"Best" overall MPC
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative69 View Post
LOL come you aint hearing that "BUILT IN SYNTH" on no records trust me.
Please understand that the 4K has akai's most powerful sampler EVER inside of it, do the research.
I'm sure people used the synth on the 5000 on records. The Alchemist used the 5000 synth a lot on the Cookbook. There was an interview somewhere where he bigged it up.
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Dude its a 3 osc analog modelling synth with all controls there i front on knobs and sliders.Hours and hours of tweekin fun and experimentation.Dont get me wrong but its well flexible and id choose it over a softy any day.Why not on track?tracks are so good nowadays with analog and all edit-makes me laugh when a lot of music being sold now comes st8 from the ipad mini ect.5k is a real hardware synth.jusayin..
I hear you not trying to be pompous but to me built-in synths dont maketh MPC,
its all about the workflow.That's what Nukai did wrong IMHO. Saying that I have an MV8800 which has a built-in AM synth too, I suppose if I did not own other synth I would probably use it.

P.S The MV is for sale, PM me if interested.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Banned

Buying an MPC today.....go with the Studio.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

^
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
maybe learn to use the ones you have already before buying something else.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude its a 3 osc analog modelling synth with all controls there i front on knobs and sliders.Hours and hours of tweekin fun and experimentation.Dont get me wrong but its well flexible and id choose it over a softy any day.Why not on track?tracks are so good nowadays with analog and all edit-makes me laugh when a lot of music being sold now comes st8 from the ipad mini ect.5k is a real hardware synth.jusayin..
+1 from me...I totaly agree though I use differnt hardware, I have the MV 8800 and its only a two osc synth. none the less the option to have and modify a synth in the device really makes a difference in the work flow. also, if you find a synth sound that works better from elsewhere you can always trigger it with the MP/MV sequencer. a trick I use from my MV synth is basicly building the attack of layers(not much delay, sustain, and no release from my envelops in the MV)and from my synths I add other elements to thickin up the sound. turns out to be some great layered synth kicks and basslines and since i can program the sequence that leaves my hands free to tweak peramiters in real time.
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldorado_p View Post
I'm sure people used the synth on the 5000 on records. The Alchemist used the 5000 synth a lot on the Cookbook. There was an interview somewhere where he bigged it up.
Yeah we all know how nukai love to pay people to big up their stuff!
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
Find a 4000!
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative69 View Post
Yeah we all know how nukai love to pay people to big up their stuff!
So what is the exact problem youve been having with the 5k synth?This is a technical forum and it would be good to clarify facts over fiction.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
So what is the exact problem youve been having with the 5k synth?This is a technical forum and it would be good to clarify facts over fiction.
Im in no need of assistance I have been using hardware since the days of old and continue to do so among the sea of ITB converters. I dont own a 5k why would I down grade? Surely not for a built in synth when I have a room full of real synths. Hope that clears it up.
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
might help if your read the previous posts!
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Im no MPCist but I like the 1000 w/ JJOS2XL, great features, cheap, fun as hell, and if it gets beer on it at the show OH WELL just get a new one
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search