T Minus the Producer
New Reply
Subscribe
TYPHY
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Gear is over-rated

T Minus the Producer

Does he have a soundclick or some page for us to listen to all his beats that he has for sale? I love his work.. he's becoming one of my fav producers out right now.
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

mmm nahh I don't think he's on SoundClick lol. You can probably go to his wiki or something to see all his credits
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Gear maniac

He has a page on youtube, search for him on there, not sure if it's still active though.

But yeah great producer, probably my favourite current hiphop producer since last year.

Still learning!
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

Nah I don't think he'd be on soundclick. He came up with boi 1da and in turn with that, drake and 40.
I've read a bit on dude. And that I'm on one joint, from what he said, was a big collaborative process that him, 40, Khaled, and some others where involved in. I think that synth track, as easy as it sounds, was a lot more difficult to get right than most people think...so that it doesn't get repetitive thruout the whole track.

Im sure drake, 40 and boi 1 da we're pretty integral for him to get to where he's at now though. I don't think he'd deny that. Not that he's riding coat tails. He's just taking advantage of the great opportunities that are in front of him, all while finishing college. lol
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

whats so great about him?... his sound is just like Boi 1das and other dirty south clones
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
whats so great about him?... his sound is just like Boi 1das and other dirty south clones
Actually I find it's a cross between what 40 and boi 1 da.
T minus tends to drench the melody or synth line in reverb and maybe some delay and he automates filters/eq (40 probably influenced this whether it was a conscious thing or not), his drums are essentially dirty south drums with a couple minor exceptions that make his tracks stand out a bit.
It's all pretty fluid.

1da's style is usually a lil more Staccatto. Like drakes 'headlines' although 'not afraid' wasn't like that, that was a bit of a departure from his norm.
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

that shit he had with tpain n wayne was nice, i liked the string composition (or sample?)..but yea he has that boi1da/drake camp sound..which is an extension of the south and other regions. Even though regional hiphop still exists I think the boundaries are becoming more transparent as time goes on.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search