FL almost appears to have been made for Trap beats
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yep
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

I've seen most of these guys come through studios in my town.. You name them and i've pretty much seen their setup... Fruity Loops and a whole lot of cracked VSTs... i've guys that are in the industry heavy..come to the studio with their $500 laptops with $40,000 worth of plugins and Fruity Loops... I know people do what have to do...but i don't respect that..
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Gear maniac

Hey,I also wonderd the same thing. Do you guys thank FL studio is the main go to Software for Trap beats. I mean I know Reason can produce trap beats also or any other software for that purpose. Its the producer who is making the track who predicts the out come of the beat. As for trap sounds,I myself see alot more producers in FL studio with all the VST'S that can be gotten legal and illlegal,compared to refills for Reason and sounds in Logic.
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Hilarious!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Gearslutz App
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

I think that it's one of the cheapest, most readily available programs. So someone starting out and on a budget naturally gravitates toward it.
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

It's like Dayl said. It's almost made for that. I'm sure that wasn't image lines initial intent. But I think a few producers started using it and just stumbled upon the fact that it's perfect for that kind of music.
But It's useful for music outside of that as well.

BTW....Less major artists are looking for trap beats. I've seen a couple a&r's on twitter say "NO trap beats please" Lately. Which only makes sense because there's a ton of producers doing nothing but trap.
I mean, making a trap beat is fun, and it's almost like instant gratification because the sounds, particularly the drums, are easy to pick out, they're about the same in every beat. And the drums, because they don't take up much space in the mix, usually allow for the beatmaker to add other stuff pretty easily without too much processing or mixing. But, it's easy to fall into doing the same type of beats over and over with it. And in that case, your not really finding your own sound, but just doing what every one else is doing just for the sake of making some money. Long term, that's probably not good for you or anybody else.

There was already a ton of trap beats being made, but then Lex Luger made it big and even more people thought "that's the ticket".
I think it's really all about finding your own sound and staying on the grind.

I mainly use Logic, and it's definitley capable of making trap beats. Although its not as quick as fl studio for this. It works pretty well.
Reason would probably be the closest to fl in terms of sequencing. Although fls sequencer is more friendly the routing options in reason are ridiculous.
Rightstar
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Gear Head

I make all mine in protools but there's always something that fl has over pro tools and that is tightness
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Gear addict

I don't think FL Studio was made for Trap Music. I think Trap Music was made DUE to FL Studio. Those guys exploited what was available with the tool they could get easily and Trap Music is the bastard child result.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Hey guys I seen trap music made in Logic, I seen it made on MPC 4000s as well. Stop ragging on guys, its a sub genre of hiphop, let it live.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Trap music is made using ANY sequencer with a piano roll or grid, which is all of them.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

I mean let's be honest though.
I'd venture to say At least 75% of trap beats are made in fl studio.
You can make trap beats in Logic and on an mpc. But it's not near as quick and easy as it is in fl studio. If it was, dudes making trap beats would be raving about MPC's and Logic.
Hobbs_Won
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Hobbs_Won

another thread full of baseless assumptions on FL Studio.....

News Flash.....

Live has been cracked

Reason has been cracked

Nuendo has been cracked

Reaper...a DIRT cheap DAW to begin with, has been cracked..

even Pro Tools which is useless without proprietary hardware has been cracked.

ALL the DAW's have been cracked.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightstar View Post
Example - beat billionaire for instance
Beat Bilionaire aka Raz uses Reason.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear
Trap can be made with anything...I have no problem with trap beats, some of them can be really original and have smackin drums..it still all depends on the producer. No program, tool, plugin, DAW, or anything is going to make you a good producer. Its easy to recognize trap beat that took a couple days to make as opposed to a 10 minute one.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchGeist View Post
Trap can be made with anything...I have no problem with trap beats, some of them can be really original and have smackin drums..it still all depends on the producer. No program, tool, plugin, DAW, or anything is going to make you a good producer. Its easy to recognize trap beat that took a couple days to make as opposed to a 10 minute one.
The above quote basically made all the points I was thinking but on top of that I'll add that FL lends itself to trap music cuz u can jump into it knowing very little about music. The quantization is done for u so there's no need to know about timing or anything of the like. I know because 10 years ago I was that guy...since then I've learned alot of the ins and outs but still use FL cuz of familiarity and ease. Basically any joe schmoe can jump on and make decent music(I know that's a debatable statement) without any formal training.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

If you look at most of the "Trap" producers... they're all young... so they most likely couldn't afford any high-end software... so being resourceful , they resort to using Fruity Loops..... saying Fruity Loops is the best software for Trap music is just like saying "Logic is the best software for Dub-step" You have to remember.. DJ Toomp and Three Six mafia are the pioneers of the "Trap" sound..and they were strictly hardware
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone making trap muzak on MPCs?
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Try zaytoven and shawty red for mpc users who do trap music. That being said fruity loops wont make u hot. If ya beats suck fruity loops wont turn you into jahlil beats or cardiak overnight.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

You're all right. It would be silly to assume that trap beats are FL exclusive.

However, FL is unparalleled when it comes to what I would call 'Trap beat phrasing ' nothing comes close. Couple that with a 10 second learning curve and a feverish fan base/support and we have a trap beat phenomena ......hide your kids.....
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Trap music is made on anything. I still use FL with VSTs on PC. On Mac I use Logic 9 and Reason 5 but I mainly use a MPC 4K and a few synths for hardware.

As of producer, gotta be flexible and have a huge variety of options and you're good. FL is just easier to sequence and you just tell it what to do. Hardware, it's all hands on!
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown1music View Post
Try zaytoven and shawty red for mpc users who do trap music. That being said fruity loops wont make u hot. If ya beats suck fruity loops wont turn you into jahlil beats or cardiak overnight.
Don't leave out Drumma Boy..... He swears by the MPC4000
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
Don't leave out Drumma Boy..... He swears by the MPC4000
+1 and that Virus w/ iMac everywhere he go
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear maniac

I make my trap style beats on Live

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Gearslutz.com
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Anyone making trap muzak on MPCs?
Trap beats started on MPCs
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
Trap beats started on MPCs
I agree
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:

However, FL is unparalleled when it comes to what I would call 'Trap beat phrasing ' nothing comes close. ...
Out of interest (I use Cubase and have never even seen FL in the wild...) can you expand on this, pls?
12th March 2012
Old 12th March 2012
Gear nut

i make all my trap beats in sonar and my pop beats in studio one and my r and b beats in pro tools
12th December 2012
Old 12th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
lol cmon dude...u cant be serious, any DAW will do whatever genre of music u want to make
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search