Gear addict

Drum machine stand

3rd May 2010
Old 3rd May 2010
digiman
7th May 2010
Old 7th May 2010
Gear addict

Thanks for the ID fam. $50 bucks tho(retail $99)? That's kinda steep for a small stand like that. After looking it, I'm wondering how sturdy it is. Know of any other stands like that? I'm looking for something that doesn't sit directly on the keyboard, but a stand that would actually fit under the keyboard in the same shape, but where the bottom wouldn't sit on the keyboard, but would curve behind and under the keyboard. Know of anything like that?
7th May 2010
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
Thanks for the ID fam. $50 bucks tho(retail $99)? That's kinda steep for a small stand like that. After looking it, I'm wondering how sturdy it is. Know of any other stands like that? I'm looking for something that doesn't sit directly on the keyboard, but a stand that would actually fit under the keyboard in the same shape, but where the bottom wouldn't sit on the keyboard, but would curve behind and under the keyboard. Know of anything like that?
Digi you need to find a welding shop. when everyone used the mixer stand with legs for MPC's I had one built with rack spaces on the back (THE dopest MPC stand and it's too small for my 4k now. Damn I should have had him make it fit more than just 3k/s etc..
When material gain becomes the god before which all must be sacrificed, even one's own humanity, all manner of crimes and pursuant justifications become possible. And when crimes become heinous enough, as in wars of aggression, genocide and enslavement, the perpetrators have little choice but to dehumanize their victims.--Dr. Joy Degruy Leary
digiman
7th May 2010
Old 7th May 2010
Gear addict

This would be PERFECT if only the bottom legs were just flat so that I could just slide them flush under and behind my keyboard. That way my Maschine would sit above the keys on the stand but still be stablized sitting underneath the small space between my desk and the keyboard. THe only issue is they raised the sides on the legs so it wont fit flush under my keyboard. Dam.

Pro Portable Computer Laptop Stand DJ Studio*-* DJ Laptop Stands
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Gear interested

I think he just plopped it on there because it looked good. That thing was flexing like a mofo. Nothing worse than going hard on the pads and having the MPC bounce. Peep out my stand.

22nd September 2010
Old 22nd September 2010
Gear addict

i just use this (Targus), 25 bucks off amazon.

gives ~2" lift at the back so you can fully see the screen from a seated position. plus it does this....
30th September 2010
Old 30th September 2010
cpu
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to cpu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Digi you need to find a welding shop. when everyone used the mixer stand with legs for MPC's I had one built with rack spaces on the back (THE dopest MPC stand and it's too small for my 4k now. Damn I should have had him make it fit more than just 3k/s etc..
Hey man do you happen to have any pictures of what your stand looks like? I work with some guys that are crazy talented with metal, and i'd love to get something like this built.. thanks!
30th September 2010
Old 30th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyonehand View Post
I think he just plopped it on there because it looked good. That thing was flexing like a mofo. Nothing worse than going hard on the pads and having the MPC bounce. Peep out my stand.

Who took a dump on your MP?
This reminds me of a classic thread around here from way back!
30th September 2010
Old 30th September 2010
Gear nut

friend of mine had a basic sheet music stand for his 2000xl for playing standing up, which was pretty cool
20th January 2011
Old 20th January 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
Who took a dump on your MP?
This reminds me of a classic thread around here from way back!
Took a dump on my MPC? what are you talking about?

That's a graphic art an artist painted on there for me. You can't really see it from that angle.
mp3
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
mp3
Lives for gear

Actually the stand in that video is a Griffin Elevator. I got one for like $17 at micro center but I haven't put it to use yet.

But anyway, once upon a time I used a snare stand to hold my ASR-X and MPC 3000.
mp3
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
I'm looking for something that doesn't sit directly on the keyboard, but a stand that would actually fit under the keyboard in the same shape, but where the bottom wouldn't sit on the keyboard, but would curve behind and under the keyboard. Know of anything like that?
How about this:

Amazon.com: mStand Laptop Stand By Rain Design: Electronics
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
Actually the stand in that video is a Griffin Elevator. I got one for like $17 at micro center but I haven't put it to use yet.

But anyway, once upon a time I used a snare stand to hold my ASR-X and MPC 3000.
This would be crap for the MPC. I had this for Serato in my studio and even typing on my 17' Macbook it would move up and down. Unless they've made them sturdier since then. I bought mine like 2 years ago.
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Head

My father and I built a stand out of wood, and I'm using a basic snare drum stand to hold the wood in place.. I dont have a picture of the stand itself though..
Attached Thumbnails
Drum machine stand-image.jpg  
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Head

Bare
Attached Thumbnails
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Head

And the frame... (Sorry for the triple post. Doing this from my phone)
Attached Thumbnails
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

If you live near an Ikea you can't beat this for 4 bucks. They're perfect for desktop synths, controllers, drum machines, etc. I've bought at least 4 of these.

BRĂ„DA Laptop support - black - IKEA

check me out: www.cooloutmusic.com
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Gear interested

My Maschine came with a protector and the official N.I. Maschine stand. It was an offern and I'm very satisfied with it. Check it out:

Sorry for the billboard type of size LOL

www.BeatmakerTutorials.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search