Akai Pro to announce the MPC RENAISSANCE
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 14th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIchlorian View Post
The new pads seem hella responsive woooooot
The pads are "supposed" to work properly.
Old 14th February 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Maddox View Post
I didn't want to say it... because I don't want to hate more than i already have.

But yea, the pads are supposed to be responsive like that.

What you are seeing now, however, is a bunch of dudes who have been burnt by Nukai with the MPD and MPK controllers pads which were AWFUL... So years later... they get it right and it's relatively amazing now.

My fat pad mod works fine on my controller. So the pads alone aren't going to justify me purchasing one.

Unless of course the fancy backlighting reels me in... And that is really what I render the purpose of this video down too... Alot of "OOOOHHH" factor going on.

Maybe somebody who dumped a couple tabs of LSD will be sold after watching that video. *shrugs*
Old 16th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
They just improved upon the best pad design every created. Don't hate. lol No one will think any less of you that you are still an MV user.

psss...I've read your comments over at the quiet MV spot. lol
Old 16th February 2012
Hobbs_Won

I do believe the pads are going to be superior though....I picked up the MPK mini and the pads on it are amazing....So there is no reason to not expect more of the same from the mpc-r
Old 16th February 2012
Gear maniac

Old 16th February 2012
Gear maniac

Akai did a great job creating buzz but with pads video, and prospects watching the Ren get pieced together right before their eyes it could work against them leading up to launch.

It sort of lends itself to the political cliche about "sausage making".
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

Hey E Maddox, yes we know that he was in the beta testing team for the 5k...Big mother****ing deal!

Seriousely dude, you posts are useless, agressive, you bring nada, you're just a nuisance in this thread, GTFOH already.
Old 16th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel View Post

Hey E Maddox, yes we know that he was in the beta testing team for the 5k...Big mother****ing deal!

Seriousely dude, you posts are useless, agressive, you bring nada, you're just a nuisance in this thread, GTFOH already.
WTF was even talking to you? If he takes a swipe at me for no reason other than top another pro-Akai soundbite i'm going to respond. At last check I don't have to clear with you to do so.
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

lol, you just edited your post where you posted that tired photoshoped pic...

dude your so small...lol
Old 16th February 2012
Gear maniac

Old 16th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Please give the propaganda a rest. and btw- MPC-Tutor can't save you over here.
I didn't realize I needed saving. You posted the same photoshop pic in multiple forums....multiple times in each forum...and you call what I wrote a swipe at you?

I can imagine now what you would write if you see my name listed as an MPC Ren tester.

Its been kind of quiet at the MPC Forums. No new news outside of the change at the Akai site that takes the MPC Ren track count from 64 to 128. This is great because it wil make it compatible with MIDI tracks from all previous MPCs....not like I personally need 128 tracks. But one less thing people to nit pick about.

...and I always mean what I say and never have to insult anyone because I use a different drum machine than they do.
Old 16th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
You posted the same photoshop pic in multiple forums....multiple times in each forum...and you call what I wrote a swipe at you?
Post links to substantiate or stop making shit up.
You're Akai's mouthpiece and I understand you have a job to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
psss...I've read your comments over at the quiet MV spot. lol
A sad admission when you think about it. Skip the "single white female" vibe and move on already!
Old 16th February 2012
Banned

Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

**** your guys inter-forum 'relations' get a room, just leave this one.

Some peeps keep checking up on this thread new developments. Dont need this noise.
Old 16th February 2012
Banned

I would never want to take away from another's MPC fetish. lol One of the new developments is the increase in track count....128 per sequence.
Old 17th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel View Post
Ok

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Gearslutz.com App
LOL, what is a GT-I5800, a new Lexus?
Old 17th February 2012
Gear interested

I watched some of the NAMM videos, now, but that was in January, and I remember one of the Akai spokespeople, saying: it's a plug-in and then in another video, the same Akai spokesperson saying: software...

So it can act as both, right?

ie. It's own running program and/or alongside a DAW (Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, et. al)?

New to some of this stuff.

/////////////////

And my thoughts, on the product (and company, I guess), I think that AKAI are in a great position to release a renaissance, but it better go out with nothing less, than expected of a name as such. Otherwise, it's just a clever marketing campaign (duh) and it will most certainly be met with a huge thud of disappointment and an even larger critic's thumb.

And I hope it does succeed and based on the features I've read, it should.

And it's awesome to see a product before its release date, and AKAI should release more, needs to release more, because I haven't been completely won over by this product (based on the videos).

The features sound great, but I haven't really heard any of those features showcased to any cohesive detail or skill in the adverts or NAMM.

As it stands, these are opinions and speculations for a product that's months away, so who knows? I just hope it's a fully realized renaissance-before it's mass-produced.

I know summer will arrive and I hope the renaissance arrives, too.

[end puns here]
Old 24th February 2012
Gear interested

step sequencer?

as a past maschine user and current octatrack user, i'm wondering if this mpr will somehow incorporate step sequencing/automation.

on the octatrack, plocks are amazing on vsts but i miss pads.
step automation and sequencing was pretty cool on the maschine and being one of its main features, thought the mpr would be on this.

basically if i could select a step, a filter, then open that filter for that step only, in only a few moves without using a mouse - it could lead to my octatrack on ebay.

am i askin too much?

Last edited by tian_; 24th February 2012 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian_ View Post
as a past maschine user and current octatrack user, i'm wondering if this mpr will somehow incorporate step sequencing/automation.

on the octatrack, plocks are amazing on vsts but i miss pads.
step automation and sequencing was pretty cool on the maschine and being one of its main features, thought the mpr would be on this.

basically if i could select a step, a filter, then open that filter for that step only, in only a few moves without using a mouse - it could lead to my octatrack on ebay.

am i askin too much?
I've wondered this too. Step sequence was the one of the features that lead to me switching from MPC 2500.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospekta View Post
LOL, what is a GT-I5800, a new Lexus?
That's the automatic sig from the gearslutz android app...I didnt write it.

It's this:
Old 25th February 2012
Gear addict

I feel like the software is whats really going to make or break the ren/studio. sure, the fact that it'll be able to sound like 60/3000/etc. is cool, but you could just an mpc or 2 for the same price as the ren and studio. (alright, so an SP1200 would be the same as the ren but you get the idea)

also, why does the mpc's screen still look like we're stuck 10+ years ago?! from what I've seen of the MV8800's screen its about 10 times better and when did that come out again?
Old 25th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIMobster View Post
also, why does the mpc's screen still look like we're stuck 10+ years ago?! from what I've seen of the MV8800's screen its about 10 times better and when did that come out again?
It's actually regressing from MPC screens of 10 years ago and more like going back 20 years because these won't even show waveforms on the controller's display.
Old 25th February 2012
Gear addict

Yeah, the screen is ultra cheesy. The 4k screen from 10 years ago was way better. LCD's are cheap as hell now days. They are really penny pinching there.
Old 25th February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Geek View Post
Yeah, the screen is ultra cheesy. The 4k screen from 10 years ago was way better. LCD's are cheap as hell now days. They are really penny pinching there.
is it? perhaps another reason why I should get a 4000 and if they're penny pinching its for a larger profit, not a less-expensive product for us
Old 25th February 2012
Hobbs_Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastbeat View Post
...because these won't even show waveforms on the controller's display.
Am I the only one?? But to me this seems like a major blow for Akai and the MPC-R's workflow. Especially in contrast to Maschine.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Is it a confirmed info?
Old 25th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
Is it a confirmed info?
Yup.

Akai product manager Dan Gill: "it's not a fail if you're a 3000 user.

Actually, this was one of our biggest requests. MPC3000 users wanted the numbers. they want to be able to edit the old school way, and everyone agreed it was important to do it both ways. so we do numbers on the LCD, waveforms on the big screen."
Akai MPC Forums - MPC Ren @ sonicstate.com (NAMM 2012) : MPC Renaissance/Studio

Quite daft considering they're trying to compete with Maschine which can actually feel like using standalone hardware in use because it shows everything on the hardware's displays including the waveform which shows up on both the hardware LCD and the computer screen. It was bad enough they turned the "MPC" into a glorified MPD controller but this will just force you to have to stare at the computer screen.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

What a weird decision from Akai!

Thanks for the information.
Old 25th February 2012
Hobbs_Won

wow.....so as if the Nukai fan boy base wasn't already a niche market....they just whittled it down to an ever bigger niche...the 3000 user??

Startin to look like Akai really dropped the ball on this one....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search