The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012
New Reply
Subscribe
JoRillo
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Jack of all Trades

The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012

I can't believe no one has started one of these yet... Here we go!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-far-out-close.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-close-up-small.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-mic-shot-small.jpg  
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

yeah looks like you're making moves. Next up, some outboard. Digging the monitor stands.
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
I can't believe no one has started one of these yet...

So here I go...

Attachment 283845

Attachment 283846

Attachment 283847

If anyone remembers my spot from last year... you'll know I am very happy with where I am right now.
Nice dude. You've come some way on the gear front! Haha. Agree those diy monitor stands look dope.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Gearslutz App
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Lots of blood and sweat went into building this place.

I'm very happy with it. It's extremely accurate acoustically.
Three international #1 hit radio singles
Me: www.vonpimpenstein.com | Studio: www.feistychicken.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/chriscarterproducer
MIX RATES: Standard major label $700, Standard indie/unsigned $299(temporary price from $550), Promo $49-$99
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to awhitebeats
Niceeeee! Will post some pictures soon!
JoRillo
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Jack of all Trades

Awesome place there chris! Some pictures I haven't seen before.
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to Danny Downer
The place I work at! I'll shoot some more of my homerig soon!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-test2.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-fadershot.jpg  
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Gear Head

Here it is The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1332800202.981401.jpg

The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1332800245.666242.jpg
JoRillo
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
Jack of all Trades

^ Very nice you two!

Danny - what's under your screen? lol First thing directly under it. How you liken the MCU? I'm thinking about getting one.
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

:D that's the air ventilation!

MCU the owner likes them very much I dont reall use them!

Im a mouse guy!
KT1
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post

Lots of blood and sweat went into building this place.

I'm very happy with it. It's extremely accurate acoustically.
Absolutely Lovely! What an achievement. I know it's been a while Chris but that is the dream space for a lot of us. From your news letter it looks like you continue to move from stren to stren! I love spaces like this that are designed not only for functionality but also for the vibe! Makes such a HUGE difference. Do you still toot the horn? If i remember you were a very competent trumpet player? sorry to veer a little OP.
KT1
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerkhk View Post
Really like the darkwood finish on the MOOG. I went for a lighter finish remnant of the oldschool. Yummy racks too!
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT1 View Post
Absolutely Lovely! What an achievement. I know it's been a while Chris but that is the dream space for a lot of us. From your news letter it looks like you continue to move from stren to stren! I love spaces like this that are designed not only for functionality but also for the vibe! Makes such a HUGE difference. Do you still toot the horn? If i remember you were a very competent trumpet player? sorry to veer a little OP.
Yup. Chris' place is really nice. I did a session with him last year. He really knows his setup well. Great knowledgable guy!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Gearslutz App
28th March 2012
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks guys!

Yes, I still play the trumpet….rarely…. I am nowhere anywhere remotely close to what I was in high school and college when I won awards as a player. In fact, I recently found some old recordings and I was listening thinking “good God, I was THAT GOOD? Why the hell did I stop?!?!?!” LOL. These days my fingers are a little slow, and my lips last about 20 minutes. But I can eek out simpler stuff with multiple takes (and possibly some editing! LOL!!!!!!!!)

I spent an insane amount of time dealing with color. Things like fabric, flooring, etc. you only have limited options. I used my wife to help me with paint color. We bought like 5 or 6 samples based on the general yellow color I was thinking of to go with the other predetermined colors. In a room with no windows you really have to turn on the lights you’ll use and evaluate carefully. Overall I’m very happy with how comfortable it feels in there. I can spend forever in there and not go bonkers… I couldn’t do that with the old studio in L.A. – would quickly go insane there.

e-are: I think when you were here I had just barely had the studio up and running for a little while and the iso booth wasn’t finished. It’s now finished. The wall between it and the control room has great isolation, but the wall between it and the hallway was a little leaky (it was a pre-existing wall) so I tore it down and redid it up with 703 inside. More importantly, the room is air-tight and I didn’t have any circulation in there yet. Due to some technical restrictions, I couldn’t run central air into there and I didn’t want to add a mini-split so I built a giant air isolator maze thingy box. There’s a fan that pulls air from outside the booth in the hallway into the booth, and then returns the air back outside, all without letting any sound through. Took a while to build and it works insanely well… in fact I think the damn maze box has better isolation than the wall! If anyone needs advice on building one of those, let me know and I’ll tell you what I learned. And of course now the booth is wired up and I built a talkback switch into the desk. I rarely ever use the booth – it will likely serve most of its duty as a playroom for my son when I have horrible deadlines LOL. But I’ve had a couple singers in there and it’s a freakin’ dream J
28th March 2012
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Yes, I still play the trumpet….rarely…. I am nowhere anywhere remotely close to what I was in high school and college when I won awards as a player. In fact, I recently found some old recordings and I was listening thinking “good God, I was THAT GOOD? Why the hell did I stop?!?!?!” LOL. These days my fingers are a little slow, and my lips last about 20 minutes. But I can eek out simpler stuff with multiple takes (and possibly some editing! LOL!!!!!!!!)

I spent an insane amount of time dealing with color. Things like fabric, flooring, etc. you only have limited options. I used my wife to help me with paint color. We bought like 5 or 6 samples based on the general yellow color I was thinking of to go with the other predetermined colors. In a room with no windows you really have to turn on the lights you’ll use and evaluate carefully. Overall I’m very happy with how comfortable it feels in there. I can spend forever in there and not go bonkers… I couldn’t do that with the old studio in L.A. – would quickly go insane there.

e-are: I think when you were here I had just barely had the studio up and running for a little while and the iso booth wasn’t finished. It’s now finished. The wall between it and the control room has great isolation, but the wall between it and the hallway was a little leaky (it was a pre-existing wall) so I tore it down and redid it up with 703 inside. More importantly, the room is air-tight and I didn’t have any circulation in there yet. Due to some technical restrictions, I couldn’t run central air into there and I didn’t want to add a mini-split so I built a giant air isolator maze thingy box. There’s a fan that pulls air from outside the booth in the hallway into the booth, and then returns the air back outside, all without letting any sound through. Took a while to build and it works insanely well… in fact I think the damn maze box has better isolation than the wall! If anyone needs advice on building one of those, let me know and I’ll tell you what I learned. And of course now the booth is wired up and I built a talkback switch into the desk. I rarely ever use the booth – it will likely serve most of its duty as a playroom for my son when I have horrible deadlines LOL. But I’ve had a couple singers in there and it’s a freakin’ dream J
You got a really nice place man but u know that anyways
JoRillo
14th April 2012
Old 14th April 2012
Jack of all Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Downer View Post
Wheres the home rig Danny?
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear maniac

Ghettttttttooooooo BOI!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-securedownload.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-hr.jpg  
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

2 calculators..... ballin
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
2 calculators..... ballin
Gotta do online calculas homework in between beats haha
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News View Post
Gotta do online calculas homework in between beats haha
haha repect to that bro.
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear Head

Just a beat production set up so far until I have my own house/space.
LOVING MY MOTIF as a workstation and controller.
Want to upgrade from the fast track ultra but gets the job done for now, no rush.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334462897.649557.jpg  
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News View Post
Ghettttttttooooooo BOI!
That's better then what I started with

(20$ mic from Walmart, straight into laptop, using MAGIX music maker)
Takes time ...
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_amador View Post
That's better then what I started with

(20$ mic from Walmart, straight into laptop, using MAGIX music maker)
Takes time ...
... There isn't 1 person I grew up with who's still involved with audio today that can say they didn't start things out by using some type of ghetto stuff.

It's practically a rite of passage.
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear is over-rated

15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear addict

Damn you guys make my macbook pro/mobilepre interface setup look like a kids toy worst part is i cant even use my casio keyboard as a midi controller because there are only drivers for windows not mac

oh look, typhy posted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Downer View Post
Where do you work at man? and what do you do?

Quote:
Thanks guys!

This doesn't have anything to do with studios but I have a couple questions for you. How hard do you think it is for someone with no brass, woodwind, etc. experience to learn at least the basics of something like the trumpet? My only musical experience is with guitar, bass and piano so I'm really not sure how big of a learning curve there is when blowing your instruments to get the notes
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
Wheres the home rig Danny?
Damn man I still haven't found the time to hang my acoustic modules and im still waiting for my new interface etc...

But sooon 1-2 weeks Ill show it to you and the rest of the world...
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIMobster View Post
Where do you work at man? and what do you do?
I work at this studio and I am the First engineer in there!
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear addict

Ok, here's the mobile traveling rig. All analogue, portable......
Have vintage, will travel......
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334484801.099625.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334484824.213457.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334484840.272549.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334484863.046987.jpg   The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-imageuploadedbygearslutz1334484888.549100.jpg  

15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

simple setup
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Show Us Your Studio: 2012-photo-1-.jpg  
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear addict

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search