The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread
20th June 2009
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZoo View Post
OK, this is the snippet of the songs I have mixed, the first two things on the snippet could have louder kick in my opinion but that's the fattest I could make it because producers didn't want to give me the tracked out beats, so I have to make something by eq-ing and compressing the whole beat, and of course when you hear some songs at the end of snippet on some wierd language that Serbian language, Serbia (East Europe) where I am from, but most songs are from USA artists...Those beats aren't produced by me (except last two), I'm mostly sound engineer (doing and other kind of musics but started with rap) but I'm a producer as well, there are lot of my beats in my signature...
Give some comments.Peace
Sounds good to me, bro. Either the 2 track was very well mixed or u saved the shit out of it. Love the drum sound on all of em.

I swear I heard a sample from Disney's Aladdin in one of em...lol. Nice...
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell Blaze View Post
Sounds good to me, bro. Either the 2 track was very well mixed or u saved the shit out of it. Love the drum sound on all of em.

I swear I heard a sample from Disney's Aladdin in one of em...lol. Nice...

Hahaha, yeah man, when I was mixing that song, my partner was like "Jan, this is sample from Alladin video game" hahaha...Seems that everybody played Alladin haha
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha, yeah man, when I was mixing that song, my partner was like "Jan, this is sample from Alladin video game" hahaha...Seems that everybody played Alladin haha
I didn't play it. I remember it from the movie (when I was a teen)...
23rd June 2009
Old 23rd June 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinnacleProdUK View Post
Track called Battle by Kortexx.

Still unfinished, this is a rough mix as for now,

Its a very dense/busy mix with a lot of orchestral sounds but I still wanted to create an epic type Uk Hip Hop track.

I'm both producing and mixing this album which is due to be released soon.

The Bit-rate is not 320 as the file size was to big, just to clarify.

Your thoughts?
Have to 2nd Trell Blaze...this is cinamatic! Great stuff bruh! I felt like I was in a theater! The vox were in a good place to me...nice touch on the verb. Both thumbs up on this...this is what making good music is about!

Hymn
25th June 2009
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Head

This is my 1st post...and from what I hear just about all sound pretty good. Keep up the good work!!
25th June 2009
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Its a very dense/busy mix with a lot of orchestral sounds but I still wanted to create an epic type Uk Hip Hop track.

Your thoughts?
Track is great! Will you post a clip of the final mix?
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Your thoughts?
that sample sounds very familiar... typer bates or danny elfman and very recent?
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

How about some feedback on a verse?

This is a feature I just did for another artist's track. It's been rare in the past that I'd do a feature for someone but I was feeling the track.

Anyways, let me know what you think of it.
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin James View Post
How about some feedback on a verse?

This is a feature I just did for another artist's track. It's been rare in the past that I'd do a feature for someone but I was feeling the track.

Anyways, let me know what you think of it.

You're good mc
28th June 2009
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
You're good mc
thanks for listening
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin James View Post
thanks for listening
Nthing for that,if it is not hard for you, you could listen my snippet here too to hear my engineering
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
Jik,
Sounds like it could be a club banger. I don't think anything sounds wrong or out of place but the vocals aren't grabbing me like I think they should. Can't put my finger on it (listening on my computer speakers). I'll listen on my DAW & get back to you.
Until then try boosting .5 - 1db at 2-3k & about 1-2db at 5-6k. Maybe even use a highshelf at 7-8k boosting .5 - 2db.

Just trying to get those vox to shine. All love this way, you know that.
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Sr. View Post
Jik,
Sounds like it could be a club banger. I don't think anything sounds wrong or out of place but the vocals aren't grabbing me like I think they should. Can't put my finger on it (listening on my computer speakers). I'll listen on my DAW & get back to you.
Until then try boosting .5 - 1db at 2-3k & about 1-2db at 5-6k. Maybe even use a highshelf at 7-8k boosting .5 - 2db.

Just trying to get those vox to shine. All love this way, you know that.

Thanks for the feedback. Will post an update in a lil bit. Checkin back and forth with the comp and studio speakers.

Here's with the added boost in the highs. Sounds better to me on the comp and mains.

Gettin Money Ova Here Mix.mp3
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jikky View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Will post an update in a lil bit. Checkin back and forth with the comp and studio speakers.

Here's with the added boost in the highs. Sounds better to me on the comp and mains.

Attachment 126878
Sounds a lot better to me. That hook sounds Right. Maybe bring the verse Vox up to keep the energy going. Sounds like you were going for a Rock type mix with the vox back but I think it might sound better up front.
Just a suggestion though.

Keep shining Jik.
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Head

Check out my mixes

30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Sr. View Post
Sounds a lot better to me. That hook sounds Right. Maybe bring the verse Vox up to keep the energy going. Sounds like you were going for a Rock type mix with the vox back but I think it might sound better up front.
Just a suggestion though.

Keep shining Jik.

Yea I did put the verse vox down a couple db. I'm switching between 2 versions to see which one I like best. Thanks for the help bro!
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by max7777 View Post
Check out my mixes at B Squared
Mix sounds cool (I'm assuming you're going for that Kanye vibe).
I think the song needs something more though. It would be best to either have the beat change a bit more or change your flow a little bit. Just sounds kinda monotonous. I love underground music & try to give everything a chance but I cut your song off during the 2nd verse.
If you can't (or don't want to) change the song then change the mix. Add some panning, drop outs, FX, or anything for that matter. Just something to keep people listening. This is a common mistake that we all have fallin victum to at some point. I made the same mistake on my first album. Won't happen on this 2nd album though.

I said all of this to help. I don't try to knock people down, its not my style. Hope you take this for what it is.
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
I just listened to "Bring You Back" and the "can't" in the part of the chorus where you go
"I can't bring you back, I can't bring you back" seems to be out of tune.
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Listened to Bring You Back. I agree with Ray on the monotone sound. It is a great mix and it's loud too, but the performance could be great with a change in dynamics. Come in as usual, if there is sadness in the verse show it thru sound, if there is anger or buildup then show it thru an aggressive voice. Changing tonality in a song really brings it to life, especially if it's something that's lyrically driven. I like it tho. Are you the artist and engineer, or is it an artist who is a client?

p.s. I'd rework the hook too, it sounds harsh to me.

All love this way. I think it's a great song!
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Head

I produced the song and engineered it. The artist is my close friend and we are sort of a producer/artist duo, both college students looking for a way in the music biz. I appreciate yall's feedback, I have heard the song so many times it doesn't even register anymore and I have lost all objectivity. Feel free to check out the other songs on the website!
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I produced the song and engineered it. The artist is my close friend and we are sort of a producer/artist duo, both college students looking for a way in the music biz. I appreciate yall's feedback, I have heard the song so many times it doesn't even register anymore and I have lost all objectivity. Feel free to check out the other songs on the website!

Will do. Keep grindin' it out. Ya'll will make a way. Everybody is trying to get it. Stay hungry and motivated!
1st July 2009
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I kept waiting for some sort of change in the verses that never came.

The lead vox sound sort of "boxy-honky" but I don't know if that was intentional or not. Most of the problems lay in the arrangement, imo...
3rd July 2009
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

Ohhh I think I have the first track in a major key. . .

Well here is something totally different. The main dude Paul is redicoulously talented. Raps, drums, guitars, pianos. . . too bad you all have to be subjected to the mp3.

This was kind of a challenge actually, I wanted to get the kicks and snares to smack a little more. But they had an old slingerland set. They didn't like the idea of putting a little more drum machine back bone in it, but it is what it is.

One thing I notice listening to a bunch of these is they are all kind of dark, are you guys just leaving it that way for mastering? Or maybe my stuff is too bright, usually it sound about right when I compare to commercial releases.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Fly.mp3 (4.52 MB, 716 views)
4th July 2009
Old 4th July 2009
Lives for gear

Man I am so excited to put up this remix for Cassie F Diddy.....

Im callin out Phillysoul man give me your feedback once its up....

You have the biggest...... opinion on here I want to hear what you got to say about it!!!!

All other feedback on the mix and everything is welcome to. Im in a battle with the label cause they just dropped a remix with Red Cafe....

But all the DJ's lovin the one I did so imma push it own my own just want to make sure the mix is tight as it could be.

Ken I would love your feedback too, if you have the time.

Justice
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Must be love throwback remix.mp3 (5.23 MB, 696 views)
5th July 2009
Old 5th July 2009
Lives for gear

Dr. Dre_ish

You all have great mixes, damn... everything crisp and clear...
Well that's some track I have done today... gone after an "aftermath" simple type of arrangement...

what do you think..??? I am a newbie but i understand most of the "jargon", except that i don't use any hardware gear (i'm not really a gearslut yet :p ) (not even monitors, i have my lovely beyer dt770 pro for mixing lol)

@ jikky... yay that mix was goodly in my face, i liked it... instruments poppin a lil bit... and that's the style of tracks I can relate too also, msot of the time... props !
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 BASE Aftermath south_9b.mp3 (5.41 MB, 637 views)
5th July 2009
Old 5th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Man I am so excited to put up this remix for Cassie F Diddy.....

Im callin out Phillysoul man give me your feedback once its up....

You have the biggest...... opinion on here I want to hear what you got to say about it!!!!

All other feedback on the mix and everything is welcome to. Im in a battle with the label cause they just dropped a remix with Red Cafe....

But all the DJ's lovin the one I did so imma push it own my own just want to make sure the mix is tight as it could be.

Ken I would love your feedback too, if you have the time.

Justice
Its not bad but I would have to side with Bad Boy because I dont see the the point of it. The original production is nice and it would have made sense to do like a club mix or some different genre that would attract new listeners but this is just adding another medicore beat to it. Just my 2 cents.
6th July 2009
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
Its not bad but I would have to side with Bad Boy because I dont see the the point of it. The original production is nice and it would have made sense to do like a club mix or some different genre that would attract new listeners but this is just adding another medicore beat to it. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks, Thats what Cassie kinda said but im still pushin it.. Great DJ responce!!!!

More dance then the original. Everyone else did dance remixes THAT is medicore, and predictable....

but thanks for the input.... I'm looking for input on the mix more then opinions about what is better...
6th July 2009
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Thanks, Thats what Cassie kinda said but im still pushin it.. Great DJ responce!!!!

More dance then the original. Everyone else did dance remixes THAT is medicore, and predictable....

but thanks for the input.... I'm looking for input on the mix more then opinions about what is better...
yeah.. i bet the techno mixes were beyond aweful lol

Yes it is indeed more upbeat and danceable but I couldn't see it being played at a mainstream club.

Who did the original mario winan or b cox?
6th July 2009
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
yeah.. i bet the techno mixes were beyond aweful lol

Yes it is indeed more upbeat and danceable but I couldn't see it being played at a mainstream club.

Who did the original mario winan or b cox?
Mario, its hard to get any producer to backup a new track on another producers production.

The responce on my end has been so big I just want to see what will happen.

Its a win for everyone if the record starts to pick up speed.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search