New Reply
Subscribe
lexxon
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Gear nut

Most realistic sounding keyboard or workstation

happy memorial day!!!!!!!!
i was wondering what is a better and more realistic sounding keyboard triton extreme, motif es6 or kurzweil. i also heard giga studio is very realistic sounding as well. i want to go both a sound module, 1 more synth/keyboard and one more software sampler/sound set with most realistic possible sounds.
peace out
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

motif
no ssl yet
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
no ssl yet

oasys but you'll pay for it.
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

lexxon
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Gear nut

thats why im here!!!!!!

thank\s guy for the solid advice, i have a lot of soft syths and samplers but they dont have that realistic sound. u know like i could go and hire someone in a million dollar studio sound. just for giving a mix a little filling out our drama and emotion.
to me nothing replaces tradional instuments and their sound and characteristics, fretting and air etc.......
no ssl yet
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
no ssl yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon
thank\s guy for the solid advice, i have a lot of soft syths and samplers but they dont have that realistic sound. u know like i could go and hire someone in a million dollar studio sound. just for giving a mix a little filling out our drama and emotion.
to me nothing replaces tradional instuments and their sound and characteristics, fretting and air etc.......

You dont need a million dollar studio.

NO guitar sound will beat a great guitar player with even a cheap guitar.

Same goes for Bass.

I'd use Ivory in place of a terrible piano, but I havent heard a B3 or rhodes in the synth world that beat out the real deal

It depends on what you are after.
lexxon
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Gear nut

to no SSL yet

thnks BTW i just like very realistic sounds to accompany traditional hip hop and r&b stuff. To give the song a more realistic instrument sound on certain songs and tracks, as if someone was playing the piece live but without any frills or color other than the natural sound of that traditional instrument.

Like a symphony, or classical pops and just normal traditional intruments as realistic as possible as a sound preset.
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

if you can't play well on the keyboard or don't know much about the instruments and how you arrange them, nothing will give you a great sound. for realistic sounds out of software/samples you'll need a lot of controllers, automation, great playing skills etc.
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Motif ES is the most real sounding IMO.
If your going the software route, nothing beats GigaStudio Sample Libraries, plus most modern virtual samplers and sample converters support the Giga format.
29th May 2006
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to ajfarber
Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
You dont need a million dollar studio.

NO guitar sound will beat a great guitar player with even a cheap guitar.

Same goes for Bass.

I'd use Ivory in place of a terrible piano, but I havent heard a B3 or rhodes in the synth world that beat out the real deal

It depends on what you are after.
Ivory IS the best fake piano out there. I like the Stienway samples best. If your a LOGIC user, you'll find the EVB3 plug in to be as close to a HAMMOND as you can get. A real organ player with 2 manuals, foot pedals and a volume pedal, could fool the ghost of Jimmy Smith. The RHODES plug in is good too.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search