Login / Register

What type of facebook page for record label?
New Reply
Subscribe
Azamat Bagatov
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Banned

What type of facebook page for record label?

Out of the three:

local business or place
artist, band, or public figure
company, organization, or institution... i'm guessing this one.

I don't really want to post much music on this website, I'd rather just have a name for example "XYZrecords.com" so that it has it's facebook counterpart. The website would also exist XYZ Records - Accueil.

Also, any other tips
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear maniac

I understand you dont want much music n things on there. But ive done a few of these pages for various things. IF it were me this is what id do,...

Facebook pages are a really cool way to reach new people. cos you can advertise and target specific groups of people such as musicians. You need a great and visual welcome page, which asks the audience to add or like your page. you need links to your website and any other social networking places. You need one of the music players such as soundcloud or Bandpage (which is excellent for adding a bit of colour to the thing) to demonstrate your work. Also photos really bring it to life.

Its a little bit of work to get it going. the more elaborate the better. but if your not on facebook your missing out. Certainly in the future. This site is big and its here to stay.
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

If you just want to be searchable for potential clients and not much more (hours, location, rates, etc)...Local business

If you plan to promote your talent and are often involved in one or more creative side of music...Artist

If you employ a lot of people and they would associate themselves with you...Company.

That's just how I would look at it. The less effort you put behind it, the less it matters (not necessarily bad IMO).
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear maniac

Just incase you haven't seen the changes:

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/7...ng-businesses/

Second link I found having read stuff but not sure where - there might be better articles out there - but should give you a taste. The most important thing is you can no longer have a custom landing tab showing your music player etc, rendering services such as BandPage and Fanbridge's DamnTheRadio tab quite a lot less effective ('like' for content is no more as of the end of March).

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search