Studio ergonomics
New Reply
Subscribe
Azamat Bagatov
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Banned

Studio ergonomics

Do you guys ever struggle with laying out the equipment in your studio? It seems that fof me, I can never get it 100% right. Theres always something out of reach.
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Jack of all Trades

You'll never have everything in arms reach. It's all about deciding what you use the most, and what's the most important where.

I clean my room daily to make sure everything is exactly where I need it to be.
KT1
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamat Bagatov View Post
Do you guys ever struggle with laying out the equipment in your studio? It seems that fof me, I can never get it 100% right. Theres always something out of reach.
I designed my new space for exactly this reason. It meant purchasing some more furniture. For exampled i have an analog poly in front of me - my screen raised in front of that. To my right i have an L shape desk which houses a Mono synth. A small modular sits beneath that. In front of me i have a second coffee table size desk that houses some pads and midi keyboard..The racks contain what is required more often than not. I guess its very much dependent on your set up.

I like threads like this though. Can you provide some detail around what your using and where abouts in the room your position is. Ie is there space behind..are the monitors on stands or a meter bridge?
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Lives for gear

I have pretty much everything I need within reach. Granted, I have long arms LOL. I think a good desk helps a ton. I built my own desk fram scratch and it solved a WORLD of ergonomics problems. Another thing that helps is having wood (or concrete, or anything other than carpet) flooring so you can wheel your chair around. For those little things that are just another 12" away, it makes them RIGHT THERE.
Three international #1 hit radio singles
Me: www.vonpimpenstein.com | Studio: www.feistychicken.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/chriscarterproducer
MIX RATES: Standard major label $700, Standard indie/unsigned $299(temporary price from $550), Promo $49-$99
30th May 2012
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

I got a desk that enables me to reach everythnig at arms reach. I can reach 48 rack mounted effects with ease. I have a Sterling Plan D desk. Its geared for mastering as it has a very low profile. Its great!!

Mixing And Mastering Studio -Professional Mixing & Mastering Studio Providing Online And Attended Sessions.
Mixed And Mastered Best Album Of The Year By En-Sound
30th May 2012
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

My carpet floor makes it pretty annoying to scoot around...thinking of getting one of those plastic floor mats to make it easier, anybody know what these run for? I think an organized setup can really help creativity so interested to see what others say

Competed in iStandard Boston.

@mitchgeist

mitch.geist@gmail.com
30th May 2012
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchGeist View Post
My carpet floor makes it pretty annoying to scoot around...thinking of getting one of those plastic floor mats to make it easier, anybody know what these run for? I think an organized setup can really help creativity so interested to see what others say
haha I've been thinking abt jackin the one at my office for a few weeks now lol. I've had a carpenter I know lined up for awhile to make me a desk but I can't figure out the exact dimensions or layout that I want. I'm in the middle of buying new gear also, so I want to have it in hand before making the designs. Ive been in this boat for awhile now and am finally about to get things how I want them!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search