Parametic Eq Plugins
Stress Man
Thread Starter
#1
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #1
Gear maniac
 
Stress Man's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Parametic Eq Plugins

Can someone give me the low down on Parametic Eq Plugins??
#2
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #2
Gear addict
 
ShamansDream's Avatar
 

How DOWN did you wanna get?

EQ is an EQ is an EQ till you hear what you like:
Colored vs transparent, simple vs trick interface, radial vs surgical...

What do you really wanna know?
#3
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #3
Gear nut
 

Give us all you ve got!

I like a lot of non pros struggle to see why differnt eq's sound different why all they are doing is boosting of cutting frequencies.

If you could explain the areas you mentioned that would be much appreciated
#4
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 

sonalksis.
#5
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #5
Gear addict
 
ShamansDream's Avatar
 

List of available EQ's:

Standard Digirack EQ's: no feedback on the interface yet very transparent.

Digi EQIII: also very transparent and a high quality EQ.

Waves Qnn: an every day EQ, transparent and good interface.

Waves RenEQ: A little colored, decent interface.

Bomb Factory Pultec Bundle: Excellent tube emulation EQ (my new fav!) Subtle and simple.

Izotope Ozone 3: Nice interface with spectul meter in the background. Transparent and a lot of control (second fav).

Waves Linear Phase Broadband and Lowband EQ: Steep LP and HP filter curves with good control. Lowband is good to eliminate low frequencies when they are not needed.

T-Racks... Absolute junk! (IMHO) Very colored and inaccurate interface.

Disclaimers...
Waves has a totally corrupt policy called WUP that I in no way support. If I did it all over again, Waves would be the last company I would support by giving them my hard earned money. Being a hobbyist, Waves is now a liability rather than a tool. I will not instantiate Waves in any new projects. $2K absolutely wasted! Worst money I've ever spent!

I will give the Pultec a "buy" rating if you can get it for a good price. I got mine for $12.50 in the limited time ProTools LE v7 plus upgrade program. I wouldn't pay MSRP for it.

I give Izotope a "Best Buy" as the plugin is SO VERSITILE for the money. Their 64bit bundle is a steal at $299-/street price.

Do you want to see your EQ working? Get the Elemental Audio Inspector XL. Awesome metering for only $89-. Good folk to deal with.

#6
30th April 2006
Old 30th April 2006
  #6
Lives for gear
 
djui5's Avatar
 

only eq's I use are EQ3 and the pultec bundle. I use filter bank for filters, and occasionally para eq duties.

oh..smassey's eq is awesome. I haven't purchased it yet though, and the demo resets when you close a session..
Stress Man
Thread Starter
#7
1st May 2006
Old 1st May 2006
  #7
Gear maniac
 
Stress Man's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamansDream
How DOWN did you wanna get?

EQ is an EQ is an EQ till you hear what you like:
Colored vs transparent, simple vs trick interface, radial vs surgical...

What do you really wanna know?
I really to chage the tone and feel of some of my sample sound esp. My Drums.
Which you I look for a something like a Tube tech or a plugin??
#8
1st May 2006
Old 1st May 2006
  #8
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
Masalec MEA2 or Massenburg GML8200 and you will be done with the eq thing forever! Perhaps both and you will be one of the ultimate gearslutz heroes!

please correct me if i am wrong!

oh and when you are as poor as me you will find ozone and the urs plug in eqs very useful! they are really far from the two hardware units above but good!
#9
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #9
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
favourite mixing eq for character & colour: URS API and Neve plugins (don´t care much about their SSL and Pultec emus altought they are nice too)

favourite for mastering & "expensive" precision: UAD Precision EQ

Rock on!
Pat
#10
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #10
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboys
favourite mixing eq for character & colour: URS API and Neve plugins (don´t care much about their SSL and Pultec emus altought they are nice too)

favourite for mastering & "expensive" precision: UAD Precision EQ

Rock on!
Pat
also a nice Q for mastering should be the PSP Neon HR! Just heard incredible stuff about it!

But nothing competes with the highend hardware, believe me!
#11
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #11
Lives for gear
Ozone is incredible. I love that plug so much, it's one of the best I have used for making a home master.
#12
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #12
Lives for gear
 
reinvention.of.man's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamansDream
Disclaimers...
Waves has a totally corrupt policy called WUP that I in no way support. If I did it all over again, Waves would be the last company I would support by giving them my hard earned money. Being a hobbyist, Waves is now a liability rather than a tool. I will not instantiate Waves in any new projects. $2K absolutely wasted! Worst money I've ever spent!
I hate Waves! dfegad
#13
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #13
Lives for gear
 
feyshay's Avatar
 

You'd be hard-pressed to find a better Mastering Equalizer in that price range than PSP Neon HR. Neon can be used on tracks, also, and is quite nice.
For more color--Hydratone seems nice, although I don't really get the hype.
Eqium by Elemental Audio is an excellent equalizer--definitely worth a demo.
Gliss EQ by Voxengo is a nicely priced track equalizer.
#14
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #14
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Ozone is incredible. I love that plug so much, it's one of the best I have used for making a home master.
I can't understand why so many people dislike this one! I am totally with you! Ozone is great, also for important single tracks!
Stress Man
Thread Starter
#15
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #15
Gear maniac
 
Stress Man's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Tube Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj
Masalec MEA2 or Massenburg GML8200 and you will be done with the eq thing forever! Perhaps both and you will be one of the ultimate gearslutz heroes!

please correct me if i am wrong!

oh and when you are as poor as me you will find ozone and the urs plug in eqs very useful! they are really far from the two hardware units above but good!

Are the Tube Techs worth looking into??
#16
2nd May 2006
Old 2nd May 2006
  #16
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress Man
Are the Tube Techs worth looking into??
Do not know them, but heard very good things about the Crane Song and Summit EQs, too!
Stress Man
Thread Starter
#17
8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
  #17
Gear maniac
 
Stress Man's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
no ssl yet / Music Computers
12
mastermix / Music Computers
0
Big 3rd / Music Computers
6
jazzbutcher / Music Computers
18
TOR / Music Computers
2

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.