Izotope iris
New Reply
Subscribe
Tnevz
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Izotope iris

Looks pretty dope. Ima download the demo tonight and see what's up.
From the looks of it, it uses a spectrograph so that you can select a particular sound or frequency from a sample.
I'm interested, but as it is a sampler, I'd really like to know how it works for drums.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/iris/
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
Looks pretty dope. Ima download the demo tonight and see what's up.
From the looks of it, it uses a spectrograph so that you can select a particular sound or frequency from a sample.
I'm interested, but as it is a sampler, I'd really like to know how it works for drums.

iZotope Iris | OVERVIEW
I jumped on this when I got an email from Timeandspace who are selling it at a introductory price of £99. But when I downloaded it it turns out that this is a cut down 'elements' version with very limited editing. This was not what I was led to believe when I ordered it so I sent off an email to TimeandSpace asking what's going on. If anyone is going to get this ( and it looks like a really great sound designer canvas) be aware that you are getting a cut down version.
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks to Ryan at Izotope the problem was cleared up very fast. This is really something special. It's deep and very creative. I have only scratched the surface but I am very excited about the possibilities. I will post back when I have spent more time with it.
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear Head

Hi everyone

We just want to express our reassurances that the serials we are selling are 100% for the full product. There was a blip at iZotope's end which caused the problem but as Zyzygis confirms, the guys there have sorted it out promptly.

Zyzygis - pleased to hear your initial impressions of Iris are so positive!

Regards
Time+Space
Tnevz
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Well after tinkering around with it for and hour or so I can say I found it very intuitive and alot like camel alchemy. Except I like the GUI on IRIS alot better.

BUT... There seems to be no way to really incorporate drum samples as a kit (granted I only played with it for an hour though). Alchemy does have a few kits stock... The demo of iris just had some "percussives"

It's definitely more of a cinematic instrument as it comes, stock. But it doesn't have to be, since you can add your own samples.
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well after tinkering around with it for and hour or so I can say I found it very intuitive and alot like camel alchemy. Except I like the GUI on IRIS alot better.

BUT... There seems to be no way to really incorporate drum samples as a kit (granted I only played with it for an hour though). Alchemy does have a few kits stock... The demo of iris just had some "percussives"

It's definitely more of a cinematic instrument as it comes, stock. But it doesn't have to be, since you can add your own samples.

@TimeandSpace
Thanks for posting, nice to know you are keeping us informed.

Yes I am very impressed with Iris, but I miss having longer lfo sync times and would love to see more mod options. Also it would be great to be able to sync the timeline axis to beats for rhythmic samples and looping.
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Gear addict

defiantly have to cop this.
KT1
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

I've slept on this, I'm starting to think this could be a really unique tool for sound design.

Can someone describe a basic workflow and key features - Let's assume i have a MONO recording of a small band playing a great arranagment.

Thanks
Tnevz
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT1 View Post
I've slept on this, I'm starting to think this could be a really unique tool for sound design.

Can someone describe a basic workflow and key features - Let's assume i have a MONO recording of a small band playing a great arranagment.

Thanks
I'd cop the demo if I were you.
I didn't buy it, but it is definitely a
Sound design tool, and a cool one at that.
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
defiantly have to cop this.
you rebel, you
KT1
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd cop the demo if I were you.
I didn't buy it, but it is definitely a
Sound design tool, and a cool one at that.
I love it! It's like a granular synth but you can extract the content from the audio. Also messing with it as a filter on snippets of audio. Crazy sweeps etc very cool! Pads with this thing is nuts!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Gearslutz App
KT1
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoak View Post
you rebel, you
Still killing me with the one liners.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Gearslutz App
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search