New Reply
Subscribe
6th July 2009
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to MYAMS Send a message via MSN to MYAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Mario, its hard to get any producer to backup a new track on another producers production.

The responce on my end has been so big I just want to see what will happen.

Its a win for everyone if the record starts to pick up speed.
Yeah I saw B Cox on credits but knew it had to be Mario, anyway good luck with the remix
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Gear nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Jinx
Just finished this track this afternoon. Not sure if the singer gave his all, but his manager approved of it and I got paid. LOL, the things we do for money.....

Mamacita - Island Boi feat. Tek Finesse
13th July 2009
Old 13th July 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Man I am so excited to put up this remix for Cassie F Diddy.....

Im callin out Phillysoul man give me your feedback once its up....

You have the biggest...... opinion on here I want to hear what you got to say about it!!!!

All other feedback on the mix and everything is welcome to. Im in a battle with the label cause they just dropped a remix with Red Cafe....

But all the DJ's lovin the one I did so imma push it own my own just want to make sure the mix is tight as it could be.

Ken I would love your feedback too, if you have the time.

Justice

This is very dope thumbsup
13th July 2009
Old 13th July 2009
Gear maniac

This is my beat featuring my man Brim on the vocals..let me know what yall think? Repping Orlando FL.
Attached Files
13th July 2009
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to STARSKI
Check out my new mixTAPE! The whole thing for free download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j1n00jjdhmi

Dubstep beats, rappers and singers from the bay area california. Here's a lil bio:
Over a year in the making, countless hours logged, blood, sweat, and tears poured into it, and it's day has finally arrived, Enter: Dub Rap. This new genre of music has been defined and developed thru the making of DJ Ricky Switch's newest mixtape: Dub Rap Volume1, featuring One Drop. Put your seat belts on it's gonna be a bumpy ride, but if your ears are ready to hear the future of music, stay tuned....

Rewind four years prior, to a remote island off the north coast of Ireland where a young, but seasoned DrumNBass DJ named Ricky Switch was first being being exposed to wobble basslines, boom bap slaps, and a whole new sound of music which he soon found himself engulfed in, Dubstep. Shortly after, Ricky packed his bags and moved out to California, the San Francisco Bay Area to be exact. He found his way DJ'ing the few Dubstep and DnB shows that he could find, and doing so he also became involved in the local hip hop scene, where he joined the underground rap group Distant Relatives. In due course, he would share a studio with local Bay Area Rapper Starski, and while Ricky would be bumping dubstep dj sets in one room, Starski and his crew were knocking out raps in the other. It was only a matter of time before peanut butter met the chocolate and Reese's Pieces was made, or as they call it Dub Rap.

During the process of working on the mixtape, they created a marriage the authentic sounds of UK Dubstep music and hardcore underground bay area MC's and singers. Instantly, the artists became fully engrossed in the sounds and space that Dubstep offers a vocalist and found many ways to deliver their art form. Over 50 tracks were recorded in a year's time, and only about half of them made it to the mixtape (respect to the ones that didn't). The Dub Rap sound that came out of this experience is an intense mix of otherworldly sounds courtesy of UK Dubstep rhythms, and the future of bay area and worldwide hip hop music.

This project was done with much praise and respect given to the originators of Dubstep, and the producers who made the music that made this mix possible. It's aimed at giving the genre another avenue to allow it to grow and to expose more people to it's undeniable sound and originality. The core artists (the mcs/ singers) involved have no doubts that they will continue to work within this medium of art to allow their creative juices to flourish and expand on an ever broadening horizon of Dubstep visions. Their is no question that the genre of "Dubrap" will catch on with other artists the world over, and allow rappers and singers alike to grow into the next millennium of audio murder: Dubstep and now Dubrap.
13th July 2009
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ TEKNIK View Post
This is my beat featuring my man Brim on the vocals..let me know what yall think? Repping Orlando FL.
It sounds kool. Maybe some EQ on the vox, high pass and a presence boost (I'm crazy with the EQ tho so it's only preference). Sounds like the first hit when the verse kicks it was a tad early, but it still flows and maybe that was me trippin on the listen. Sounds like that old school hip hop vibe. LOL at the no shout outs at the end then shoutin' out, "WHAT UP TEKNIK!!"
15th July 2009
Old 15th July 2009
Lives for gear

15th July 2009
Old 15th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to MYAMS Send a message via MSN to MYAMS
17th July 2009
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
whats the bollywood sample?
The beat is from a Chase & Status song called "Eastern Jam" I'm not sure what they sampled but I think someone put up the original on youtube somewhere. Snoop Dogg actually did a remix to the same beat as well. But we had done this version a long time ago so there it is!
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear nut

Beat is real cool, vocals were lacking intensity and emotion (some performance, some tracking and mixing. Vocals could benefit from lowpassing, for my voice I usually end up keeping only the frequencies below 5k. It helps them to sit well in the mix. ompression brings in intensity. I also heard alot of verb on the leads but that is subjective. Overall the song has alot of potential, it just hasn't peaked yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ TEKNIK View Post
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDT Music Group View Post
Beat is real cool, vocals were lacking intensity and emotion (some performance, some tracking and mixing. Vocals could benefit from lowpassing, for my voice I usually end up keeping only the frequencies below 5k. It helps them to sit well in the mix. ompression brings in intensity. I also heard alot of verb on the leads but that is subjective. Overall the song has alot of potential, it just hasn't peaked yet.
Wow, really? never heard of doing that before. . .
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear interested

let me know what u think im no pro but i will be
20th July 2009
Old 20th July 2009
Gear nut

Its something that I have found that works for my voice which is naturally on the mid/high side of the spectrum. The next time you record vocals and before you pull out any EQ or Compressor, insert a Frequency analyzer and see what frequencies make up that voice. The key is getting rid of unwanted frequencies while still sounding natural. For MY voice, I can live with loosing some hi end detail and still have good clean intelligible vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Wow, really? never heard of doing that before. . .
20th July 2009
Old 20th July 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Really cool. I liked that lot. It has a great intensity and there are some cool spot effects and twists. REAL RAP!
No comment on the mix, listening on wack headphones via YT. . .
Cool artwork on the mixtape too.
B

20th July 2009
Old 20th July 2009
Gear nut

I think, maybe boost the kick or maybe change it.

The voice sound old school and smooth I like it good job On.

The Overall is good I think.

Nice Work.

- Mick
21st July 2009
Old 21st July 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikky View Post
It sounds kool. Maybe some EQ on the vox, high pass and a presence boost (I'm crazy with the EQ tho so it's only preference). Sounds like the first hit when the verse kicks it was a tad early, but it still flows and maybe that was me trippin on the listen. Sounds like that old school hip hop vibe. LOL at the no shout outs at the end then shoutin' out, "WHAT UP TEKNIK!!"
Thanks. I'm fairly new on mixing my beats so you can't forget about vocal which I recorded as well..lol and the end of the song.

Quote:
I Love GS I'm getting some pointers on mixing which I'm lacking off I will try below 5K frequency to hear how it sounds.. thanks for the listen..
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its something that I have found that works for my voice which is naturally on the mid/high side of the spectrum. The next time you record vocals and before you pull out any EQ or Compressor, insert a Frequency analyzer and see what frequencies make up that voice. The key is getting rid of unwanted frequencies while still sounding natural. For MY voice, I can live with loosing some hi end detail and still have good clean intelligible vocals.
Hahah, dude you missed the joke. RyanC was being sarcastic.... your statement was inacurrate in language (you obviously meant HIGHpass, or did you want to make muffled poo?)

Further more, 5k is REDICULOUS! Even on the softest slope (say 6dB/octave) that would completely ruin the vocals in any song, any style of music.

Maybe you mean a soft slope (6db) from like 500hz highpassed? That's starting to make sense, although I still wouldn't recommend it. Some mic's rolloffs are similar to this though...

I prefer to roll of sharp at anywhere from 95 -> 140 hz, and then scoop some low mids with the EQ (400-700hz) if needed. Some voices don't, but it's fairly common to want to remove a bit of that. Especially on heavy stacks.
22nd July 2009
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells View Post
Hahah, dude you missed the joke. RyanC was being sarcastic.... your statement was inacurrate in language (you obviously meant HIGHpass, or did you want to make muffled poo?)

Further more, 5k is REDICULOUS! Even on the softest slope (say 6dB/octave) that would completely ruin the vocals in any song, any style of music.

Maybe you mean a soft slope (6db) from like 500hz highpassed? That's starting to make sense, although I still wouldn't recommend it. Some mic's rolloffs are similar to this though...

I prefer to roll of sharp at anywhere from 95 -> 140 hz, and then scoop some low mids with the EQ (400-700hz) if needed. Some voices don't, but it's fairly common to want to remove a bit of that. Especially on heavy stacks.
I'm not worried about what RyanC meant, and no I did not mean HIGHpass as HIGHpassing allows me to cut out low end rumble, mud and whatever else lives in the sub (20-80Hz) and low (80-200Hz) range. LOWpassing is the direct opposite as I use this to really just isolate the important frequencies in my voice (not yours or RyanC) and roll off any others.

The bottom line is this, what sounds good is good, regardless of the method or whatever terminology we can come up with. I invite you to take a listen and see if my vocals sound like poo as you put it. Muffled Poo that is.

Hevin-TSW on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
25th July 2009
Old 25th July 2009
Gear addict

Hello everyone

Here is a new beat that I have just finished making/mixing. Does someone mind checking the low end I am not mixing in a ideal room.

Thanks in advance
D
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 New Beat DT.mp3 (2.24 MB, 5174 views)
26th July 2009
Old 26th July 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_town View Post
Hello everyone

Here is a new beat that I have just finished making/mixing. Does someone mind checking the low end I am not mixing in a ideal room.

Thanks in advance
D
wow this beat is real cool..The low end sounds good coming out my event monitors..
26th July 2009
Old 26th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not worried about what RyanC meant, and no I did not mean HIGHpass as HIGHpassing allows me to cut out low end rumble, mud and whatever else lives in the sub (20-80Hz) and low (80-200Hz) range. LOWpassing is the direct opposite as I use this to really just isolate the important frequencies in my voice (not yours or RyanC) and roll off any others.

The bottom line is this, what sounds good is good, regardless of the method or whatever terminology we can come up with. I invite you to take a listen and see if my vocals sound like poo as you put it. Muffled Poo that is.

Hevin-TSW on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Dude, it definitely sounds like muffled poo. And that's a mixing issue, because your performance and beats are fine. (Listening to Real Live Soldiers) the chorus isn't quite as muffled, but the verse is out of control.. sounds like you rap through a pillow.

You need a second set of ears and/or new monitors..
27th July 2009
Old 27th July 2009
Gear addict

Thanks DJ TEKNIK
anyone else...
27th July 2009
Old 27th July 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_town View Post
Hello everyone

Thanks in advance
D

Yes, it's sound pretty good seriously ! I like the vibe of the beat !
I have my headphone and i can see the stereo game, very nice too.
No bad comments for this beat

- Mick
mak
28th July 2009
Old 28th July 2009
mak
Gear interested

how can i fit more instruments in something like this

mak
28th July 2009
Old 28th July 2009
mak
Gear interested

any way i can fit more instruments or layers in this mix?

i played the drums and put a guitar in it(it will get better) , but technically, how can i make space for something else without taking away the guitar sound?
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 zafaca-filipmastered.mp3 (5.29 MB, 2791 views)
28th July 2009
Old 28th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to jikky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak View Post
Affordable IT Support for Small Businesses Log&Go

i got only drums and a bit improvising guitar(which will be better), but i have problem fitting anything else(strings or something) inside the mix.
any suggestions ?
There's very present breathing in this track. Sounds almost like gasping. Might wanna cut em out or turn em down.

Use EQ to get all the sounds in by cutting out un-needed frequecies. Also everything can't be the lead so remember that. It's usually one or 2 lead sounds and everything else plays the background.
29th July 2009
Old 29th July 2009
Gear nut

Sorry, False Post !
29th July 2009
Old 29th July 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells View Post
Dude, it definitely sounds like muffled poo. And that's a mixing issue, because your performance and beats are fine. (Listening to Real Live Soldiers) the chorus isn't quite as muffled, but the verse is out of control.. sounds like you rap through a pillow.

You need a second set of ears and/or new monitors..
Thanks for taking the time to listen, I went back in made the EQ flat for those upper freq's. Its always good to have second opinions when experimenting because we sometimes forget that when we listen to and mix our own music, its easy for us to follow and know every word regardless of clarity or volume because we wrote them! So from now on I will take that into consideration.

Peace
mak
29th July 2009
Old 29th July 2009
mak
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikky View Post
There's very present breathing in this track. Sounds almost like gasping. Might wanna cut em out or turn em down.

Use EQ to get all the sounds in by cutting out un-needed frequecies. Also everything can't be the lead so remember that. It's usually one or 2 lead sounds and everything else plays the background.
you r correct, i have to learn more and decide whats lead whats not..
eq is something i have just started playing , but it is hard.. (or i am a it deaf.. ;0)
thanks alot for your comment, take care.
Invalid Friend ID
30th July 2009
Old 30th July 2009
Gear interested

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search