Login / Register

Waves cla drool factor.......
New Reply
Subscribe
Killah_Trakz
28th December 2009
Old 28th December 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Send a message via AIM to Killah_Trakz Send a message via MSN to Killah_Trakz Send a message via Skype™ to Killah_Trakz
Waves cla drool factor.......

Cant withstand it anymore................ I'm going for it. TONY!!!!!
Killah_Trakz
28th December 2009
Old 28th December 2009

Send a message via AIM to Killah_Trakz Send a message via MSN to Killah_Trakz Send a message via Skype™ to Killah_Trakz
Ohh well theirs goes my child hood broke dreams of owning a pair of 'Space Jams"
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

What make these plugins different that the other emulated plugs of the same pieces of gear?
Is it just because of his name?
Am I missing something here?
What a bunch of "kaka doo doo!!"
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

that picture emulates hardware, visually, pretty well
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
What make these plugins different that the other emulated plugs of the same pieces of gear?
Is it just because of his name?
Am I missing something here?
What a bunch of "kaka doo doo!!"
PSM,
I'm usually very skeptical with any Waves stuff. But I was at a studio recently mixing a heavy rock track and the CLA plugs were available for me to use. They were fantastic. The only plugs from Waves I really like so far. And I'm a very hard person to please when it comes to software compression. But these are definitely recommended.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
PSM,
I'm usually very skeptical with any Waves stuff. But I was at a studio recently mixing a heavy rock track and the CLA plugs were available for me to use. They were fantastic. The only plugs from Waves I really like so far. And I'm a very hard person to please when it comes to software compression. But these are definitely recommended.
What makes them different??
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Maybe I'm jaded, but I just have a REALLY hard time getting excited about plugins.

The MDW EQ is pretty damn cool, and I just picked it up for $80 (a ****ing steal), but even that only mildly jazzed me.

On the other hand, I get the same buzz from spending $150 on a dbx 160x as I do blowing $2500 on a Helios 1R twin type69. Must be them shiny knobz and blinky lites
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
What makes them different??
They work very well for emulated plugins. I use them quite often.

I do feel Waves should have named them for what they are - and not after the owner of the units....
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009

Im mobile, macbook and mac mini. Always wanted a UAD but since theirs no firewire and I dont need a macbook pro I brought these instead. besides I support the big corporations cause they "support" me.

Next Maybe the Waves Vocal thingy just cause it cheap and the H Delay
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to gorillainthemix
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
Maybe I'm jaded, but I just have a REALLY hard time getting excited about plugins.

The MDW EQ is pretty damn cool, and I just picked it up for $80 (a ****ing steal), but even that only mildly jazzed me.

On the other hand, I get the same buzz from spending $150 on a dbx 160x as I do blowing $2500 on a Helios 1R twin type69. Must be them shiny knobz and blinky lites
but but but....these HAVE shiny knobs and blinky lights!
Killah_Trakz
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutch Master View Post
Those days of shiny lights are over for a majority of us. Ive always always always hoped for emu of these plugs for mac. Mind you I still havent installed my nebula 3 yet . 2009 Has been great to me!
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
They work very well for emulated plugins. I use them quite often.

I do feel Waves should have named them for what they are - and not after the owner of the units....
They are just compressors and we all know how to compress...I hope.
Of course,alot of hh cats really over compress.
I am not impressed by "names" associated with gear as they are just a ploy for the idiot consumers who think that their shit will sound just like those "names".
Just my fiddy cent.
Killah_Trakz
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009

Quote:
I am not impressed by "names" associated with gear as they are just a ploy for the idiot consumers who think that their shit will sound just like those "names".
Just my fiddy cent.
You are right these "RAP" guys compress just for the sake of hearing this all the time while their damn mpc's are at full level through out the beat creation. That puzzles me too. Me I actually have a lot of live drums and its nothing to do with hiphop. I like tonal charasteristics and hey its something for me too toy with. If I was into other hobbies than maybe I would have used it towards that. This is a "Slutz" site right?

I barely feed into hype now adays but these nifty thingies may make other eyes drool and have them fork over..... im not in the USA anymore so.....
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just my fiddy cent.

I heard comparisons against the uad on youtube and to me they sounded really good!

Theres a first time for everything, Knowing your not gonna run to go buy this product but just demo it and share with us your feedback on how u find it.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
I heard comparisons against the uad on youtube and to me they sounded really good!
Do you have any idea what YouTube does to audio?

Not sayin' the plugs don't compare favorably (I've heard from quite a few people I respect that they sound great), but please, don't look to YouTube for critical listening comparisons.
Killah_Trakz
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009

If their was an antress for osx and rtas I would be on it within a heartbeat and those freebies I like alot. But it is what it is. I dont care for the tech mumbo. I actually make music and keep on moving then staring and caring bout people rants n raves online. Long live the 90's on this side.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Yo know what the UAD SSL 4k bundle is nothing to play with. Im a UAD lover and also own the waves diamond I mainly use my digi plugs (compressor and eq) and the UAD SSL Bundle along side with my hardware. I find both equally good.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsound View Post
Yo know what the UAD SSL 4k bundle is nothing to play with. Im a UAD lover and also own the waves diamond I mainly use my digi plugs (compressor and eq) and the UAD SSL Bundle along side with my hardware. I find both equally good.
3 UAD cards here!! and a UAD quad on the way...plus you dont have to deal with all of that "big name engineer" crap.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
3 UAD cards here!! and a UAD quad on the way...plus you dont have to deal with all of that "big name engineer" crap.
Hey Philly have you had any feedback from Waves on there poor loading times on PT yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10LCZODPQFE
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytee View Post
Hey Philly have you had any feedback from Waves on there poor loading times on PT yet?
Hi T..not yet.
Shit,if the skys were safe Id go to Tel Aviv with a quickness.

hmm..where did I put my Uzzi????
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

I wouldn`t depend on YouTube for sound... or comparing any sort of audio.
You can download the plugs for free on the Waves site. I own the CLA plugs, I will say this, they are very nice, they have character and grit/dirt which the other Waves compressors don`t have. However, they are not good for everything but you knew that already. Right?

Waves just released the H Comp and H Delay. I love the H Comp. To me, it is the most transparent compressor plug I have used to date. You can audition that too, I think its in the Gold Native Bundle.

You don`t need any more gear, you need to re-write the chorus.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009

youtube can sound pretty good, when in hd. how else can we compare audio in 2010?
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malki View Post
youtube can sound pretty good, when in hd. how else can we compare audio in 2010?
There's two (characteristically cynical) answers to this question:

1. software doesn't sound or behave like hardware. Ever. Not yet at least. So there's no use in making "comparisons". Just find a plugin that sounds great, and who cares HOW it compares to its hardware counterparts.

2. if you absolutely MUST make a comparison (and I know you do, because we're curious little dweebs and we can't help ourselves), you MUST do so in-person, with the hardware in question. Everything from how you manipulate the material going into the units, to how and where in the chain you plug them in, can have an impact on its response and sound. A third-party YouTube video (even if YouTube some day becomes full-resolution, 44.1/16, or whatever) doesn't offer any real insight. Particularly if the video you watch is made by the company selling the "clone".

I know that this last one is tough for most folks. I mean, how many of us have access to a Fairchild, or even an 1176? But to make a comparison of any REAL VALUE, it's imperative you get in there and try it yourself: there's just way too many variables in each person's workflow. Other folks' comparisons may be fun and interesting, they may even be informative, but it's just not the same as getting your hands on these things yourself and really puttin' em through their paces.

Which is why answer #1 is probably a better, more realistic answer.

But #2 is more fun.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Speaking of comparisons....
I was working over at Ameraycan studios in North Hollywood not long after the Waves SSL plug ins came out..
The studio has two SSL rooms.
I was in studio A which has a 56 input E series board and my engineer there is a real SSL kind of guy.
I was recording vocals for my Deniece Williams project as well as some guest artists including Phillip Bailey of EWF,Stevie Wonder,George Duke,Everette Harp,GregAdams(TOP),Freddie Washington(Steely Dan) just to name a few.
Everything else was tracked at my studio,Studio E and a lot of the stuff was either tracked with the SSL plugs on input or as inserts.
I had my I Lok with me so we up loaded the SSL plugs and we made a comparison between the plugs and the board and they were identical!
So there you go.
But you must remember that we were in a super pro facility and an awesome well tuned control room.... and not some lame ass beatmaker's bedroom.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

An accurate comparison can only be made in person with two or more components present, set at the same volume with the same material running through them. Lots of people like to post files of their experiences and that works for them but for the other person on the other end of the wire, God knows how much is lost. The reviewer is hearing things first hand. After data compression, peoples monitors and rooms, they cannot possibly be hearing what the original poster was hearing. So all of these threads with clips are interesting and quite useless.

What it comes down to is auditioning what you feel grooves with you and only after living with a piece of gear and running material through it, as well as the other units you`re auditioning... only then can some sort of conclusion be made as to what is best for that specific application.

So we can piss and whine about how this software does or doesn`t sound like its hardware cousin all we want, but what it comes down to is, does it sound good? Does it do what you need it to do?
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
But you must remember that we were in a super pro facility and an awesome well tuned control room.... and not some lame ass beatmaker's bedroom.
you must!
I lol'd
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
An accurate comparison can only be made in person with two or more components present, set at the same volume with the same material running through them. Lots of people like to post files of their experiences and that works for them but for the other person on the other end of the wire, God knows how much is lost. The reviewer is hearing things first hand. After data compression, peoples monitors and rooms, they cannot possibly be hearing what the original poster was hearing. So all of these threads with clips are interesting and quite useless.

What it comes down to is auditioning what you feel grooves with you and only after living with a piece of gear and running material through it, as well as the other units you`re auditioning... only then can some sort of conclusion be made as to what is best for that specific application.

So we can piss and whine about how this software does or doesn`t sound like its hardware cousin all we want, but what it comes down to is, does it sound good? Does it do what you need it to do?
Infinitely more articulate than the point I was trying to make above. Thank you, sir!
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

this post made me click on our site, and you have a "Plug Slut"-section...My man. You win the Internetz.
29th December 2009
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
you must!
I lol'd
I missed my calling as a comedian...so far.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search