This Has Me Stumped!!!
Old 19th March 2012
Gear nut

This Has Me Stumped!!!

Okay So I am usually the sit there and try and figure it out type of engineer but i also like to gain knowledge on how to fix the problem... with the singer on the track it feels like his voice just keeps getting airy.. ItS So Weird Im Trying to draw the full On the track sound. Let me know if you all can help me on this one!
Thanks In Advance
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 to You Refrence.mp3 (1.38 MB, 43 views)
Old 19th March 2012
Gear nut

Do You ALl Understand what I'm saying?
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

You might have been too drastic with cutting the low-end on the vocals, try taking it back a bit. Also, what really sticks out for me is the sibilance on the vocals. You might want to use a de-esser, or take down the sibilance with a really fine EQ band.
Old 19th March 2012
KT1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFiend804 View Post
Okay So I am usually the sit there and try and figure it out type of engineer but i also like to gain knowledge on how to fix the problem... with the singer on the track it feels like his voice just keeps getting airy.. ItS So Weird Im Trying to draw the full On the track sound. Let me know if you all can help me on this one!
Thanks In Advance
Its more than just the vocal. The EQ on the track has a lot of top end noise or distortion which is also blending and adding to the sibilance.

Re think the EQ and sort out the sibilance.
Old 19th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT1 View Post
Its more than just the vocal. The EQ on the track has a lot of top end noise or distortion which is also blending and adding to the sibilance.

Re think the EQ and sort out the sibilance.
Okay ill try tweaking the eq.
thanks so far
Old 20th March 2012
Gear nut

Still Not Sounding Right

Has Anyone else ever had this problem I'm trying to get him clear but it sounds like too airy and what not>?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search