Login / Register

The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread
New Reply
Subscribe
TonyBelmont
10th June 2009
Old 10th June 2009

The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread

This thread is for showing your mixes, asking for advice on a mix, etc.

Do Not Start a Thread Asking For People To Check Out Your Music!!!!!!!!

POST MP3's HERE IN THIS THREAD!

NO MYSPACE, SOUNDCLICK OR OTHER OFFSITE LINKS... MP3's ONLY, attached to your post.

Also, please note... No one is obligated to check out your music. If you don't get any feedback, then get back to work and don't worry what other people think.
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
Ohhhhhh shit!!!! Mixes coming soon!!!!
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

One rap, one pop

Hard hitting and ambient at the same time.

Blend of live guitars and synths with pumping drums.
Two rappers, with a different beat (instruments/melody, that is) on each verse.
The chorus has a ambient feel, with a lot of different sounds interacting under the singing.

Play at 720p for decent quality

EDITED JUNE 13/12:
Attached Files

Last edited by coyotekells; 14th June 2012 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: link a current mix
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells View Post
Here's one of my own songs, as well as a client's (both tracked and mixed by me)

Crazy World is rap with an Akon-esque hook, Right Back is..ahh.. urban pop? The latter wouldn't attach, too big, so there's a direct MP3 download link.

I'm especially curious what deficiencies hit you ears first.. I am aware of some, but curious what bothers other folks. What you like about either mix is nice to hear to of course.

http://www.stkelly.com/promodl/st_kelly-right_back.php

On Crazy World from my perspective, maybe make that intro going into the hook hit harder. Other than that, great track. I like it.

On Right Back, it's a kool laid back joint. On your harmony parts, it seems just a lil too low. Maybe bring it up just a tad bit. I liked the delay in the first verse. I like the transition in the 3rd verse. It changes the feeling. Maybe a bit of verb cause the vocals in the end sound dry. I also don't like the mix of the reg verse and higher pitched. Maybe once with the lower and switch it to the high pitched one (completely personal preference so you can go with your own direction). Great joints!
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

NO MYSPACE, SOUNDCLICK OR OTHER OFFSITE LINKS... MP3's ONLY, attached to your post.

Could we start some kind of petition to up the mp3 file size? My tracks wont fit. It's 10.1MB for that 4:30 song. Thanks for stickying a section to post up mixes in the rap/hiphop section.
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Nitty B.mp3 (5.96 MB, 3629 views)
TonyBelmont
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikky View Post
Could we start some kind of petition to up the mp3 file size? My tracks wont fit. It's 10.1MB for that 4:30 song. Thanks for stickying a section to post up mixes in the rap/hiphop section.
No. It's not possible... the limit is just under 8MB per MP3.
11th June 2009
Old 11th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
No. It's not possible... the limit is just under 8MB per MP3.
Aight well thanks. You know of any direct download sites or anybody know of any direct download sites to get around this?
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Keyflo
Quote:
Aight well thanks. You know of any direct download sites or anybody know of any direct download sites to get around this?
just try and upload clips of of the hooks or verses
TonyBelmont
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009

Quote:
Just post a shortened version... No one is going to listen to the whole thing.
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to YungFreshRecord
Help With My New Track

hey yall , I Was Wondering What Can I do as in engineering to make my track Sound better , more compress and clear.
I've already apply eq and compress/limiter and de esser on my vocals

Heres my tracking

And Heres The Track Preview
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Flamez - Life Is Good Preview 6.mp3 (1.09 MB, 3620 views)
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
First use Sound Replacer... The samples you chose are pretty bad.... The Anita Baker sample seems like it's just "there" and not really cohesive to the mix. Everything is just sitting on top of each other... Have you tried panning? It'll open your mix more and can sit things better...
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Gear interested

what exactly is sound replacer , and is there anyway you can guide me throught it ? , i've tried to pan everything .
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to voicegenius
Sound replacer is something you use to replace sounds if the sample/audio is sucky, but I suggest re-working the track as a whole. Choose better drum samples... A better track results in a better and easier mix... Seems like the track is very muddy.
12th June 2009
Old 12th June 2009
Gear interested

the instrumental is a beat from another artist, producer leaked the beat to me , i'm worryin more about the vocals more than anything
13th June 2009
Old 13th June 2009
Lives for gear

hmmm..it might be time for the hip hop forum to get some sub-forums.
14th June 2009
Old 14th June 2009
Gear Head

damn.. most of my joints are over 8 mb.. and i really dont feel like recalling the files to shorten them.. maybe lata..
14th June 2009
Old 14th June 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungFreshRecord View Post
what exactly is sound replacer , and is there anyway you can guide me throught it ? , i've tried to pan everything .

Just curious.. what kind of converters you have.. are you using stock 002 or 003 didgi?
14th June 2009
Old 14th June 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolla006 View Post
Just curious.. what kind of converters you have.. are you using stock 002 or 003 didgi?
yeah i think so
17th June 2009
Old 17th June 2009
Gear interested

Giving the vocal more "space" would def. do the trick. But you would need to remix the playback in order to do so. Everything else will make things worse I guess.
18th June 2009
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's one of my own songs, as well as a client's (both tracked and mixed by me)

Crazy World is rap with an Akon-esque hook, Right Back is..ahh.. urban pop? The latter wouldn't attach, too big, so there's a direct MP3 download link.

I'm especially curious what deficiencies hit you ears first.. I am aware of some, but curious what bothers other folks. What you like about either mix is nice to hear to of course.

I like the first one.
18th June 2009
Old 18th June 2009
Gear maniac

Track called Battle by Kortexx.

Still unfinished, this is a rough mix as for now,

Its a very dense/busy mix with a lot of orchestral sounds but I still wanted to create an epic type Uk Hip Hop track.

I'm both producing and mixing this album which is due to be released soon.

The Bit-rate is not 320 as the file size was to big, just to clarify.

Your thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 battle new.mp3 (5.49 MB, 3333 views)
"It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-man affected kids born in the eighties, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

If the opposite of a pro is a con, then look beyond this, the opposite of congress must be progress!
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sounds great to me. I like the way the compression pumps on the kick.

NOTE: I listened through my headphones.

DOWNLOAD LATEST SONG AT
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/he...le/id833822591

ANDROID
https://play.google.com/store/music/...f5j6rxzq4i554i

SOUND CLOUD
https://soundcloud.com/trell-blaze

------------------------------------------------
Trell Blaze Music
------------------------------------------------
email: coopdevillian@gmail.com
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinnacleProdUK View Post
Track called Battle by Kortexx.

Still unfinished, this is a rough mix as for now,

Its a very dense/busy mix with a lot of orchestral sounds but I still wanted to create an epic type Uk Hip Hop track.

I'm both producing and mixing this album which is due to be released soon.

The Bit-rate is not 320 as the file size was to big, just to clarify.

Your thoughts?
This really sounds like something that belongs in a movie....seriously. Nice...

I think the vocals are kinda boxy and slightly overcompressed but that's a taste thing. I don't think it destroys the song in anyway.
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Gear interested

Mix

Heres a clip from 1 of my tracks. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: wma secMtest.wma (2.19 MB, 360 views)
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Gear interested

Quote:

Not sure If you want to hear from a "noobie" but here's what I hear:

1) "Crazy world" is a pretty nice track...my wifey even asked "is that TPain or Akon or one of those guys?" Lol!

2) I longed to have a lil' more something on "Right Back"...a lil' more production or backing vox! It throws serious jabs but it needed that sudden right hook, uppercut or something to throw a shift in there somewhere! Dre could have very well produced this track but of course Dre would throw in some (more) horn blasts early on or a tambourine rattle or a zoom shift somewhere u'feel? The backing vox seem a little tamed and held back volume wise...I'm expecting that at the second chorus things will get louder and so on but never get it! Very laid back track tho with nice musicality and this is a really good vibe...very RandB-esque (remember that dude? He was good!). Oh yeah and on that "aye" part in the end I thought was gonna be the cookie cutter 8-16 bar spit (rap)! To my surprize and a bit of dismay it wasn't! The status quo rap w/i a given song (name your genre) often has become so mundane and redundant! Yet, if there was ever a place to have someone spit the hotness it was at that point...like I said it builds up nicely to it with the style and feel of this song! Didn't have to have the puffy, BIG or Jay "yeah...uh huh...uh huh..." preface before the spit just that "AYE" would start the spit!

Very solid on both cuts bruh!

Hymn
20th June 2009
Old 20th June 2009
Gear addict

OK, this is the snippet of the songs I have mixed, the first two things on the snippet could have louder kick in my opinion but that's the fattest I could make it because producers didn't want to give me the tracked out beats, so I have to make something by eq-ing and compressing the whole beat, and of course when you hear some songs at the end of snippet on some wierd language that Serbian language, Serbia (East Europe) where I am from, but most songs are from USA artists...Those beats aren't produced by me (except last two), I'm mostly sound engineer (doing and other kind of musics but started with rap) but I'm a producer as well, there are lot of my beats in my signature...
Give some comments.Peace
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 JanZoo - Snippet.mp3 (5.94 MB, 2085 views)
20th June 2009
Old 20th June 2009
Gear maniac

Activist - Radio

Here's a Song I retracked & remixed yesterday. Its a radio edit so I want it to be as good as it can be. I kinda premastered it to the best of my ability. If it gets chosen for air play I will have a pro master it.

I mixed entirely itb only using plugs. Now that I listen I will turn up the synth in the intro, & maybe take some of the brightness out of the hats. Hard to tell, maybe without the limiter all will be okay.

I welcome any constructive criticism. Like I said I want it to be as good as can be. This is my top selling song on itunes.

MP3 is only 192kbps. Just imagine the depth & air.

K, After a couple of suggestions I removed a couple of Room tracks, added about 10k to the Snare/Claps, 5-6K to the Vox. Those room tracks added depth but muddied everything up. I guess I could've EQ'd them better & tried to make them work but I don't have much time to experiment right now.

Thanks for the input. If anyone has anymore suggestions please hit me up & let me know.

Last edited by Ray Sr.; 29th June 2009 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: New clip
20th June 2009
Old 20th June 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZoo View Post
OK, this is the snippet of the songs I have mixed, the first two things on the snippet could have louder kick in my opinion but that's the fattest I could make it because producers didn't want to give me the tracked out beats, so I have to make something by eq-ing and compressing the whole beat, and of course when you hear some songs at the end of snippet on some wierd language that Serbian language, Serbia (East Europe) where I am from, but most songs are from USA artists...Those beats aren't produced by me (except last two), I'm mostly sound engineer (doing and other kind of musics but started with rap) but I'm a producer as well, there are lot of my beats in my signature...
Give some comments.Peace
These are amazing! Especially that Serbian sh*t on your myspace, holdin' it down for E. Europe. Excellent beats, samples, etc.
20th June 2009
Old 20th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekterran View Post
These are amazing! Especially that Serbian sh*t on your myspace, holdin' it down for E. Europe. Excellent beats, samples, etc.
Thank you bro!
On my myspace are mostly me and my group rappin,because I am an MC as well.
Peace
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search