Login / Register

Is it too harsh ? Can't tell, please listen and give advice.
New Reply
Subscribe
Zacchino
7th May 2006
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Is it too harsh ? Can't tell, please listen and give advice.

I'm producing a track right now, but I can't distinguish what is too harsh and what is too muddy in the hi frequencies.
There's lot of synth going on in it, so the deal is to give the right frequency space to the right synth.

Can you take a look at it and give me some advice on how to handle this so it doesn't sound too digital ?

Any ideas are welcomed, if you have the time.
Zacchino
8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Ok I just heard the beat in a friend's setup (with FAR monitors, whereas mine are JBL), and it's just the Juno that is too muddy.
8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
Gear addict

this is probably a sign that your room acoustics have problems.
8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to azwun25 Send a message via Yahoo to azwun25
where's the track?
8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
Gear addict

<---- been thinking the same thing...
Zacchino
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

>this is probably a sign that your room acoustics have problems.

Well, I have LSR 6428P with the Room Mode Control kit, that is supposed to "fix" room acoustics issues.

I've read in SOS reviews that it's working good for the bass, but not for the hi frequencies.

I'm in a squared room, the speakers are against a wall (bad bad), now that I'm moving to another appartment, I'll just setup the monitors in the middle of the room. It'll be a bedroom studio, so no acoustic treatment (if you have any idea of how I can setup a *cheap* accoustic treatment, let me know).

Thanx alot DiscoD for your time btw !

Here's the track again :
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

synth sounds are awesome. The drums are just not in my face enough. the kick is not knocking enough..did you HPF the synths? I like this beat's potential. what synths did you rock on it?
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The drums are just not in my face enough. the kick is not knocking enough..
because it's limited/clipped to death.

i'd like to hear it without all that limiting on the 2buss.
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

Beat is definitely the Sh*t when the synth come in with the reverse wave sound.
Hell of a potential. Can't wait to hear the finished product.
Zacchino
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The drums are just not in my face enough. the kick is not knocking enough
I know, they're loud enough, but just not mixed well. I'll just mix it when everything is layed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrax
because it's limited/clipped to death.
i'd like to hear it without all that limiting on the 2buss.
My bad ^^, I've thrown a Voxengo's Elephant for the moment, just to see how sound get embedded. I'll be posting the extract without the limiter soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd
Hell of a potential. Can't wait to hear the finished product.
THANX !!! I love it too... It's not really my style (synthetic based structures), but this one really worth a song IMO.

Here's the synths :
Static low bass & Chords = reFX JunoX²
"Stellar" Pistol Synth = NI Pro-52

I keep you up soon when I'm done with the intro and something I've added that makes it somewhat more... You'll find the words yourself I guess.
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Gear addict

you can make cheap acoustic treatments by wrapping Owens Corning 703 rigid fiberglass (or the equivalent in your country) with fabric, hot gluing it like you are wrapping a present, and put them everywhere in your room, especially in the corners - will help you a lot no matter what room size esp if you have nothing in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacchino
>this is probably a sign that your room acoustics have problems.

Well, I have LSR 6428P with the Room Mode Control kit, that is supposed to "fix" room acoustics issues.

I've read in SOS reviews that it's working good for the bass, but not for the hi frequencies.

I'm in a squared room, the speakers are against a wall (bad bad), now that I'm moving to another appartment, I'll just setup the monitors in the middle of the room. It'll be a bedroom studio, so no acoustic treatment (if you have any idea of how I can setup a *cheap* accoustic treatment, let me know).

Thanx alot DiscoD for your time btw !

Here's the track again :
Zacchino
9th May 2006
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco D
you can make cheap acoustic treatments by wrapping Owens Corning 703 rigid fiberglass (or the equivalent in your country) with fabric, hot gluing it like you are wrapping a present, and put them everywhere in your room, especially in the corners - will help you a lot no matter what room size esp if you have nothing in there.
Oh that's just great ! I've found their website . I'll call them to see if they can ship this dope overseas... Thanx alot DiscoD !

dtrax, I've took off the limiting (I've just put a brikwall limiter so the whole thing doesn't peak). Can you tell me if it's more wild mixed on your monitors ?

I still have some work on the static juno bass. It's still too muddy. I've highpassed it @ 80hz, but I guess I'll have to make a volume automation to imbed it with the other sounds.

Big 3rd, here's what I've done so far :
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 stellar_battle_V2.mp3 (685.3 KB, 573 views)

Last edited by Zacchino; 10th May 2006 at 03:29 AM..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search