beat buying contract anyone?
fdamusic
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear maniac

beat buying contract anyone?

hello im currently buying beats from other producers i was wondering if yall can pin point me to the correct contracts for exclusive beats, so i can give beat makers these contracts to sign stateing that i own these beats.

thank you
fdamusic.com
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

I would do a 50/50 split.
fdamusic
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear maniac

my friend, i didnt ask about the split im asking if you know where to get contracts? of course im not saying i made the beat but simply stating that its for me and noone else to make a song out of.
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear addict

fdamusic
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
Well, here is a link for you.

Let me google that for you

Or you could even search the forums here and you will get tons of links.
your still mis understanding me, my brother sent me that link as well. i don't know what the contract is called? but if there is no definitive answer ill call a lawyer thanks for yalls help.

thanks i liked your last comment i will search the forum your first one was very rude and disrespectful.
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear addict

There is no definitive answer to the question you are asking. Is the beat a "Work For Hire", is the maker of the beat going to want a split, is the maker of the beat going to want full publishing and production credit? Etc. Etc.

There is no simple answer to the question you are asking, I also highly doubt the maker of the beat if he is worth his/her salt is going to just sell you a beat without getting at least 50%.

There are many contracts and many ways a deal can go, what you are looking for isn't a contract, what you are looking for is mechanical license with exclusive rights.

Edit to add -

No my first link wasn't rude and disrespectful if you read the sticky's at the top of the forum you should see one that says you should SEARCH first before asking questions. Also the question that you asked, as I explained above, shows that you really need to do a lot more learning and understanding of how the music business works.

If you had a basic understanding of the music business there would be no need for you to ask the question you did.
fdamusic
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
There is no definitive answer to the question you are asking. Is the beat a "Work For Hire", is the maker of the beat going to want a split, is the maker of the beat going to want full publishing and production credit? Etc. Etc.

There is no simple answer to the question you are asking, I also highly doubt the maker of the beat if he is worth his/her salt is going to just sell you a beat without getting at least 50%.

There are many contracts and many ways a deal can go, what you are looking for isn't a contract, what you are looking for is mechanical license with exclusive rights.

Edit to add -

No my first link wasn't rude and disrespectful if you read the sticky's at the top of the forum you should see one that says you should SEARCH first before asking questions. Also the question that you asked, as I explained above, shows that you really need to do a lot more learning and understanding of how the music business works.

If you had a basic understanding of the music business there would be no need for you to ask the question you did.
thats what im talking about , educational answers are the best. thank you very much doc.

i did search im just ignorant of these things. thanks you very much again.
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdamusic View Post
my friend, i didnt ask about the split im asking if you know where to get contracts? of course im not saying i made the beat but simply stating that its for me and noone else to make a song out of.
What? You want your money back?
fdamusic
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACKPIPE View Post
What? You want your money back?
lol funny.
11th November 2009
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear