Does Any Body Know Where I Can Get Custom Made Hip-Hip Drums?
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

If you want a dre, storch, timbo, neptune kick....sound just get it from THEM!...chop the kick/snare/etc from the song. A Nice dre kick to chop is "How We Do" By game in the beginning its just the clap and kick....VOILA...knocking dre drums....rinse and repeat.
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Gear maniac

i'll top the offer and pay $12 for sounds that sound as good or better than that guys who makes $150,000 per beat
kataztraphy
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Gear maniac

Well i'll pay $20 i'll pay $100. You know why? Cause i aint gonna find it hear and its drums im looking for.

You're funny if you think just because you have hot drums you can put together a whole hot song.

Smart ass
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Gear maniac

ok ill give you a real answer this time. if its real drum sounds you want and you pretty much know what kind of sounds you want but dont have the gear to get them..

book some time in a studio with a drum kit and lots of gear and spend a few hours recording it all. youll have tons of material and the rates aint that expensive these days
kataztraphy
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Gear maniac

dharma one, thats great advice thanks. I want to do that. Do you have an idea on how to get those deep timbo style kicks from a real recording?
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Gear maniac

if u mean the kicks with long sustain it sounds to me like a kick drum that hasnt been muffled with a blanket or pillow. if you play the engineer at the studio some examples he'll be able to help you
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

I don't know bout this topic here. It's always been my understanding that it was an unwritten rule, that your sound is your sound and should NEVER be shared, given or sold off like this. That just goes against all pricipals of being a "true" producer. It takes years to stack up individual drum sample librarys of your own design. You have to create your own sound. if you can't do that, what does that say about you as a producer? Contrary to public opinion, major labels have no shortage of cookie cutter production...you wanna turn heads, be an innovator...
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005

No one is going to sell you sounds like that for $20-100/ each. The only way you will be able to get them that cheaply is by buying an instrumental mixtape and hoping that there is a couple open snares or kicks on there.

The fact is, those drum sounds cost a lot more to make than you might think. You would need to rent out a room at Criteria and mic up the same kit that Timbo had mic'ed up for the last year with the same rare and ultra expensive mics. And you would have to get the same drummer and same engineer for a day or two. Minimum cost would be $5-6,000 to get it done.... There are a lot of little tricks that they are using to make those kicks and snares specifically so people can't duplicate that sound. Notice the only other people getting those kind of sounds, are the guys who are using the same engineers in Miami and have the budget to do so.

So, to answer your question... Yes, you can get the sounds you are looking for. But, they will cost you a ton of money.
7th August 2005
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

I have purchased home made drum sample off ebay w/ good results....$20 for 600 kicks and 700 snares or so. Granted not all of these are "hit makers" still worth the $$$$ and then sum!!!

sdf
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Oh and these were single hits.....also included toms and hats...

sdf
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

www.modernbeats.com ....some of the hottest drum samples out there... bar none! that's if you do hip hop.
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987
www.modernbeats.com ....some of the hottest drum samples out there... bar none! that's if you do hip hop.
I have most of their libraries and they're ok, but I have probably only ever used one or two sounds out of all of them...
kataztraphy
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

Yes, i know of modern beats i think i mentioned that i own pretty much every internet hip-hop and ebay, sample cd's ect drum sounds and thats not what im looking for. I have to admit that one of my favourite kicks comes from there library and i stacked to of there kicks a couple of times to get another of my favourite kicks but its simply not enough. I want 100 amazing kicks.

My partner talked to one of the guys who did a certain library of there's which contained a few of my favourite kicks and they were all miked up and recorded live in the studio. Unfortunately he left the company and my partner has no way of getting in contact with him but it just proves my point that 3 of my favourite kicks were miked up and recorded live in the studio so im on the ball with what im looking for.

Problem is exactlly that there is only a few.

Problem is i just have to fork over some dough, get in the studio with an engineer and start trying everything.
kataztraphy
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

TonyBelmont, would you be able to help me out? Im serious about this im not one of these people who flake out.

Im in the middle of dealing with some well respected and serious people in the industry, thats why im trying to get some more killer drums fast. I have some great stuff but not nearly enough for me to keep bangen out hits everyday.
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataztraphy
He learned how to get timbo style kicks from Timbo so i guess he's wack now too right???

Get with the program!!!
Yes, he learned the art of sampling.

I have a disk full of Timbo's kiks and snares (and no, I'm not selling) and every single one of them has been...... lifted off vinyl (surprise surprise). If that's too hard, take Teachers advice and sample the man.

Now. while we're at it. I have some samples but wanted to see if someone could program them for me, something like Storch/Neptunes type thing. I'm willing to pay.......
kataztraphy
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

entropy, sorry my friend i dont beleive you at all!!!

You prove it to me what sounds like a timbo kicks to you is probabbly way off and garbage. A lot of people seem to think garbage sounds good or "hey this sounds like a Tiimbaland kick" when its totally off. Its amazing. I've dug through tons of vinyl man.

No Scott Storch learned the art of watching Timbo do it in the studio and then doing it himself.

Put two and two together man, Storch's beats before he worked with timbo and dre were no where near as good as they are now. His drums too. I would do the exact same thing he did. He's smart.

Just like the art of watching Dre get it???

Storch even said in an interview that working with these guys he had access to the best drums, recording techniques on how to get them ect so there's nothing like hearing it right from the horses mouth.

But im glad you think this way. Your on the right track

You nailed it!!!

Oh and your last comment was just stupid

programming drums is totally different then getting your own custom recorded drums sounds.

I mean listen and stop being so foolish, everybody's drums in the commercial realm sound really similar. Its just the standard of what people want to hear and what sells.

Im sure Storch didnt mind using Timbo style kicks. I mean shit he's only a millionaire right now.

Its so funny that some of you guys think there is some code of honour crap that "oh i cant use a kick drum because Timbaland invented kicks"!!!

You guys stick to your code of honour and see where it gets you. Do you think Kanye had a code of honour when he was stealing drums from Eminems disks when he left the room?

Or when he started using the chipmunk effect that RZA started?

You might aswell throw in the towel and just let these guys make all the money.

Im my opinion creating and recording drum sounds thats in the vibe of what sells today is no where near trying to bite anybody. Its your own sounds!!!Its as original as it gets!!!. Your foolish to go againt the grain of what sells today. These are the people who make no money and live at their parents house untill there 40 years old. Your trying to bite more by stealing it from vinyl because thats somebody else's song. And i've never sampled a single drum sound from a hip-hop producer's beat ever and i never will. I think that is pathetic imo and if i were going to do that i would just throw in the towel. I would rather buy it from the source if it came down to it but i like original drum sounds that nobody has. I want to record and make my own and there are engineer's who specialize in this. I will just go in the studio with an experienced engineer and try everything for a few days. Its obvious i came to the wrong place but hey its worth a try. I care that much to at least try everything.

Man its really no wonder why everybody's not a millionaire who can deliver top notch tracks. You're all stuck in your ways which obviously aren't working. See i dont do this for fun. Yes i really enjoy it but its my career and i will make it, I wish everybody the best of luck,

Storch has an engineer, Neptunes, Dre, Timbo, Jimi Kendrix ect. Thats who gets these guys there sound.These people aren't one man army's like you all think. There too busy making the tracks.

SO i guess people like Snoop Dogg, Storch, ect are wack because they have synth programmers too right? There not following the code and doing it them self

But they didnt program that custom synth patch a synth programmer did so they are wack!!!

It doesnt matter that its how they used that patch to create a track right?

You get a synth programmer to make a Hit single or get a producer to program a crazy synth patch that a synth programmer can do. Thats what these people do its their jobs. Storch doesnt make his drums sound the way they do its his engineer. He just makes the hits. I mean you get your respect by using the sounds to make a hit record. Thats what its about. Having dope sounds doesnt automatically give you a full hot hit single. You have to have a gift to make it a hit single. And you aint gonna do it without having sounds as good or better than the best. I feel i can do it and i want way more than i have now so i aint gonna stop untill i get what im looking for. I should stop talking now im giving away too much information.

entropy Did i ask somebody to program my drums???

Just asking cause im pretty sure i didnt.

Again i wish everybody the best of luck and im just speaking what i think is right. These people have a team plain and simple. Just Blaze has dudes digging for him, he has an engineer, he just makes the tracks. Thats what i do. Just make the tracks. I mean its the hardest part. It takes a gift plain and simple. You try giving the same sample just blaze was given to a regular joe producer and see if you can make it better than he did. Unless you have that gift in the first place it aint gonna happen. And sure i stack to get some good claps and a few kicks and i tweak here and there on the synths but you aint gonna get better synth patches than from a synth programmer who's only focus,job, and experience is programming/creating synth sounds. This is just an example. See my point?
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
No Chester YOU ARE WACK!!!

Get with the program or stay a nobody makin beats for fun or for the streets. Im not doing this for fun.

Create something of your own yes but it still has too be in the ball park of what sells commercially today.

I hate losers like you!!! **** your all over the place!!

No wonder you guys aint millionaires like Storch your all idiots. Only the people who think like you. So what Dre was Stortch's mentor and he learned a lot from him do you think Stortch is sooo wack now because now he too follows tips from dre and knows how to record a live drum now because of dre and Timbo??

Well im sure Storch could give a shit what you think cause he's a millionare now!!!
Why?

Because he created hot beats of his own but he stayed in the guidelines of what sells today!!!

He learned how to get timbo style kicks from Timbo so i guess he's wack now too right???

But he's a millionaire so take this shit in.

Im not an engineer who sits there and tweaks for 10 days while i could have done a few hit singles in that time. I just create the music. I stack a lot of claps but thats about it.

Get with the program!!!

i know so little about this music, that i probably should say nothing - but the
money thing is a bit overstated
the two people i know who worked with dre - both spoke of his work ethic, one
sat interviewing him while he played bach on the grand piano , one just
sang on the new bacharach/ dre record........

if b town means boston, there's gotta sombody who will do an hour of drumming
for one hundred dollars or less..........

trust yourself
do what you think sounds good and will it to be succesful

i've known plenty of stupid millionaires
but never a stupid musician if he's true to himself, even if he's borrowing
cabfare......

be well
good luck

- jack
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

No my friend, I am not wrong. I'm not telling you these SOUND like Timbo's samples, I'm telling you they ARE his akai files, and they are most DEFINATELY vinyl.
kataztraphy
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

entropy, Timbo doesnt use akai samples i dont think. He uses an ASR-10 which he try's to cover up.

First of all how did you get Timbalands actuall files??

I wouldnt beleive what people tell you unless Timbo handed them over to you himself.

Second how are you so sure there from Vinyl??

Why dont you prove it to me and i'll drop it???

Why are you guys all so afraid.

DO you actually think im that good to just use those samples you have and make a hit record??

I appreciate it if you do.Mabye you'll hear them on the BET top 10 soon
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy
No my friend, I am not wrong. I'm not telling you these SOUND like Timbo's samples, I'm telling you they ARE his akai files, and they are most DEFINATELY vinyl.
They are Timbo's Akai files? You do know that he doesn't use Akai samplers right?
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
entropy, Timbo doesnt use akai samples i dont think. He uses an ASR-10 which he try's to cover up.
Not anymore....
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
TonyBelmont, would you be able to help me out? Im serious about this im not one of these people who flake out.

Im in the middle of dealing with some well respected and serious people in the industry, thats why im trying to get some more killer drums fast. I have some great stuff but not nearly enough for me to keep bangen out hits everyday.
Maybe.... send me a PM. If you are in Boston I can hook you up with the right people.
kataztraphy
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

TonyBelmont. before i PM you i just wanted to let you know im not in Boston, Does it matter where im located?

Are you talking about actually getting in the studio with these people? I was hoping that there would be a way for me to demo them mabye with quiet talking or something over them so i can steal them and they are protected. I cant take any planes anywhere right now anywhere either but it would be nice. I would pay good money for the hits i like.
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

man.....Timbaland does use Akai samples...matter of fact I have a loop he got from an Akai CD-ROM I own....therefore he uses Akai samples...I can post it if ya'll don't believe me!!
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

Shake that shit.......Shawna feat. Ludacris Produced by Timbaland
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Well, maybe like Kanye, I was in the studio after him. But sending them to you.... not a chance. But take my word for it, they are samples, they are from vinyl and they are Akai format. Why do you think I'd waste my time telling you otherwise?

And yes, I realise you didn't ask someone to program the drums for ya. But hell, you may as well..... getting the right sounds is more than half the battle. Any numpty can program, it's using the right sounds in the first place, that's the skill.

YMMV

and you're doing music to make money huh? It's such a sure fire thing, the music biz! Let's hope you gave up a dead end job ((lawyer, real estate sales, marketing) to embark on this little venture. All going well, you should be banking your first million by this time next year
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams
man.....Timbaland does use Akai samples...matter of fact I have a loop he got from an Akai CD-ROM I own....therefore he uses Akai samples...I can post it if ya'll don't believe me!!
I'd love to hear it.... what cd is it??

Also, I'm sure he can convert Akai CD Roms, but he does not use Akai samplers, so for someone to have "his akai files" of his drums that were all "sampled from vinyl" makes no sense.
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
I'd love to hear it.... what cd is it??
Cool...give me a minute...I'll post it...just have to convert it to .wav...be right back
8th August 2005
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams
Cool...give me a minute...I'll post it...just have to convert it to .wav...be right back
Is it the Deepest India Cd??? He got Bubba Sparx "Ugly" from that one... Looking forward to checking out the sample when you get the chance to post it.
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search