Login / Register
 
Blazetrak Success...
New Reply
Subscribe
voicegenius
Thread Starter
#1
4th April 2011
Old 4th April 2011
  #1
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,419

Thread Starter
Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
voicegenius is offline
Blazetrak Success...

Anybody have any?
voicegenius
Thread Starter
#2
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,419

Thread Starter
Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
voicegenius is offline
#3
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #3
Gear addict
 
The Hydrilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: GA - CA
Posts: 391

The Hydrilla is offline
never heard of it till now. interested to know how their credits system for submissions translates to real world money. couldnt find an answer on their site.
#4
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #4
Gear Head
 
icestormaudio's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: ATL

icestormaudio is offline
You will get a response (some are video, some are not) within 30 days after submitting your music. They will rate your music and give you tips and feedback on what they like, what needs improvement. I got a response within a week, and I found it to be helpful. I would recommend it if you understand that you are basically just paying for the professional's time, and you aren't guaranteed anything special like a placement, just the professionals feedback on your work. The submission I did was 8 credits, which cost $92. A lot of people would discourage you from paying just to contact people/submit your music -- you just have to understand what you are paying for and decide if its worth it or not for you. The only thing you are paying for is a guaranteed response within 30 days.

Last edited by icestormaudio; 5th April 2011 at 05:58 AM..
#5
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,689

Nahuel is offline
Under the hood they say there's no buisness like hope buisness.
#6
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 653

Thysta is offline
All I know, nowadays everybody and their neighbour seay thay have industry connections.
#7
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
MERC476's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: PROVIDENCE
Posts: 698

MERC476 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thysta View Post
All I know, nowadays everybody and their neighbour seay thay have industry connections.
Follow an A&R on Twitter and they say that's an industry contact. Anyway, it's tough for folks trying to make it in the industry as an upcoming rapper or producer. There's so many gimicks, showcases, websites etc that cater to the starving artist and they are banking on them. Im not saying they're all bad but for some it's hard to tell which are the worthy ones and which are not. Like Icestormaudio said about Blazetrak, you gotta know that you're just paying for feedback. I think the site makes that pretty clear.
__________________
www.twitter.com/mercbeats
RTR
#8
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #8
RTR
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 4,852

RTR is offline
Seems like Taxi would be better, you can get a critique and placement!
#9
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #9
Gear interested
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17

mariushaugan is offline
Loving this site and the whole idea! Any more like this one out there?
#10
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,689

Nahuel is offline
I'm about to drop a website where your fav artist will shake his nuts (or her boobs) on cam to your music for a small fee.
__________________
SoundCloud
#11
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 653

Thysta is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
Im not saying they're all bad but for some it's hard to tell which are the worthy ones and which are not.
that's what I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
Like Icestormaudio said about Blazetrak, you gotta know that you're just paying for feedback. I think the site makes that pretty clear.
I didn't know that they only offer feedback. that's a fair one.
#12
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,689

Nahuel is offline
A video response from you fav celebrity/showbiz expert is what they (somewhat) garantee... the hope to be recruited is what they sell, watch the promo vids, it's pretty obvious "I'm always looking for blablabla, send me your submission"... those darn shenanigans...
#13
5th April 2011
Old 5th April 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 584

Ace_TX is offline
Thelma from Good Times will call you for a small fee.
#14
12th April 2011
Old 12th April 2011
  #14
Gear Head
 
Magic979's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 42

Magic979 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
Thelma from Good Times will call you for a small fee.
lol
#15
12th April 2011
Old 12th April 2011
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,251

Clonkified is offline
My thoughts on them: http://blog.5livesmusic.com/post/1164801990

The advice could potentially be helpful / useful, but it really depends on the pro. I've had multiple pros not get back to me within 30 days. Also, their new credit system now has basically jacked up the prices and you don't get a real refund (only credits). Having said that, a mixer I got in touch with on the site (Ryan West) proved to be a really nice and helpful guy. He mixed one of my songs at a discount and even gave me a call for about 30 minutes to talk about how he mixed it (and sent screenshots of his PT session and plugin settings so I could follow along).
#16
20th July 2011
Old 20th July 2011
  #16
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1

PLEX504 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Seems like Taxi would be better, you can get a critique and placement!
Hey guys, new to the site. Just wanted to comment here, since I just joined Blazetrak, plus I have some experience with Taxi. I joined Taxi for $300, and was completely excited. They do guarantee you a critique, and the turnaround is a lot faster. But, if the Taxi people don't approve your submission, it will never make it to the label that is searching for a particular thing. This is what they neglect to tell you ahead of time; and there are no refunds. Now, with Blazetrak, anyone accepting submissions will let you know exactly what they are looking for, and whether or not they require a completely perfect reference of it. Plus, it goes directly to the person you mean it for.

If you don't have access to reference singers and have to demo songs yourself and can't sing that well, I can promise you Taxi will never submit it. They gave me a 9 out of 10 on vocals, an 8 on content, 7.5 on originality, and a 7 on production. Yet my submission never went through. I have no desire to be a singer, at all. SO that was the least of my concerns. But I figured they would put it through since nothing scored less than a 7, but no. On Blazetrak, if they're looking for songs, they don't care how you sound as long as it's clear and understandable. So I honestly feel like Bt is a lot better than Taxi, and that Taxi will soon be a thing of the past.

I only have one submission in so far, and it was to a producer who is offering free submissions. You really just have to look through all of them til you find something that's for you. I'll keep you all posted on what happens for me, good or bad. I spent a year with Taxi, so I guess after a year with Bt I'll be able to give you guys a full breakdown.
#17
20th July 2011
Old 20th July 2011
  #17
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia

PRPS is offline
it seems like "selling the dream" is where the money is at in the industry
#18
20th July 2011
Old 20th July 2011
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537

Send a message via Skype™ to B.A.S.E
B.A.S.E is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
it seems like "selling the dream" is where the money is at in the industry
the truth.
RTR
#19
20th July 2011
Old 20th July 2011
  #19
RTR
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 4,852

RTR is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEX504 View Post
Hey guys, new to the site. Just wanted to comment here, since I just joined Blazetrak, plus I have some experience with Taxi. I joined Taxi for $300, and was completely excited. They do guarantee you a critique, and the turnaround is a lot faster. But, if the Taxi people don't approve your submission, it will never make it to the label that is searching for a particular thing. This is what they neglect to tell you ahead of time; and there are no refunds. Now, with Blazetrak, anyone accepting submissions will let you know exactly what they are looking for, and whether or not they require a completely perfect reference of it. Plus, it goes directly to the person you mean it for.

If you don't have access to reference singers and have to demo songs yourself and can't sing that well, I can promise you Taxi will never submit it. They gave me a 9 out of 10 on vocals, an 8 on content, 7.5 on originality, and a 7 on production. Yet my submission never went through. I have no desire to be a singer, at all. SO that was the least of my concerns. But I figured they would put it through since nothing scored less than a 7, but no. On Blazetrak, if they're looking for songs, they don't care how you sound as long as it's clear and understandable. So I honestly feel like Bt is a lot better than Taxi, and that Taxi will soon be a thing of the past.

I only have one submission in so far, and it was to a producer who is offering free submissions. You really just have to look through all of them til you find something that's for you. I'll keep you all posted on what happens for me, good or bad. I spent a year with Taxi, so I guess after a year with Bt I'll be able to give you guys a full breakdown.
It has been a few years since I messed with taxi but back then they would refund your money no problem if you canceled before your year was up... a friend of mine cancled 3 days before his year was up and got a full refund!!They also tell you plain as day that you are not guaranteed to get you songs passed to the label...if that was the case taxi would be no better than myspace, the labels ECT. would be over loaded with crap!
#20
21st July 2011
Old 21st July 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,217

beat you down is offline
it's what you make it i guess.
#21
21st July 2011
Old 21st July 2011
  #21
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3

Brockout is offline
would love to try this out but 92 dollars for a submission is a lot.. but if your sure that your beats are the hottest new thing and really fit the genre and taste of the guy your submitting them to then I guess u could have a good chance..
#22
2nd December 2011
Old 2nd December 2011
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 4,671

Dayl is offline
Responses aren't guaranteed, and this is a lot to pay for feedback.

5 credits to submit music to a former A&R at Jive records for the new Miguel or Chris Brown record. $72 to take a shot at producing for So So Def?? I dunno.

1 Credit = $15.00
3 Credits = $37.50
6 Credits = $72.00
8 Credits = $92.00
12 Credits = $132.00
24 Credits = $250.00
50 Credits = $475.00
100 Credits = $900.00
150 Credits = $1275.00
__________________
'You don't finish, you just run out of time' - Dave Pensado on mixing
#23
2nd December 2011
Old 2nd December 2011
  #23
Gear addict
 
OmegaP's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Smithfield,VA
Posts: 395

OmegaP is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Responses aren't guaranteed, and this is a lot to pay for feedback.

5 credits to submit music to a former A&R at Jive records for the new Miguel or Chris Brown record. $72 to take a shot at producing for So So Def?? I dunno.

1 Credit = $15.00
3 Credits = $37.50
6 Credits = $72.00
8 Credits = $92.00
12 Credits = $132.00
24 Credits = $250.00
50 Credits = $475.00
100 Credits = $900.00
150 Credits = $1275.00
Damn that's some high prices !!! You'd be better off joining PmP.
#24
2nd January 2012
Old 2nd January 2012
  #24
Aspiring Songwriter
 
Roisky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 52

Send a message via Skype™ to Roisky
Roisky is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaP View Post
Damn that's some high prices !!! You'd be better off joining PmP.
What's PmP?
voicegenius
Thread Starter
#25
31st July 2012
Old 31st July 2012
  #25
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,419

Thread Starter
Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
voicegenius is offline
#26
2nd August 2012
Old 2nd August 2012
  #26
Gear interested
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11

AlternBlkguy is offline
I think unless you are in the middle of nowhere...these sites are bad. When I was in LA last year I realized what I knew all along... Its about being good and being great with talking.

I met Mike Shinoda, and DJ Kelly G from BET and they told me when you are at a level of meeting them, its a given that you have to be good. But it really is about connecting.

I got my TV placement from just talking with the agency for about a year til they saw development and saw I had the right track for their project.

I'm not preaching at all, but nothing beats good ol fashion rubbing elbows and being likable. especially with so many people in similar skill set.
#27
2nd August 2012
Old 2nd August 2012
  #27
Gear interested
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11

AlternBlkguy is offline
I agree too much on credits. You are better off knowing DJs and Program directors directly and taking 6months to a year of building connection with them.
#28
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
  #28
Gear interested
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4

jaredjones is offline
Definitely gotta add my two cents...I believe Blazetrak is a great site in making an initial connection. I think making the initial connection is even more valuable than the feedback. Here's why...let's take the comment from AlternBlkguy...when he was in LA, he said he had that meeting with some industry execs, and they said if you're that level meeting with them, then you must be good. That's just it, how do you even get to that level? How do you get to rubbing elbows with the right people. He's right though...you want to build that solid relationship with someone you admire, and who you know could benefit from working with you, and vice versa.

The best way to look as Blazetrak is to begin your connections. I have submitted to a few, and here's how they have turned out so far...

Submitted to a producer who used to work with Boys II Men...he liked my track, wanted to hear more stuff, and gave me his email address. I have emailed him a few times after that, but he is difficult to get a hold of. If I really want to work with him, I will be persistent and email him every few weeks.

Submitted to a manager of a production team in LA, hated my record! The same record that an A&R from David Guetta's music publishing company loved! So did I listen to that feedback?? What I learned is that you have to find the right "ears" for your music. The same record someone will hate, another person will love. Think about it...do you like Heavy Metal, and hate rap? Do you love gospel, but hate pop? Everyone has their tastes. You need to research, and pinpoint the people who need what you do, and then get it to them.

A couple of other submissions could lead to some opportunities, but currently, still in the development stages.

I say all that to say Blazetrak is a great starting point for making connections. If you live in MA, like I do, sure I could spend a $600 or $700 or more on a flight to NY, LA, or ATL, hotel accommodations, possibly a music conference...if that is what I wanted to do. But for me, I would rather make an initial connection first (even if paying for that opportunities, almost like you would pay a consultant), and then if I find that a potential working relationship could develop, take the necessary steps thereafter.

I hope this has helped.
#29
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #29
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia

PRPS is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.S.E View Post
the truth.
you know it
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Remoteness / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
28
BB11 / Music Business
0
OzNimbus / So much gear, so little time!
11
Messiah / So much gear, so little time!
0
XHipHop / Music Computers
5

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.