how to get those clap+snares and nice kick
Caine
Thread Starter
#1
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #1
Gear nut
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 113

Thread Starter
how to get those clap+snares and nice kick

#2
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #2
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 15

Layering and messing with the envelopes will get you what your looking for. Try Sonic Specialist for some nice drums.
#3
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #3
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
YouTube - Juicy J feat. Project Pat & V-Slash - Get Yo Ass Robbed OFFICIAL VIDEO

i luv the kick and the claps (i think combined with snares).

it sounds like 808 stuff again, any hints how to get these like this one?
First off, what are you using. I can get this sound on my Fantom with ease. You can start by putting a good resonant filter on your drums and pianos. The clap/snare is more than likely a 808 snare tuned down with a 808 or 909 clap layered in tuned down as well.
#4
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

+1 for SS, try urban fire 5 on this one. There are some samples in there that sounded extremely similar (with some layering). Of course the added benefit is that you'll have specially designed kick transients that give your kicks extreme amounts of "knock" when you layer them on your kicks, enough kicks + snares + claps to recreate the next....500 songs you like...etc.
#5
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #5
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
+1 for SS, try urban fire 5 on this one. There are some samples in there that sounded extremely similar (with some layering). Of course the added benefit is that you'll have specially designed kick transients that give your kicks extreme amounts of "knock" when you layer them on your kicks, enough kicks + snares + claps to recreate the next....500 songs you like...etc.
Why get urban fire and any other downloadable drum kits for this??? This is elementary shyt. Get more experience and experiment more and stop trying to imitate other producers, that's your biggest downfall right there.
#6
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Why get urban fire and any other downloadable drum kits for this??? This is elementary shyt. Get more experience and experiment more and stop trying to imitate other producers, that's your biggest downfall right there.
More than one way to skin a cat...


(best "platitude" i could think of lol, but who the heck thought of it, what kind of sicko skins cats )
#7
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #7
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
More than one way to skin a cat...


(best "platitude" i could think of lol, but who the heck thought of it, what kind of sicko skins cats )
Just remember this guys, making music without eq, effects, filters, etc is like making cake without sugar, butter, and eggs. Mixing is the icing on the cake. Get the sound at the source. It'll help your creativity 1000%, I promise you. Take the time to layer and eq your drums and claps/snares first. After doing this, resample them, further eqing, layering, tuning and filtering them until you get that, oh, so that's how they do it, sound. If you follow these steps, you slap yourself for not doing it before. You'll be suprised at how fast your productions will start to advance.
#8
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

Yeah I agree with you, but sonicspecialists is the sound at the source in this case.

If taking a TR-808 or sampling from vinyl is fine in the eyes of many hip hop purists, then what's so wrong about good drum libraries.

It can't be that it's a "radical new technology": at one point, the tr-808 and vinyl sampling were radical and new.

It can't be that "hip hop was founded on sampling and tr-808 so that makes it inherently superior": medicine was founded on techniques such as bleeding and leeches, commercial airflight was founded on wooden, propeller airplanes.

Before it gets that far: (The full extent of this analogy that I intend to convey is that many legitimate fields don't owe allegiance to the techniques they were founded on. I am not saying sampling vinyl and drum machines are outdated, obsolete technology, and I will not acknowledge that comparison as part of my argument.)

Instead of focusing so much on the means, focus on the end; use whatever works for you and ends up sounding good, and more importantly: try everything in order to figure out the "means" that works best for you. So, sure try your process, try mine, try everything, but don't try to tell someone that one process is superior to everything before that person has tried everything.

The key word in my original reply was "try". Try UF5, and try stock sounds, try sampling vinyl, and try getting timbo's drums from timbo. Some things will prove to be impossible, but there's no reason someone shouldn't try everything.
#9
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Just remember this guys, making music without eq, effects, filters, etc is like making cake with sugar, butter, and eggs. Mixing is the icing on the cake. Get the sound at the source. It'll help your creativity 1000%, I promise you. Take the time to layer and eq your drums and claps/snares first. After doing this, resample them, further eqing, layering, tuning and filtering them until you get that, oh, so that's how they do it, sound. If you follow these steps, you slap yourself for not doing it before. You'll be suprised at how fast your productions will start to advance.
This should be a sticky btw
#10
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #10
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
Yeah I agree with you, but sonicspecialists is the sound at the source in this case.

If taking a TR-808 or sampling from vinyl is fine in the eyes of many hip hop purists, then what's so wrong about good drum libraries.

It can't be that it's a "radical new technology": at one point, the tr-808 and vinyl sampling were radical and new.

It can't be that "hip hop was founded on sampling and tr-808 so that makes it inherently superior": medicine was founded on techniques such as bleeding and leeches, commercial airflight was founded on wooden, propeller airplanes.

Before it gets that far: (The full extent of this analogy that I intend to convey is that many legitimate fields don't owe allegiance to the techniques they were founded on. I am not saying sampling vinyl and drum machines are outdated, obsolete technology, and I will not acknowledge that comparison as part of my argument.)

Instead of focusing so much on the means, focus on the end; use whatever works for you and ends up sounding good, and more importantly: try everything in order to figure out the "means" that works best for you. So, sure try your process, try mine, try everything, but don't try to tell someone that one process is superior to everything before that person has tried everything.
9 times out of 10, most people who chase drum kits are lazy, fruity loops using kids who think that making hits is easy and that buying them is the secret to success which is bullshyt to the 10th power. Half of these idiots make beats with a freaking keyboard and mouse for goodness sakes. If the guys who make these drum kits are so good at them, then why in the hell aren't they major producers. Ever ask yourselves that question. Making great music is way more than drums, claps, and snares, a whole lot more.
#11
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
9 times out of 10, most people who chase drum kits are lazy, fruity loops using kids who think that making hits is easy and that buying them is the secret to success with is bullshyt. Half of these idiots make beats with a freaking keyboard and mouse for goodness sakes.
So a lot of "idiots" chase drum kits. Why does this make drum kits bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
If the guys who make these drum kits are so good at them, then why in the hell aren't they major producers.
Because being a major producer is effing hard, and requires so many more skills than just sound design / making beats.

That's like saying if {virtuouso pianist} was so good, how come he's not a major producer.

They are different jobs with different required skillsets...

Being extremely good at making drums doesn't automatically qualify you to be a producer. Someone with the ear to make great drums is more likely than the avg person to be qualified when all is said and done, but it's not a linear progression....it's not like saying "if {basketball player} is so good, how come he's in the NBDL."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Ever ask yourselves that question. Making great music is way more than drums, claps, and snares, a whole lot more.
Of course
#12
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #12
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
So a lot of "idiots" chase drum kits. Why does this make drum kits bad?



Because being a major producer is effing hard, and requires so many more skills than just sound design / making beats.

That's like saying if {virtuouso pianist} was so good, how come he's not a major producer.

They are different jobs with different required skillsets...

Being extremely good at making drums doesn't automatically qualify you to be a producer. Someone with the ear to make great drums is more likely than the avg person to be qualified when all is said and done, but it's not a linear progression....it's not like saying "if {basketball player} is so good, how come he's in the NBDL."



Of course
I just find it apalling that dudes have turned "Hip-Hop" into a freaking hustle. Why don't these guys so the same with Classical and Country music??? Because they can't. It's easy to steal drums and breaks from vinyl and sample cds. Hell, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it. That's why this genre of music sucks now, because of these idiots. It's strange how Hip-Hop was the shyt until Fruity Loops and DJ Blunts n Shyt essential drum packs came out. It can't be a coincidence.
#13
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
I just find it apalling that dudes have turned "Hip-Hop" into a freaking hustle. Why don't these guys so the same with Classical and Country music??? Because they can't. It's easy to steal drums and breaks from vinyl and sample cds. Hell, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it. That's why this genre of music sucks now, because of these idiots. It's strange how Hip-Hop was the shyt until Fruity Loops and DJ Blunts n Shyt essential drum packs came out. It can't be a coincidence.
I agree,

They cant do that with Classical or Country cos its still based on being half talented meaning having the talent and experience to play an instrument.

This is how i see Hip Hop:

I check out youtube now and then for some inspiration to then see these teens in there bedroom with a computer that there parents bought with a cracked copy of the obvious fruityloops as a complete studio with yet another obvious factor, Making a southern beat,
Then a year later they pop up on forums like what mpc shall i buy simply cos they saw there idol using one on youtube feeling they can make hot beats with it.

I mean theres no creativity in it no more just hype so the inspired just follow.

I slyly think software developers should calm down on releasing there products every 6 months and let us just be creative rather than yo i need that new this or that.

A sequencer as basic as Notator can still let you get creative but all these limited edition fascinations and Shameless Marketing tools overlap our prime objective in making music and study more on that mpc and that neko etc.
#14
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,689

bla bla bla... Hip hop dont suck since fruitty loops, nonsense, there's kids making fire with cracks, some of them end up selling their beats to major artists and finally purchase their software, there was plenty of garbage in the 90's too, especially on the radio and hustle is nothing new to rap music, remeber the meaning of EPMD?

You dont like souf? dont listen to it, I personnally think there's some pretty good tracks in that style.
SCR
#15
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #15
SCR
Gear Head
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
YouTube - Juicy J feat. Project Pat & V-Slash - Get Yo Ass Robbed OFFICIAL VIDEO

i luv the kick and the claps (i think combined with snares).

it sounds like 808 stuff again, any hints how to get these like this one?

Been bumping this track hard for a couple months now ever since i got a nodj version of the mixtape,these guys are the reason I decided to make a hobbie of making music.Chapter II world domination ftw
#16
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #16
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma View Post
bla bla bla... Hip hop dont suck since fruitty loops, nonsense, there's kids making fire with cracks, some of them end up selling their beats to major artists and finally purchase their software, there was plenty of garbage in the 90's too, especially on the radio and hustle is nothing new to rap music, remeber the meaning of EPMD?

You dont like souf? dont listen to it, I personnally think there's some pretty good tracks in that style.
STFU, I live in the "Souf", DUUUde. You must be one of them.
#17
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
STFU, I live in the "Souf", DUUUde. You must be one of them.
nah, I typed souf cause I was confused about how to spell "southern music", yes I'm a foreigner and my setup is build around a vintage analog mixer a couple of hw samplers an analog synth (a real one not VA), a couple of mics including a tube neumann and a DAW with plenty of paid software. And I'm getting too old to be considered a kid. As a kid I wasnt on the internet, we didnt even have TV at home.

But I have solidarity for these broke kids trying to express themselves and even think some of them are talented that's all. I dont feel the need to hate on younger aspiring beatmakers. Yes beatmakers.
#18
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #18
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma View Post
nah, I typed souf cause I was confused about how to spell "southern music", yes I'm a foreigner and my setup is build around a vintage analog mixer a couple of hw samplers an analog synth (a real one not VA), a couple of mics including a tube neumann and a DAW with plenty of paid software. And I'm getting too old to be considered a kid. As a kid I wasnt on the internet, we didnt even have TV at home.

But I have solidarity for these broke kids trying to express themselves and even think some of them are talented that's all. I dont feel the need to hate on younger aspiring beatmakers. Yes beatmakers.
I ain't hating on them. If the music sounds good, it sounds good. Unfortunately, the music today suck because of them same broke kids. 99% of these so called beat makers today wouldn't be making music at all if it wasn't for Fruity Loops and these weak ass drum kits. Making music has become a fad. People use to do it because they wanted to make good music and had a sincere passion for it. Now, they make it because Fruity Loops can be downloaded for free. The majority of people that I see using the program all make beats on a freaking typing keyboard. Seriously, WTF.
#19
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Sirocco's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
If the guys who make these drum kits are so good at them, then why in the hell aren't they major producers.
how do you connect a sound designer/engineer and a producer together?

your logic is invalid.
#20
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma View Post
bla bla bla... Hip hop dont suck since fruitty loops, nonsense, there's kids making fire with cracks, some of them end up selling their beats to major artists and finally purchase their software, there was plenty of garbage in the 90's too, especially on the radio and hustle is nothing new to rap music, remeber the meaning of EPMD?

You dont like souf? dont listen to it, I personnally think there's some pretty good tracks in that style.
You always get one hero such as yourself trying defend hip hop, You must use a cracked version of FL yourself getting all emotional!

What you know bout tha South anyway Mr Foreigner Huh ?

Where u from Lapland.

Pssst.
#21
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Lrmusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
You always get one hero such as yourself trying defend hip hop, You must use cracks yourself getting all emotional!

What you know bout that South anyway Mr Foreigner Huh ?

Pssst.
Chain gleaming
Switching lanes
Two-seating
Hate him or love him
For the same reason
Can't leave it
The games needs him
Plus the people need someone to believe in
So in God's Son we trust
'Cause they know I'm gonna give 'em what they want
They looking for . . . a hero
I guess that makes me . . . a hero
#22
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #22
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
how do you connect a sound designer/engineer and a producer together?

your logic is invalid.
It's not invalid when guys like you say "If you want to sound like Timbaland buy my drum kits".
#23
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #23
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: jefferson city, mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
I ain't hating on them. If the music sounds good, it sounds good. Unfortunately, the music today suck because of them same broke kids.
What does how much money they have to start out with have to do with the result?
#24
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #24
Gear addict
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
I ain't hating on them. If the music sounds good, it sounds good. Unfortunately, the music today suck because of them same broke kids. 99% of these so called beat makers today wouldn't be making music at all if it wasn't for Fruity Loops and these weak ass drum kits. Making music has become a fad. People use to do it because they wanted to make good music and had a sincere passion for it. Now, they make it because Fruity Loops can be downloaded for free. The majority of people that I see using the program all make beats on a freaking typing keyboard. Seriously, WTF.
Well, studio musicians said the same thing when the digital sampler/sequencer came around. People have always seen music as a hustle, from the moment music became profitable. You think all of the one off soul groups from the 50's and 60's did it because they were die hard music fanatics? Nope. Some of them did it because they saw the "perceived" success of the Motown and Stax stables. Everything that is wrong with music today has been wrong with it in some form or the other when it first began being put out as a product. The same cats who are bitching about mp3 downloads are the same ones bitching when blank cassettes came out. Nothing is new under the sun.
#25
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #25
Gear addict
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
I agree,

They cant do that with Classical or Country cos its still based on being half talented meaning having the talent and experience to play an instrument.

This is how i see Hip Hop:

I check out youtube now and then for some inspiration to then see these teens in there bedroom with a computer that there parents bought with a cracked copy of the obvious fruityloops as a complete studio with yet another obvious factor, Making a southern beat,
Then a year later they pop up on forums like what mpc shall i buy simply cos they saw there idol using one on youtube feeling they can make hot beats with it.

I mean theres no creativity in it no more just hype so the inspired just follow.

I slyly think software developers should calm down on releasing there products every 6 months and let us just be creative rather than yo i need that new this or that.

A sequencer as basic as Notator can still let you get creative but all these limited edition fascinations and Shameless Marketing tools overlap our prime objective in making music and study more on that mpc and that neko etc.
First off, being able to play an instrument doesn't automatically make you talented. There's hella wannabe guitar players running the earth today and about a couple thousand starting out as we speak. If you want to blame anyone for the lack of musical talent possessed by most urban youth, blame the government for, with one swell swoop, wiping out music programs from most inner city schools. That was one of the reasons for the genesis of hip hop. So, a lot of these kids are unfairly disadvantaged and using whatever means they have available to them in order to get their music out. I can't knock that. Now, the wackness that some of them create, I can knock. And, yes, there are plenty of folks that only want to do it because of the larger than life image maintained by many of our production heroes. But, those people eventually move on to the next big hustle or just give up when they realize how difficult it really is.
#26
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #26
Gear Head
 
angelito's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 42

In a sense, it's kinda silly for people to give themselves this much of a stroke tryna tell everyone else what good music is. Kinda thinking back to my history of popular music course, I remember how music always evolved. And everytime it evolved, the apes that were left behind always were there tryna tell people what real music was, simply beause they weren't hot anymore. I'm not sayin the music industry is not without its flaws, but seriously, I've realized at the end of the day music isnt about the right eqs, or the perfect mix, or chord progressions, or even the amount of talent some of you anal music kno-it-alls preach about. It's whether or not you as an artist can bring out a certain emotion for someone to begin to bob their head tap their foot or keep that song stuck in someones head all day. Yea some of these bubblegum artist dont have any talent, but obviously they're able to do somethin to keep them in demand, and keep the music kno-it-alls preachin. So yea I agree, blah..blah...blah...blah....blah.....
#27
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #27
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedial View Post
Well, studio musicians said the same thing when the digital sampler/sequencer came around. People have always seen music as a hustle, from the moment music became profitable. You think all of the one off soul groups from the 50's and 60's did it because they were die hard music fanatics? Nope. Some of them did it because they saw the "perceived" success of the Motown and Stax stables. Everything that is wrong with music today has been wrong with it in some form or the other when it first began being put out as a product. The same cats who are bitching about mp3 downloads are the same ones bitching when blank cassettes came out. Nothing is new under the sun.
Back in the day, you had diversity and true talent. Don't get it twisted. Nobody from back in the day said "if you want to sound like Marvin Gaye or LL Cool J, buy my drum kits" etc. There is nothing wrong with hustling if the product you are selling is authenic and you own it. Recording 808s to tape and equing them differently then putting your stamp on them is plain pathetic and thievish. Nothing about these drum kits I have heard is anything new or spectactular. Recreating the sounds of Premo, Just Blaze, Mannie Fresh etc and then selling them to lazy, talentless wannbe musicians is below moral and shameful. These guys put their heart and soul into their music yet to have some wack ass idiot steal their hard work and resell it. Please, spare me.
#28
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #28
Gear addict
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma View Post
bla bla bla... Hip hop dont suck since fruitty loops, nonsense, there's kids making fire with cracks, some of them end up selling their beats to major artists and finally purchase their software, there was plenty of garbage in the 90's too, especially on the radio and hustle is nothing new to rap music, remeber the meaning of EPMD?

You dont like souf? dont listen to it, I personnally think there's some pretty good tracks in that style.
Co-sign. Cats been saying that the current hip hop environment sucks since it first started. Cats like the Sugarhill Gang may be praised today, but a lot of their peers back then disliked them for not writing their own lyrics and using studio musicians. Cat's today like to praise the 90's, but I remember MAD trash ass rap groups and songs that came out back then. I remember when there was a legion of Onyx clones and Das Efx clones, when Puffy and Bad Boy were supposedly killing hip hop, etc... There's always going to be something or someone to hate on within hip hop, but, on a whole, as long as there are still talented people putting out good music, whether underground or over, I'm sticking with it.
#29
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #29
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelito View Post
In a sense, it's kinda silly for people to give themselves this much of a stroke tryna tell everyone else what good music is. Kinda thinking back to my history of popular music course, I remember how music always evolved. And everytime it evolved, the apes that were left behind always were there tryna tell people what real music was, simply beause they weren't hot anymore. I'm not sayin the music industry is not without its flaws, but seriously, I've realized at the end of the day music isnt about the right eqs, or the perfect mix, or chord progressions, or even the amount of talent some of you anal music kno-it-alls preach about. It's whether or not you as an artist can bring out a certain emotion for someone to begin to bob their head tap their foot or keep that song stuck in someones head all day. Yea some of these bubblegum artist dont have any talent, but obviously they're able to do somethin to keep them in demand, and keep the music kno-it-alls preachin. So yea I agree, blah..blah...blah...blah....blah.....
The only people that love the music that's played on the radio now are the same people that sit on their asses downloading for free on the internet because they wouldn't dare spend their hard earned cash on that nonsense. So if you love the music of today, go out and buy it and stop lying to yourself.
#30
5th January 2010
Old 5th January 2010
  #30
Lives for gear
 
piccazzo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Posts: 671

Quote:
Unfortunately, the music today suck because of them same broke kids. 99% of these so called beat makers today wouldn't be making music at all if it wasn't for Fruity Loops and these weak ass drum kits. Making music has become a fad.
Today , in the past and in the future a GOOD producer can make a hit-track with whatever is infront of him , Fruityloops , an SSL Desk or whatever .

But i agree , a lotta crap has come out recently due to DAWs n computers being so cheap BUT also a lotta good NEW talent that never would have gotten any attention 10 years ago.

Not just in Hip-Hop , in almost every genre.

Hip-Hop just draws more wannabees because every kid watches MTV-Cribs and thinks that the rappers actually own their houses and cars and bling and whateva they flash on that show.

But as with everything else , the talent get the jobs done in the background and the wannabees come n go.

Seems everybody is either a Bad-ass Rapper , A supa Phat producer or a Superstar mega manager these days.
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Spall / So much gear, so little time!
21
Sirocco / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
40
cpierce0304 / Drums!
11
Mils / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
18
tobymusic / So much gear, so little time!
23

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.