Logic equivalent for Windows
Old 20th August 2009
  #1
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Logic equivalent for Windows

I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I don't mind buying protools hardware if I have to make the switch to Protools.
Old 20th August 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 

You bought a PC for video editing purposes???

Shouldn't that be the other way around?


Cubase would probably be your best bet....
Old 20th August 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
Cubase, hands down.

PC for video? Sure! I used to edit video and did a bunch of pro work on a PC.
Old 20th August 2009
  #4
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Cubase, hands down.

PC for video? Sure! I used to edit video and did a bunch of pro work on a PC.
The PC I set up with Samplitude has latencies below 10us and I haven't even tweaked it for audio. It's based on an Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 4 gb of Corsair ram, and windows XP. The Apple guys just got a bunch of suckers that's all who don't mine forking over rediculous amounts of money for nothing spectatcular. If people stay off the internet and use your DAW strictly for recording purposes, they wouldn't have half the problems they have. I built my system including the RME 9632 and the Dell 22" display for around $1300.
Old 20th August 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
JaeOne3345's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
The PC I set up with Samplitude has latencies below 10us and I haven't even tweaked it for audio. It's based on an Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 4 gb of Corsair ram, and windows XP. The Apple guys just got a bunch of suckers that's all who don't mine forking over rediculous amounts of money for nothing spectatcular. If people stay off the internet and use your DAW strictly for recording purposes, they wouldn't have half the problems they have. I built my system including the RME 9632 and the Dell 22" display for around $1300.
way to generalize.

I have both pc and mac, and I just simply prefer osx to windows. has nothing to do with me being a sucker. thank you.
Old 20th August 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrackz View Post
I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I don't mind buying protools hardware if I have to make the switch to Protools.
I'd say Cubase. If you have a PC for vid editting then make sure your graphic card isn't loud.
Old 20th August 2009
  #7
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Hey thanks guys, yeah by looking at a few pics/videos of Cubase I see that its the closest thing to Logic I could find.

And the reason why i bought a PC is because my work uses Sony Vegas + After Effects. I personally prefer Final Cut Studio, but I know my boss isn't willing to switch over all the computers to a Mac.

And my graphics loud is sort of loud but Ive put my PC inside one of them sound insulated cabinets, cant hear a dam thing :D
Old 20th August 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrackz View Post
Hey thanks guys, yeah by looking at a few pics/videos of Cubase I see that its the closest thing to Logic I could find.

And the reason why i bought a PC is because my work uses Sony Vegas + After Effects. I personally prefer Final Cut Studio, but I know my boss isn't willing to switch over all the computers to a Mac.

And my graphics loud is sort of loud but Ive put my PC inside one of them sound insulated cabinets, cant hear a dam thing :D

Bet that. If you are the video editor why does everyone else need Macs? Are u on a team?

U should've passed on your computer expenses to the company and spec'd out a top of the line PC for video editting and pass on all cost of audio and video production to the company.
Old 20th August 2009
  #9
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Yeah I am not the only video editor there, and there is also a bunch of 3D modelling artists who all work with 3ds Max (windows only). So my boss thinks if PC's are doing the job then why upgrade?

Can't say that I agree with him, but hey, as long as he pays me I couldn't care less lol.
Old 20th August 2009
  #10
Gear maniac
 
LAVLAB's Avatar
SONAR!!
Old 21st August 2009
  #11
Lives for gear
 
SANDS's Avatar
 

I use Cubase 5 for both platforms

Duet Mac

Emu 0404 usb 2.0 PC

or Audiofire 4 PC
Old 22nd August 2009
  #12
Dor
Lives for gear
 
Dor's Avatar
Dual boot between windows & osx86.
Old 23rd August 2009
  #13
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
7161's Avatar
 

why not just use logic 5 pc version and try and find a copy you can legaly buy - perhaps s/h on ebay?


sure it's not got the new bits of more recent logic version but has track automation and everything is the same as u are used to for the editor windows and arrange page etc, and u can load songs u made into logic on mac if required

so why not just use logic 5.5 pc?
Old 25th August 2009
  #14
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrackz View Post
I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I don't mind buying protools hardware if I have to make the switch to Protools.
Studio One
Old 28th August 2009
  #15
Closing thing is def cubase. Cakewalk is a lil all over the place but I would suggest protools if your not heavy into vsti
Old 28th August 2009
  #16
Gear Head
 
xitfactory's Avatar
 

FL studio
Old 28th August 2009
  #17
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
The PC I set up with Samplitude has latencies below 10us and I haven't even tweaked it for audio. It's based on an Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 4 gb of Corsair ram, and windows XP. The Apple guys just got a bunch of suckers that's all who don't mine forking over rediculous amounts of money for nothing spectatcular. If people stay off the internet and use your DAW strictly for recording purposes, they wouldn't have half the problems they have. I built my system including the RME 9632 and the Dell 22" display for around $1300.
No offense to the Mac guys,but imho,MACs are an"elitist thing"
The op system changes according the "pussy of the month".
Ill stick to my super maxed PCs.
Old 29th August 2009
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrackz View Post
I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I don't mind buying protools hardware if I have to make the switch to Protools.
I'm running Samplitude Pro and Magix Video Pro X for video editing on PC.
If you're attached to using the Mac, then you can also use bootcamp.

Greg
Old 29th August 2009
  #19
Gear addict
 
Magic Theatre's Avatar
 

Cubase 5 is great. I also run Sony Vegas 9.0 on my PC and it's awesome. Nothing wrong with doing video editing on a PC, despite what some may say.
Old 29th August 2009
  #20
Lives for gear
 

Vegas Pro is great for video. And PC only. I installed Vista bootcamp on my MacBook to run it there also.
Old 30th August 2009
  #21
Lives for gear
 

for video - Sony Vegas
for audio - Samplitude
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
paul101 / So much gear, so little time!
12
introvert / Post Production forum!
3
introvert / Music Computers
4
SK1 / So much gear, so little time!
32

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.