Logic equivalent for Windows
New Reply
Subscribe
Kontrackz
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Gear Head

Logic equivalent for Windows

I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I don't mind buying protools hardware if I have to make the switch to Protools.
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
You bought a PC for video editing purposes???

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Cubase would probably be your best bet....
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

Cubase, hands down.

PC for video? Sure! I used to edit video and did a bunch of pro work on a PC.
Three international #1 hit radio singles
Me: www.vonpimpenstein.com | Studio: www.feistychicken.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/chriscarterproducer
MIX RATES: Standard major label $700, Standard indie/unsigned $299(temporary price from $550), Promo $49-$99
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Cubase, hands down.

PC for video? Sure! I used to edit video and did a bunch of pro work on a PC.
The PC I set up with Samplitude has latencies below 10us and I haven't even tweaked it for audio. It's based on an Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 4 gb of Corsair ram, and windows XP. The Apple guys just got a bunch of suckers that's all who don't mine forking over rediculous amounts of money for nothing spectatcular. If people stay off the internet and use your DAW strictly for recording purposes, they wouldn't have half the problems they have. I built my system including the RME 9632 and the Dell 22" display for around $1300.
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
The PC I set up with Samplitude has latencies below 10us and I haven't even tweaked it for audio. It's based on an Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 4 gb of Corsair ram, and windows XP. The Apple guys just got a bunch of suckers that's all who don't mine forking over rediculous amounts of money for nothing spectatcular. If people stay off the internet and use your DAW strictly for recording purposes, they wouldn't have half the problems they have. I built my system including the RME 9632 and the Dell 22" display for around $1300.
way to generalize.

I have both pc and mac, and I just simply prefer osx to windows. has nothing to do with me being a sucker. thank you.
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrackz View Post
I have been using Logic Pro for about 2 years on my macbook, and words can't explain how much I love it lol.

BUT, I just bought a PC (for video editing purposes) but I also want to use it for Audio Production... So what would be the closest thing to logic for a PC? Another question is im also using an Apogee Duet, so i would need a PC equivalent for that as well.

I'd say Cubase. If you have a PC for vid editting then make sure your graphic card isn't loud.
Kontrackz
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Gear Head

Hey thanks guys, yeah by looking at a few pics/videos of Cubase I see that its the closest thing to Logic I could find.

And the reason why i bought a PC is because my work uses Sony Vegas + After Effects. I personally prefer Final Cut Studio, but I know my boss isn't willing to switch over all the computers to a Mac.

And my graphics loud is sort of loud but Ive put my PC inside one of them sound insulated cabinets, cant hear a dam thing :D
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
Quote:
Hey thanks guys, yeah by looking at a few pics/videos of Cubase I see that its the closest thing to Logic I could find.

And the reason why i bought a PC is because my work uses Sony Vegas + After Effects. I personally prefer Final Cut Studio, but I know my boss isn't willing to switch over all the computers to a Mac.

And my graphics loud is sort of loud but Ive put my PC inside one of them sound insulated cabinets, cant hear a dam thing :D

Bet that. If you are the video editor why does everyone else need Macs? Are u on a team?

U should've passed on your computer expenses to the company and spec'd out a top of the line PC for video editting and pass on all cost of audio and video production to the company.
Kontrackz
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Gear Head

Yeah I am not the only video editor there, and there is also a bunch of 3D modelling artists who all work with 3ds Max (windows only). So my boss thinks if PC's are doing the job then why upgrade?

Can't say that I agree with him, but hey, as long as he pays me I couldn't care less lol.
20th August 2009
Old 20th August 2009
Gear maniac

SONAR!!
21st August 2009
Old 21st August 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to SANDS
I use Cubase 5 for both platforms

Duet Mac

Emu 0404 usb 2.0 PC

or Audiofire 4 PC

"OH! There's air in my Hi Hat! I like that very much!
Dor
22nd August 2009
Old 22nd August 2009
Dor
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Dual boot between windows & osx86.
23rd August 2009
Old 23rd August 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

why not just use logic 5 pc version and try and find a copy you can legaly buy - perhaps s/h on ebay?

sure it's not got the new bits of more recent logic version but has track automation and everything is the same as u are used to for the editor windows and arrange page etc, and u can load songs u made into logic on mac if required

so why not just use logic 5.5 pc?
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:

Studio One
28th August 2009
Old 28th August 2009
Lives for gear

Closing thing is def cubase. Cakewalk is a lil all over the place but I would suggest protools if your not heavy into vsti
28th August 2009
Old 28th August 2009
Gear Head

FL studio
28th August 2009
Old 28th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
No offense to the Mac guys,but imho,MACs are an"elitist thing"
The op system changes according the "pussy of the month".
Ill stick to my super maxed PCs.
29th August 2009
Old 29th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

I'm running Samplitude Pro and Magix Video Pro X for video editing on PC.
If you're attached to using the Mac, then you can also use bootcamp.

Greg
29th August 2009
Old 29th August 2009
Gear addict

Cubase 5 is great. I also run Sony Vegas 9.0 on my PC and it's awesome. Nothing wrong with doing video editing on a PC, despite what some may say.
29th August 2009
Old 29th August 2009
Lives for gear

Vegas Pro is great for video. And PC only. I installed Vista bootcamp on my MacBook to run it there also.
30th August 2009
Old 30th August 2009
Lives for gear

for video - Sony Vegas
for audio - Samplitude
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search