Portamento Synth fills, and my Analogue fill Download
jeremycox
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Lives for gear

Portamento Synth fills, and my Analogue fill Download

Seems like lately that once every other week i've been making these portamento synth patches to layer into mixes for sessions. The ones i hear on the radio all sound the same and don't always work with the tempo of tracks. They also seem really digital.

I had already made a set of fills for a mix that go up 3 (or maybe 4) octaves and bounced off an entire octave for GS to DL if they want. They start on C and go to the next C. The tempo is 129.4 (if you need to easily line them up in your daw).

For the synth nerds its 1 triangle into a high pass filter then into a low pass filter. The LP cutoff is being modulated by a fast (10hz) triangle and the volume is being modulated by a nearly 20hz triangle. There is also an envelope on the lp cutoff to darken the patch up as the note sustains.
I didn't EQ, add tremolo, delay to these recordings because they may be less useful that way. To prepare i always add a time sync'd tremolo (i use dotted 1/2s a lot but thats just me, tremolo time out of stereo phase) and a mediumish delay, followed by a compressor with a fast attack and fast release. An ssl works well.

Anyone else have suggestions for these types of samples let me know? always looking to add to my library....

Idk if I can use dropbox for these types of DLs. If someone else have a better place to host let me know.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv61p6hikc...ad%20fills.aif
(hope the moderators don't mine me sharing my work product... I don't expect anything from posting this)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search