New orleans bounce sounds
Old 25th August 2009
Gear interested

New orleans bounce sounds

Anyone on here familiar with New Orleans bounce music? I am trying to find some of the samples that are used in a lot of bounce songs like the vox samples and such.
Old 25th August 2009
Lives for gear

Old 25th August 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

If you want those authenic percussion sounds ala mannie fresh you got to get the old school Emu samplers along with the sample disks. Truly amazing sounds and the quality is second to none and screams hip-hop.
Old 25th August 2009
Gear maniac

Drag rap is pretty much the source of most new orleans bounce songs
Old 27th August 2009
Gear maniac

re

drag rap is it. Sometimes called triggerman.
Old 28th August 2009
Lives for gear

I got a trivia question for you all. (And I was the first to sample Trigger man in New Orleans too.)

The sound that starts it off that everybody samples. Who (besides Fresh cause I know he knows) knows what keyboard it comes from?
Old 28th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I got a trivia question for you all. (And I was the first to sample Trigger man in New Orleans too.)

The sound that starts it off that everybody samples. Who (besides Fresh cause I know he knows) knows what keyboard it comes from?
Would it be a casio?
Old 28th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrob View Post
Would it be a casio?
Nope
Old 28th August 2009
Gear nut

Not really sure, but it sounds like it could be yamaha
Old 29th August 2009
Quote:

Emulator II...

Is there a prize?
Old 22nd June 2011
Gear addict

You need the Trigga Man Beat & the Brown Beat. The trigga man beat is the song called Drag Rap by the Showboys; and the brown beat is a song called Rock The Beat and Derek B and the instrumental is called Brown Beat by Cameron Paul. I have the regular and instrumental for both songs, some samples I made in Acid Pro and some other bounce samples. Also, get on Youtube and look for Bounce Remix or New Orleans Bounce Remix by dj's like DJ Money Fresh and DJ Duck (they make r&b bounce remixes), you can also just play the drum patterns that Money Fresh & Duck uses (they sometimes use a particular snare/clap over their mixes that i need to sample. I think they took it from an old bounce song and I would have to go throw all of my bounce music to find a good hq version to sample).

Also, check out this video and see a guy playing the bounce samples live on a ASR-10 at the end of the video.

And check out this guy who shows you how to make bounce in FL Studio. His tempo is down in double time and bounce songs are really done at 95 to 105B BPM.

PM me and I can send you a dl link for the trigga man beat & brown beat that I already uploaded (including some samples I got when I traded samples with the guy from the last 2 Youtube videos).

I can't remember any bounce songs that have the trigga man drum loop and the brown beat drum loop mixed together in it but I remember reading on Youtube somewhere that Mannie Fresh did that in a song (I think a Magnolia Shorty song) (I put them together in Sony Acid and it sounds tight).

I'll post more info when I get home since it's saved on my laptop and I'm on my pc at school right now.

Derek B- Rock the Beat

Cameron Paul - Brown Beats
Old 22nd June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:

DX7 ??
Old 22nd June 2011
Gear interested

If I am correct the keyboard is a Roland W30
Old 22nd June 2011
Gear addict

i beatmapped them in sony acid pro, exported the drum loop into pro tools 9 and everything loops perfectly in both programs
Brown Beat 103.073
Trigga Man Beat 95.481
i've read somewhere (or saw on youtube) that the newer bounce has a faster tempo, but i can't find it any more.

here's are some other songs that are used in a lot of bounce.
Bounce Breaks Archive
Ain't U Freshco" by Freshco & Miz?
"Amen Brother" by the Winstones
"Ashley's Roachclip" by the Soul Searchers
"B*tch Get Off Me (instr)" by Cheeky Blakk
"B*tches Reply" by DJ Jimi
"Brick" by Dazz
"Can't Hide Love" by Earth Wind & Fire
"Check Your Bucket" by Eddie Bo
"The Choice Is Yours (This or that)" by Black Sheep
"Clean Up Woman" by Betty Wright
"Dear Yvette" by LL Cool J
"Din Daa Daa" by George Kranz
"Everlasting Bass" by Rodney O & Joe Cooley
"Express Yourself" by NWA
"Feel Like Funkin' It Up" by Rebirth Brass Band
"For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays
"Funky Drummer" by James Brown
"Halloween (Theme)" by John Carpenter
"Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic" by Isaac Hayes
"I Ain't Trippin" by Too $hort
"I Want You Back" by the Jackson Five
"Ike's Mood" by Isaac Hayes
"Impressions" by McCoy Tyner
"It Ain't My Fault" by Rebirth Brass Band
"It's Just Begun" by Jimmy Castor Bunch
"Kool is Back" by Funk Inc.
"Mardis Gras Medley" by Rebirth Brass Band
"Mister Magic" by Grover Washington
"Nadia's Theme" by Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr.
"Network" (the movie)
"Paid in Full" by Eric B & Rakim
"Shake Your Body" by Rebirth Brass Band
"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
"Stone Fox Chase" by Val Doonican & Charlie McCoy
"Summer Breeze" by the Isley Brothers
"Take Me to Mardis Gras" by Bob James
"That's What You Get (For Being Polite)" by the Jackson Five
"Think" by Lyn Collins
"Tippi Toes" by the Meters
"UFO" by ESG
"Watermelon Man" by Herbie Hancock
"Where They At?" by TT Tucker
"Who's the Man (with the Master Plan)" by the Kay-Gees
"You Make Me Nasty" by Rebirth Brass Band
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djloekee27 View Post
You need the Trigga Man Beat & the Brown Beat. The trigga man beat is the song called Drag Rap by the Showboys; and the brown beat is a song called Rock The Beat and Derek B and the instrumental is called Brown Beat by Cameron Paul. I have the regular and instrumental for both songs, some samples I made in Acid Pro and some other bounce samples. Also, get on Youtube and look for Bounce Remix or New Orleans Bounce Remix by dj's like DJ Money Fresh and DJ Duck (they make r&b bounce remixes), you can also just play the drum patterns that Money Fresh & Duck uses (they sometimes use a particular snare/clap over their mixes that i need to sample. I think they took it from an old bounce song and I would have to go throw all of my bounce music to find a good hq version to sample).

Also, check out this video and see a guy playing the bounce samples live on a ASR-10 at the end of the video.

And check out this guy who shows you how to make bounce in FL Studio. His tempo is down in double time and bounce songs are really done at 95 to 105B BPM.

PM me and I can send you a dl link for the trigga man beat & brown beat that I already uploaded (including some samples I got when I traded samples with the guy from the last 2 Youtube videos).

I can't remember any bounce songs that have the trigga man drum loop and the brown beat drum loop mixed together in it but I remember reading on Youtube somewhere that Mannie Fresh did that in a song (I think a Magnolia Shorty song) (I put them together in Sony Acid and it sounds tight).

I'll post more info when I get home since it's saved on my laptop and I'm on my pc at school right now.

Derek B- Rock the Beat

Cameron Paul - Brown Beats
I never thought I'd see the day on Gearslutz where someone would be asking about "bounce" music sounds.

cool.

Bounce music stems from old school hip hop ala mantronix.
The real "secret" to doing it is simple.
That dude at the end of the video with the SP1200 is DJ Duck. The dude sitting next to him is DJ Jimi. The two dudes most widely known outside New Orleans for producing records from New Orleans are Fresh and KL.
And they are DJ Manny Fresh and DJ KLC
DJ Duck
DJ Jimi
DJ Manny Fresh
DJ KLC

(see the pattern yet?)
Old 10th November 2011
Gear nut

Classic sh#t!

Old 10th November 2011
Gear addict

theres another big song missing on here
Old 22nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Old 23rd November 2011
Jack of all Trades
Quote:
Does that mean YOU ARE WHO I THINK?
Old 24th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day on Gearslutz where someone would be asking about "bounce" music sounds.

. . . . .
Hhhhuh bruh. missing home as well especial this week. Thx Givn, BOTB, Bayou Classic. I feel like marching..lol

anyway...
MANNIE FRESH

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search