming presence of trolls... and negativity, we have had to put the following measures in place:

All discussions about these products must be contained in the threads at the top of the forum titled "The OFFICIAL Akai MPC Renaissance Thread" and "The OFFICIAL Native Instruments Maschine Thread".

Please do not start a thread outside of these threads to discuss these products, or you will receive an infraction or be banned.

All previous threads about these products, videos, etc have been temporarily closed or deleted. Please do not try to jump start a months old thread that may have slipped through the cracks.

Anyone who tries to bring any negativity or anything other than positive discussions to the above threads will be suspended from posting in any threads indefinitely. We are aware of certain people, and what they are doing or have done in the past.. Some of them have already been banned, others have been, or are in the process of being contacted for their participation and behaviors.

Also...New rules regarding YouTube:

We have also placed an indefinite moratorium on any "video" threads. That means no more posting of videos about these products, or linking to videos on Youtube or other sites from today forward. (i.e. no more celebrity using "x" machine videos, demonstrations of features, etc). All advertisement videos and ad sponsored videos are from today forward forbidden. The only YouTube videos still allowed are those which are not about a product and do not contain an advertisement of any kind (no advertisement at the beginning of the video, etc).

All demonstration videos in regards to these from beta testers, users, product endorsers and any "others" are from this day forward against the forum rules and posting of such videos will result in infractions or banning.

Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
TonyBelmont
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012

Hobbs_Won
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Hobbs_Won

good stuff Tony
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

legend
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Banned

That is hands down the best use of smilies I've seen. LMFAO!!!
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
What did I miss? Aren't these two drum machines gear and this is gearslutz after all. Is this site wide or just this section? I am very interested in both pieces of gear and come here mostly to talk about it. Maybe Ill hit the computer music section for a while.
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
There are lots of topics that we can talk about that have nothing to do with these products. Let's start that today. This site is so much more than a discussion forum for two products.
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MIDIchlorian
Tony bro? Why did you delete my 2 video threads though?
I can see locking them for the 7 day period you mentioned,but a complete delete.
Please reconsider bud,making those videos was a lot if work and I almost specifically made those for my friends here at GS.

This is a site about gear and the Mas 1.8 and REN are 2 exciting new products. Today is a big day for Maschine owners so naturally people are going to come to GS for the latest info and videos.
I totally agree with shutting the threads where people have done personal attacks.
But the threads with useful info should stay,just lock them for 7 days.
I respect your decision,but some aspects I hope you reconsider when you cool down.

If you ask me the best way to deal with the trolls would be to delete their comments within the posts,as they come in.
Then merge all the REN threads into one master thread and do the same with Maschine,and lock them for 7 days.

24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

I counted 9 threads that, while they started off differently in the initial phases, they quickly diverged into the same old 'I'm better than you' trash talk.

MIDI, your vid was good, I enjoyed watching it regardless. But that thread unfortunately ended up being garbage.

There was some excellent information between those 9 threads (I understand there were a couple more started) but the relevant and good information would have only made up maybe 2-3 pages of one thread...... how about that.

If I was an exec at Either Akai or NI, I would be straight out embarrassed at the product representation. True professionals never rubbish the competition, they just win. These toys dont need all the gas bagging, they need to be jammed out on.

Both of these products are excellent, but you wouldn't know it from reading those threads.... all of them ... hundreds of posts.....

Ah well..
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIchlorian View Post
Tony bro? Why did you delete my 2 video threads though?
I can see locking them for the 7 day period you mentioned,but a complete delete.
Please reconsider bud.

This is a site about gear and the Mas 1.8 and REN are 2 exciting new products. Today is a big day for Maschine owners so naturally people are going to come to GS for the latest info and videos.
I totally agree with shutting the threads where people have done personal attacks.
But the threads with useful info should stay,just lock them for 7 days.

I respect your decision,but some aspects I hope you reconsider when you cool down.
If you ask me the best way to deal with the trolls would be to delete their comments within the posts,as they come in.
Because they are no longer allowed here. This is an indefinite suspension of those kinds of threads.

At this point, we are no longer allowing threads to discuss video clips, reviews, tutorials, or product demonstrations in the Hip Hop forum on these and other products. And, this is how we are moving forward.

However.... I think videos can be posted in the Video Vault:

Video Vault - Gearslutz.com

I think everyone has grown quite tired of the Hip Hop forum turning into the comments section of YouTube.

We are going to move forward like this for now, and will re-evaluate things as needed. But, we are going to be cracking down on the YouTube spamming and other kinds of abuses here site wide.
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear addict

I'd still like to discuss Akai rice cookers though...amazing a company can make 2 products that seem so unrelated, yet when combined , seem to fulfil so many of mans needs.
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear maniac

24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear maniac

This thread was pimp

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Gearslutz App
24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
legend
X2.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Yayyyy! It's like a virtual vacation.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Banned

This move was "Bout It, Bout It", declared Master P.
So necessary...
TonyBelmont
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012

As a follow up on the whole Youtube video stuff....

We are also announcing today that we have removed the ability of all members to embed YouTube videos in their signatures. This was a feature that was being abused by some members, and needed to go. And, now it has... a site wide removal.

Quote:
Due to overwhelming member demand/complaints, we've removed the ability to embed YouTube videos in signatures.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
Quote:
Because they are no longer allowed here. This is an indefinite suspension of those kinds of threads.

At this point, we are no longer allowing threads to discuss video clips, reviews, tutorials, or product demonstrations in the Hip Hop forum on these and other products. And, this is how we are moving forward.

However.... Videos can be posted in the Video Vault:

I think everyone has grown quite tired of the Hip Hop forum turning into the comments section of YouTube.

We are going to move forward like this for now, and will re-evaluate things as needed. But, we are going to be cracking down on the YouTube spamming and other kinds of abuses here site wide.
Interesting. I wonder how this will exactly help us move forward since most new products are announced with a video clip on YouTube.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MIDIchlorian
Quote:

However.... I think videos can be posted in the Video Vault:

Fair enough Tony,though I do hope you just consider my idea or merging all the threads instead of removing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Interesting. I wonder how this will exactly help us move forward since most new products are announced with a video clip on YouTube.

The video vault appears to be closed to non staff.
Obviously YouTube is a big part on how we all learn new Audio related stuff.
Any chance GS would confider a new video only sub forum?
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm pretty sure along with youtube the companies also release newsletters or have pages on their website with their products and information pertaining to.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Tony, I'm with you.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
As a follow up on the whole Youtube video stuff....

We are also announcing today that we have removed the ability of all members to embed YouTube videos in their signatures. This was a feature that was being abused by some members, and needed to go. And, now it has... a site wide removal.
Word! Soundcloud too!
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

On the flipside MidiChlorian I'm sorry that you had to feel the heat as well, especially when you have to the best of my knowledge tried to give as much unbiased knowledge as you are allowed to give related the maschine, even when it highlights something that may not be viewed as a positive.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

I just hope that after this 7 day respite is over there isn't an overwhelming flood of such threads.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Gear nut

Uh-oh Maschine trolls, look what you done did lol
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Gear maniac

Why this policy wasnt enforced to begin with I'll never know

Thanks all the same Tony

better late than never!!
TonyBelmont
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aristocrat View Post
I just hope that after this 7 day respite is over there isn't an overwhelming flood of such threads.
After the moratorium, we will have the following:

1 x Maschine discussion thread in the Hip Hop forum
1 x MPC RENN discussion thread in the Hip Hop forum

Both of these will be started by me at the appropriate times... No other discussion threads will be allowed on these products.

Quote:
New products are typically announced on the manufacturers website... not via Youtube. If it is a new product announcement solely via Youtube, a thread can be started in the New Product Alert.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Gear nut

This seems like a really irrationally decision to make! The 7 day thing is understandable, but the whole "no video" shit is on some Hilter/Kim Jong type shit!

You say "this forum is about so much more than these two products", and that's cool and perfectly understandable. But these two products are the newest thing out right now. What other gear has dropped? Avid Thunderbolt? So it's natural for the excitement. Yeah, the bitching and brand cheerleading is way out of hand, but to ban the informative vids indefinitely is completely overkill!

MPC2000XL, MPC2500, Maschine, Roland JV1010, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Digi 003, Pro Tools 10, AKG C214, KRK Rokit8's, PreSonus Eureka, Unitor8 MK-I, Monster Power Pro 2500
TonyBelmont
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
Why this policy wasnt enforced to begin with I'll never know

Thanks all the same Tony

better late than never!!
It takes time to come up with the right strategy to deal with specific problems. We had other measures in place that were mildly effective. But, I feel now is the time for more drastic measures to take place.
25th September 2012
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
After the moratorium, we will have the following:

1 x Maschine discussion thread in the Hip Hop forum
1 x MPC RENN discussion thread in the Hip Hop forum

Both of these will be started by me at the appropriate times... No other discussion threads will be allowed on these products.
Makes sense, that should cool everything down.
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search