New Reply
Subscribe
Wally Sparks
28th December 2011
Old 28th December 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_One View Post
I had ReturnOf4Eva on my iPod for so long and didn't listen to it right off the bat. Crazy right?

When I did get around to it which was actually fairly recently... I was amazed. This was because I know dude does his own production (for the most part). The samples he picked on some of his beats were so dope. Aside from everything being professionally mixed and mastered (I'm assuming), he still did a great job. The music was great, excellent listen and I was extremely impressed with his beat/instrumental making abilities. Not only a great listen, but inspiring.

Also, I think it's awesome that you're filling us in on his methodology behind his production. It's real cool to know that he uses Reason, Dr. REX, and Pro Tools. So dope haha. That itself is a breath of fresh air because it shows attainability for others.

Lions and Lambs off of ReturnOf4Eva is such a great listen, the beat is ridiculous. KRIT is so good.
KRIT mixed that whole album himself. I don't think any of the songs were sent to mastering.

That's dope that you like "Lions and Lambs". That's me doing the scratches on that song.
29th December 2011
Old 29th December 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sparks View Post
We were just in Baltimore this past November at Ram's Head with Method Man and Curren$y. It's always fun in Bmore.

He's producing the whole album.

KRIT's a software guy. Reason in particular. That's his workhorse.
thats cool can't wait to hear it and check your inbox when you get a chance. and I was there back in November @ Rams Head the show was definitely live when are you guys coming again?
29th December 2011
Old 29th December 2011
Gear maniac

Wally, on High & Lows is that all directly sampled or did he replay instrumentation out of the originals?
29th December 2011
Old 29th December 2011
Gear nut

Wally you gotta get krit to sign up to gearslutz lol that would be amazingly dope
Wally Sparks
30th December 2011
Old 30th December 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhee View Post
Wally, on High & Lows is that all directly sampled or did he replay instrumentation out of the originals?
The primary melody is a sample. Pretty obvious one too. There is some stuff that was replayed though. That "I'd Rather Be With You" breakdown at the end of the song for example.
30th December 2011
Old 30th December 2011
Gear Head

Whats good.. I fux with K.R.I.T's music man.. He remind me of Pimp C at times when he's rappin, but I really became a fan when I found out he produced his own tracks. My guy in Nashville hooked up w/ JD and was supposed to be working on a track with him but not sure what happened to that.

Glad to know he's and ITB person as well
30th December 2011
Old 30th December 2011
Gear interested

hey wally...does KRIT use mostly outboard gear run thru the digi003 or all sounds in the computer like battery or reason? Thanx alot
Wally Sparks
31st December 2011
Old 31st December 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight407 View Post
hey wally...does KRIT use mostly outboard gear run thru the digi003 or all sounds in the computer like battery or reason? Thanx alot
Everything is done in Reason or Pro Tools.
31st December 2011
Old 31st December 2011
Gear maniac

re

Quote:
Everything is done in Reason or Pro Tools.
that return of 4ever is really tight. great samples. though personally Ive had some weird times in meredian.
3rd January 2012
Old 3rd January 2012
Gear maniac

Is Krit a PC or Mac man?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Gearslutz.com
Wally Sparks
5th January 2012
Old 5th January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhee View Post
Is Krit a PC or Mac man?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Gearslutz.com
Mac.
5th January 2012
Old 5th January 2012
Gear Head

Did you do the scratching on Glass House?
5th January 2012
Old 5th January 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
What's happening everyone, my name is Wally. I'm Big K.R.I.T.'s DJ and longtime friend and collaborator.

I made this post to see what other producers and engineers (aspiring and professional) thought about KRIT's work behind the boards.

If you have any questions about KRIT's production work feel free to ask and I'll answer them the best that I can.
Dope. I'm happy to see that he's becoming successful. I've been a fan for years.
http://www.trakatiks.com
Skype - trakatiksmusic
Twitter - @trakatiksmusic
EDF
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
EDF
Gear addict

My Studio

Send a message via AIM to EDF Send a message via MSN to EDF Send a message via Yahoo to EDF Send a message via Skype™ to EDF
Quote:
I'm not sure what plug ins he uses for mixing. I'll ask him and get back to you.
Thanks a lot. I like the sound he gets from his vocals, it's pretty smooth yet analogish.
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgutta23 View Post
Did you do the scratching on Glass House?
That's not me on that particular song but I did all the scratches on Return Of 4eva and the upcoming major label debut.
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Gear nut

Wally you snapped on time machine love the scratches on that.
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Cruise Control from The Last King mixtape..... Whats the sample? i thought that was so soulful and dope... Looking foward to yall coming to Memphis..
9th January 2012
Old 9th January 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Haha... what's happenin' Cas. Nice quote in your signature.
yeah man. obviously im a fan so let him know whats up lol
9th January 2012
Old 9th January 2012
Gear Head

No ?s, just thoughts, and I think K.R.I.T has yet to show his genius, nice to see someone producing quality shit without all that high end million dollar equipment, for someone speaking as a person born straight outta P.A.T, land of the trill, home of UGK, whatever you want to call it, K.R.I.T definitely brings that same feeling while still doing him and being able to eventually distinguish himself, if you can't appreciate his production, you just gotta live in the south for a while, that's all!

Angelito,
Nothing personal home slice..but you really need to READ all you can on audio engineering and really ABSORB all that you read because you really dont know your shit just yet.
What you are tring to achieve is like "audio 101" ..kindergarten shit"
It takes a good while to master audio engineering,especially at the rate you are going.
10th January 2012
Old 10th January 2012
Lives for gear

props big k.r.i.t is tight
Wally Sparks
10th January 2012
Old 10th January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelito View Post
No ?s, just thoughts, and I think K.R.I.T has yet to show his genius, nice to see someone producing quality shit without all that high end million dollar equipment, for someone speaking as a person born straight outta P.A.T, land of the trill, home of UGK, whatever you want to call it, K.R.I.T definitely brings that same feeling while still doing him and being able to eventually distinguish himself, if you can't appreciate his production, you just gotta live in the south for a while, that's all!
Right on, thanks for the compliments.
Wally Sparks
10th January 2012
Old 10th January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
Cruise Control from The Last King mixtape..... Whats the sample? i thought that was so soulful and dope... Looking foward to yall coming to Memphis..
KRIT didn't produce that record. The other guy on the record Mike Jaggerr produced it and that's him on the 1st verse and singing the hook too.

I don't know what the sample is either. It does jam though.

Here's the original project it came from which is entirely produced by Mike Jaggerr himself. http://mikejaggerr.bandcamp.com/album/the-eleventh-hour
12th January 2012
Old 12th January 2012
Gear maniac

Hey Wally,one more ?...Can you find out if K.R.I.T. sends his files out dry with no efx on the the files from Reason and also does he leave all the tracks at 100 individually or does he set the volume levels in Reason and use the mastering suit then export them into Pro tools. Meaning can you go in depth a little on his exporting process from Reason to Pro Tools
Wally Sparks
25th May 2012
Old 25th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
Hey Wally,one more ?...Can you find out if K.R.I.T. sends his files out dry with no efx on the the files from Reason and also does he leave all the tracks at 100 individually or does he set the volume levels in Reason and use the mastering suit then export them into Pro tools. Meaning can you go in depth a little on his exporting process from Reason to Pro Tools
Apologies for the late response.

Everything comes out of Reason dry. Any kind of efx and all of the mixing is done in Pro Tools. The beats are always done in Reason.
25th May 2012
Old 25th May 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Yes he does. He mixed both of his projects "K.R.I.T. Wuz Here" and "Return Of 4eva" himself.

He's also mixing his major label debut "Live From The Underground" himself. He's working with other engineers but the final say on all the mixes for the album will be his.
nice to hear that. I heard a track he did "Money On The Floor" sounded good and reminded me of old school Bay Area / Northern California Mob Music (Listen to the album "C-Bo Till My Casket Drops)

Anyway there should be more artist like him that are hands on... props
Wally Sparks
25th May 2012
Old 25th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
nice to hear that. I heard a track he did "Money On The Floor" sounded good and reminded me of old school Bay Area / Northern California Mob Music (Listen to the album "C-Bo Till My Casket Drops)

Anyway there should be more artist like him that are hands on... props
The latest free project we put out "4evaNaDay" along with his debut studio album "Live From The Underground" were both mixed entirely by KRIT and Ralph Cacciurri
25th May 2012
Old 25th May 2012
Lives for gear

nice it drops june 5 & slaughterhouse is june 12
25th May 2012
Old 25th May 2012
Lives for gear

Got some sessions to mix probably 6 years ago... I remember being amazed by just hitting play how dope the beats were before even touching them to be mixed... Hit up the rapper and asked, "who made these beats"... "some dude named krit... says he's about to blow up"...... blah blah... I think I've heard that a million times in the last month alone.... but....

Less than a year later I see the guy on MTV. Ha.

Very very talented dude.
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Gear interested

samples

whats up wally, its sick u post on here. does krit ever match up multiple samples for a track, and if so does he tune them to be in sync or does he lookk for samples that just work together?
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Gear nut

Heard the album last night, nice work!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search