Login / Register

Are the days of 3rd party instrument plug ins coming to an end
New Reply
Subscribe
5th November 2010
Old 5th November 2010
Banned

Quote:
I agree the articulations are what are setting the instruments apart and a lot of Reason refills (electric bass and Soul School for example) are adding them to their NNXT banks for that reason.
Reason's NNXT sampler is not built to handle "articulations/keyswitching"...

no disrepect... but it seems like you do not understand the technology...

here is an example of "keyswitching/articulation"...

Reason's NNXT would need a "complete" overhaul for "keyswitching/articulations"....
6th November 2010
Old 6th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Reason's NNXT sampler is not built to handle "articulations/keyswitching"...

no disrepect... but it seems like you do not understand the technology...

here is an example of "keyswitching/articulation"...

Reason's NNXT would need a "complete" overhaul for "keyswitching/articulations"....
Yyyup. Its very much the next big thing for Reason to implement. Unless Propellerhead wants them to stay B+ grade.

I still say the drums and organs are A grade. Especially the drums from their 2.0 ReFill. The special Piano ReFill is also hard to diss. You do have to realize that in Reason, youre really only a few steps away from taking any "good" sound and making it a "great" sound. Short of articulations, youre pretty much left with EQ'ing your way to a good sounding instrument, which in 2010 isnt too hard. Thats said, for bass or synth or just about any sound in Reason, if its not good enough at the start, its not hard nor does it take much to put it on the next level - the tools for that are indeed there. Just, like we said, no articulations.

Cricket does Michael Jackson's "Human Nature"
(AmpedSounds.com "2009 Song of the Year"):
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7931344

Nylon string electric/Latin/Flamenco guitar:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7863478

6th November 2010
Old 6th November 2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket View Post
Yyyup. Its very much the next big thing for Reason to implement. Unless Propellerhead wants them to stay B+ grade.

I still say the drums and organs are A grade. Especially the drums from their 2.0 ReFill. The special Piano ReFill is also hard to diss. You do have to realize that in Reason, youre really only a few steps away from taking any "good" sound and making it a "great" sound. Short of articulations, youre pretty much left with EQ'ing your way to a good sounding instrument, which in 2010 isnt too hard. Thats said, for bass or synth or just about any sound in Reason, if its not good enough at the start, its not hard nor does it take much to put it on the next level - the tools for that are indeed there. Just, like we said, no articulations.
i was hoping that Props was going to add a disk streaming sampler in Reason 5... until then there will be "no" keyswitching/articulations... what "i" find is that the "presets" in omnisphere, trilian, kontakt, east/west play start an individual in a better place than the "presets" in Reason... with Reason an individual spends more time with the sound of a patch (tweaking) instead of the actual "music"... the constant tweaking in Reason "kills" the workflow...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search